RPVI exam material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackdaniel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Is there any Book or videos or any material for RPVI boards?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a review course from Cleveland Clinic, it was 90% of my study material. The Zweibel textbook is one of the better texts, but it is a reference not high yield for RPVI

Can anyone please update this post? Study tips for RPVI exam? How long in advance did you prepare? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone please update this post? Study tips for RPVI exam? How long in advance did you prepare? Thanks!

pegasuslectures is good. Depending on what you know, either do the lectures + questions or just the questions. Hope that helps

(I don't have a post count high enough to post a link so google!)

Look at lots of pictures. This is an exam that you can't really 'practice' for - you sort of need to be comfortable with the subject matter and be willing to work things out on test day. Don't under-estimate the physics questions - there are lots of questions on instrumentation. I found the Pegasus lectures (online) to be reasonable but be aware if you are an attending that they will want more money out of you at the end to extract the CME. Edelman's material is also good. The pass rate for this exam is decreasing each year. I've known people who passed the echo boards breeze into the RPVI exam expecting to smoke it only to fail. I think the APCA now gives you your grade right after the test. The APCA practice exams are just like the exam...

What questions bank do you guys use?

Look at lots of pictures. This is an exam that you can't really 'practice' for - you sort of need to be comfortable with the subject matter and be willing to work things out on test day. Don't under-estimate the physics questions - there are lots of questions on instrumentation. I found the Pegasus lectures (online) to be reasonable but be aware if you are an attending that they will want more money out of you at the end to extract the CME. Edelman's material is also good. The pass rate for this exam is decreasing each year. I've known people who passed the echo boards breeze into the RPVI exam expecting to smoke it only to fail. I think the APCA now gives you your grade right after the test. The APCA practice exams are just like the exam...

Thanks for your feedback. yes agree many fellows underestimate nuclear board and RPVI. what is APCA practice test?

Any update on the study material since last year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN