Rowan Biomedical Sciences 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepod2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else applying to this program? anyone have any insight on how competitive it is to get in or how rigorous the program is?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also wanting to know more about the program

Members don't see this ad :)
deadline?
June 1st for the fall per the Rowan GSBS website. also, there is new linkage with this program and RowanSOM. 3.6 gpa over minimum 18 credits and a 500 mcat will get you a guaranteed interview.

June 1st for the fall per the Rowan GSBS website. also, there is new linkage with this program and RowanSOM. 3.6 gpa over minimum 18 credits and a 500 mcat will get you a guaranteed interview.

Is MCAT prep integrated in the program?

Is MCAT prep integrated in the program?
i dont think its included in the program, but the office of academic affairs will work with you to set up a personalized schedule if you need it. they also have study programs during the summer.

Reactions: 1 user
i'm deciding between this and pcoms biomed program in philly

I am doing it because if you do well, get an interview, and accepted, you don't have to wait another year to get into DO school. You finish the program in May ish and get into their DO program that August.

I heard it is pretty fast paced, and you do have to work your butt off. (3.6 is not an easy feat.) They cram about 3 semester worth of work into just one year.

just got my acceptance. curious to know a student's take on the program.

just got my acceptance. curious to know a student's take on the program.

Same, just got my acceptance. It's kinda hard to find info on this program, very curious to learn more before deciding.

Hey guys, I actually finished this program recently. Keep in mind, A LOT of changes have been made earlier this year for the upcoming 2017 class. The linkage was just developed in March after several complaints. I did meet the requirement of a 3.6 so I'm hoping I get accepted here at least... A 3.6+ will be HARD but keep your eye on the prize. I told myself before starting the program that I WILL do great and I worked my butt off. The exams are pretty fair and the professors are very helpful. They also have echo recordings (for most of the classes) if you ever need to go back to a lecture. They added a lot of new courses for core requirements that will be helpful for the mcat (if you haven't taken it or need to improve your score - then it's great to take the mcat after finishing the program). Before, they didn't really have that many choices but now they've added a lot more interesting courses. I know there isn't a lot of info on this program so I figured I could at least help future incoming students.
thanks for the reply. could you elaborate more on the difficulty of the classes?