Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any update in regards to getting off the hold list?

Members don't see this ad.

Any update in regards to getting off the hold list?
I called them yesterday and was advised that there weren't too many people left. They're expecting people to start getting off the waitlist after 2 weeks based on what I was told.

Reactions: 1 user
Say we get off the hold list / wait list after our school year ends, will they ask for an updated transcript before or after you are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them yesterday and was advised that there weren't too many people left. They're expecting people to start getting off the waitlist after 2 weeks based on what I was told.

Weird. I got very different info this week. As in "not half way through the hold list" different.

Hey guys. It seems like everytime someone calls they get a different response. I would not think too much into the responses. Try getting your mind off of things at this point we just have to play the waiting game. I would like to point out however that the hold list did not start moving last year until end of may, and as most of you know it has had significant movement (30-40%) already. So that is a good sign. However every year is different and obviously we can't put all of our hope into that. A friend of mine was told top 1/3 of waitlist and Paula did mention that top 1/3 of WL was accepted last year. Don't know what that means in terms of this year. But anything is possible and just remain hopeful while also figuring out your next step in case this cycle doesn't work. Best of luck to all!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew today from an acceptance off the hold list! Dean Watkins is so sweet :) Best of luck everyone

Withdrew today from an acceptance off the hold list! Dean Watkins is so sweet :) Best of luck everyone

Does this mean you got pulled off of the hold list for a seat that opened up? I'm confused lol

If that's the case, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap:

Does this mean you got pulled off of the hold list for a seat that opened up? I'm confused lol

If that's the case, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap:

Thanks :) but I declined the offer so I hope someone on here gets it!!

Was recently accepted off the hold list and currently apartment hunting so I was wondering if anyone can comment as to where most first years live? I know April sent out a whole spreadsheet but if anyone can help narrow that down it would be much appreciated!

Was anyone here complete in mid-July and still receive an interview before October?

I was in the first interview group (9/10) and was complete the first week everything opened. It took a little though for the secondaries to be sent out (can't remember).

Just spoke with admissions, there has been no wait list movement yet and they're only about 40% through the hold list..conflicting information

For current students, how do you usually take notes? And do you mainly use your personal computer, or the computer given to you?

Was recently accepted off the hold list and currently apartment hunting so I was wondering if anyone can comment as to where most first years live? I know April sent out a whole spreadsheet but if anyone can help narrow that down it would be much appreciated!

There's a Rowan Class of 2021 Facebook Group that was helpful - that's how I got my apartment settled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, can someone post the link for the facebook group. Thanks!

hi! questions for current students.... I'm considering getting the ipad pro or regular ipad to read textbooks etc. do any current students have any input on best way to take notes? also, is there free printing for students or is there a charge? thanks!

Last edited:
hi! questions for current students.... I'm considering getting the ipad pro or regular ipad to read textbooks etc. do any current students have any input on best way to take notes? also, is there free printing for students or is there a charge? thanks!

I think that's really personal preference, but I have also been considering getting an iPad Pro for note taking. Check out the Goodnotes App on the store, looks pretty user friendly and it has decent reviews. I really do think it comes down to what works best for you though. I can't recall exactly how much printing you get from the campus tour I took, but I want to say I vaguely remember the student we had saying that she didn't even have a printer at home because she got x amount of free printing at the library.

Anyone call about their spot on the hold list/hold list movement recently?

Anyone here doing the prematric program next week?

~55% through the hold list. Its already mid-June. I feel like there's no way I'm going to hear back, nor are many people on the WL

Did they say how many were on the WL? or did they just say there are not many on the WL?
No, they don't really reveal that information. I was saying that I don't think myself, or many people who are on the waitlist, are going to hear back.

No, they don't really reveal that information. I was saying that I don't think myself, or many people who are on the waitlist, are going to hear back.
rowan has waitlist movement every year so dont lose hope! hope for the best prepare for the worst:)

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if they provide us with stethoscopes, cuffs, etc or we have to get them?? i know some schools include it as a "gift"

Has anyone called recently to find out if the list is moving? It seems to be stagnant right now but just wanted to know if anyone has heard otherwise.

does anyone know if they provide us with stethoscopes, cuffs, etc or we have to get them?? i know some schools include it as a "gift"
I was told by upperclassmen that everything is included in our tuition. And we will also get a laptop because of the 'computer fee' we have to pay.

Has anyone called recently to find out if the list is moving? It seems to be stagnant right now but just wanted to know if anyone has heard otherwise.

Called yesterday, 65% through.

Reactions: 1 users
What are your thoughts regarding the waitlist? Do you think it'll be utilized this year at all

Hi! How many pairs of scrubs do current students recommend getting esp if we don't like laundry haha

Anyone get any more updates for the hold list? I called last week and was told they were 65% through.

Has anyone who's signed up for grad plus loans heard anything back from Rowan about them?

So I got the immunization/health forms, the deposit, the background check, and the transcript done. Is there anything else I need to do/look over before orientation? How do i get the book list?

Has anyone who's signed up for grad plus loans heard anything back from Rowan about them?
Yup I applied for the grad plus loan about a week ago and saw that I was approved when I checked the financial aid site yesterday. I had to call the financial aid office initially though, because none of my financial aid was showing up. I had to re-email them confirmation of my master promissory note & entrance counseling, which apparently they didn't get the first time I sent them several months ago.

I can confirm that as well. Unfortunately may be one of those years where they do not get through the whole list. The one positive is that white coat is August 6th this year, which is almost a week later than it usually is (or was last year), which could buy a little more time.

I can confirm that as well. Unfortunately may be one of those years where they do not get through the whole list. The one positive is that white coat is August 6th this year, which is almost a week later than it usually is (or was last year), which could buy a little more time.
:( I guess that will mean chances of them even getting to the wait list are slim to none this year which is really disappointing since in the past they've taken quite a large number of students from the wait list as well which means they would have exhausted the hold list too. Really bummed :(

I called today and was told there was no movement on the hold list lately BUT they said normally as the white coat nears, there is more movement on the list. So don't lose hope yet! There's still time. :)

Anyone have hold-list updates?

I just got off the phone with them and there hasn't been much,if any, movement in the past two weeks. If anything ~5% of the remaining list has been utilized the past two weeks. :(

I just got off the phone with them and there hasn't been much,if any, movement in the past two weeks. If anything ~5% of the remaining list has been utilized the past two weeks. :(
Thank you! I'm on hold-list as well! Last time I called they said the same thing to me! Hopefully we will get good news!