Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess not? I don't know I was just as surprised when she told me that my application was still under review. She didn't tell me anything about the application cycle being over.

I guess they are still reviewing apps, and their answer to that question is specific to who is calling.

Members don't see this ad.

That's their way of silently rejecting people apparently. I was told mine was still under review literally 2 minutes after they told me they sent out the last interview invitations lol so I go if you're done interviewing why would I still be under review? They go well I guess you have a point.

...so interview invites are done...

Just talked someone on the admission. I was told that Next week Saturday ( April 8) is the last day of interviewing for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're interested in Rowan for next cycle, don't give up hope! Just make sure they know you're interested and make a concerted effort to try and visit.

Honestly, they are some of the nicest admissions staff I have ever worked with and they are always willing to show people around and let them shadow for a day. It might not guarantee you an interview, but it is a great way to show you care

Reactions: 1 user
called today and was told they are no longer reviewing apps for II. last week was the last week. she didnt even ask for my name or ID

According to last year's thread they interviewed until May. I wonder why they stopped sooner this year.

I wonder how many people are on the Hold List this year?

Reactions: 1 users
When was her interview mind if I ask? I interviewed mid-February and haven't heard back yet. Not sure if that means I was waitlisted or just haven't made the decision yet. Called admisisons office and they said they would call me back, but nothing yet. Thanks!
Sorry, just saw this! I think she interviewed mid-February. Good luck!

2 questions:
- It's been two weeks since my interview and they said they would get back within 2 weeks; if accepted, what time can I expect a phone call?
- Do they drug test as part of the acceptance checklist?

"Do they drug test as part of the acceptance checklist?"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
so if II are done for this cycle, where are the rejection emails?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has RowanSOM posted their match list yet for 2017?

hi! for current students--- I am very interested in Rowan because of its proximity to philly, where my significant other is living. i am worried, however, that years 3-4 I will have to rotate elsewhere. how receptive is Rowan to preferences in terms of rotations? thanks!!

hi! for current students--- I am very interested in Rowan because of its proximity to philly, where my significant other is living. i am worried, however, that years 3-4 I will have to rotate elsewhere. how receptive is Rowan to preferences in terms of rotations? thanks!!
On accepted students day one of the faculty members said that they are receptive to keeping you in the area you choose. They have 5+ hospital affiliations
(I think) in the south jersey area (near Philly) so I think you will be fine.

So the last interview date is this week and the committee meeting is on the 21st. I was told the waitlist will be ranked by the week after that committee meeting.

So the last interview date is this week and the committee meeting is on the 21st. I was told the waitlist will be ranked by the week after that committee meeting.

So is it true that they are no longer interviewing for acceptances but rather for the waitlist?

So is it true that they are no longer interviewing for acceptances but rather for the waitlist?
I dont believe so. When I asked them they said they were still interviewing for acceptances

can any current students speak on the class size expansion at rowan? apparently it is supposed to be 200 next year and I heard there are not enough rotation spots

can any current students speak on the class size expansion at rowan? apparently it is supposed to be 200 next year and I heard there are not enough rotation spots

where did you hear that?

but RowanSOM has CARES institute that is known for its pediatrics

Just called and they said letters of rejection are going out today for those of us who haven't been interviewed.

Has anyone heard back yet regarding acceptances? Apparently, the committee meet last Friday (4/7) and we should be hearing back sometime this week.

I just kind of wish that they would notify student if there were rejected instead of remaining silent. I have called and email countless times and each time I was told I am under the review process. It's really hard to get in touch with anyone there

I just kind of wish that they would notify student if there were rejected instead of remaining silent. I have called and email countless times and each time I was told I am under the review process. It's really hard to get in touch with anyone there

Hey, I just got off the phone with them. They review twice a month and reviewed last Friday (4/7). If you are under review, you still have a chance to not be rejected!

Hey, I just got off the phone with them. They review twice a month and reviewed last Friday (4/7). If you are under review, you still have a chance to not be rejected!
Hey thanks, I was beginning to lose hope because I have done all that they have asked me to do. I have spoken with Dean Watkins plenty of times, and now radio silence. I just would like a chance to interview that is all.

Dang these mixed updates have me so confused and anxious. One second I'm waiting for a rejection letter and the next, it feels like I have a chance.

Hi! Has anyone called to find out how many people are on the Hold List as of now?

At the accepted students day I believe the exact number is 186 (plus or minus a few since I could be off). They didn't mention anything about there being any struggle to find rotation spots. Where did you hear that from?

Hey thanks, I was beginning to lose hope because I have done all that they have asked me to do. I have spoken with Dean Watkins plenty of times, and now radio silence. I just would like a chance to interview that is all.

To be honest, I thought you already interviewed and was waiting to hear back from the school. This week is the last week they interview and if you have not received an invitation, then you are probably not going to receive an invite (don't quote me on that, though because I could be wrong) :/

Hi! Has anyone called to find out how many people are on the Hold List as of now?

I called and they are interviewing through this week. They should meet for the last time April 21st to finalize their decisions and after that they should have a better idea on the hold / wait list. i.e., call at the end of April, preferably April 24th to get a better grasp on the hold / wait list.

Also, as of right now, it seems that the class is filled up. Therefore, if you are waiting to hear back, you will most likely be put on the hold / wait list until somebody withdraws.

Has RowanSOM posted their match list yet for 2017?
Not yet. I've been checking daily and will post it when it becomes available.

You will rank which site you want to rotate in and the sites are picked by lottery system. Many students stay in South for rotations while the rest are in Central and North. Morristown is a big choice for many students because it's a very good site but only a few students get to rotate there.

I did not hear anything about that. I like to believe that schools know what they are doing and will increase their class size based on how much space they have and not leave a bunch of kids out to dry since that will hurt their reputation. We will fight for those library cubicles though.

do we owe rowan more money anytime soon (after the initial deposit)?

do we owe rowan more money anytime soon (after the initial deposit)?
to my knowledge, I don't think so? I haven't received anything from them since we got our health forms.

Has anyone heard back yet regarding acceptances? Apparently, the committee meet last Friday (4/7) and we should be hearing back sometime this week.

do you think they got to go over people who were interviewed the day before on 4/6? (I know that's a longshot, but I figured it would be worth asking haha)

Rotations are done via a lottery system! But don't worry. If you want to stay close to Philly (I do too!), the South Jersey rotation hubs are easy to land.

Apparently last round of interviews was today and the alternate list ranking will be official when the admissions committee meets at the end of the month. GL everyone! *fingers crossed*

Anyone know how big the hold list is this year?

Anyone know how big the hold list is this year?
I just called and asked the same question this morning. I was told that committee is meeting this Friday to discuss the last round of interviews, so they will have a better idea afterwards.

When I called, I was told it's not that big but I am not sure what that is in relative to.

I think that's a good thing because looking at the threads from past years its been as big as 25, so I'm guessing it's definitely not that big