Rotations at low tiers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebvb21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Would like to know what were rotations like at Windsor, UMHS, SMU, etc. Did anyone find it was hard to get rotations scheduled in a timely manner? How long did 3rd yr and 4th year rotations actually last compared to the syllabus in anyone's experience. Appreciate any kind of advice I can get! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

[derail]

You may have looked at (and hopefully read through) other recent threads where I've posted on this forum. The key theme to many of those have been (1) to be prepared at the end of your schooling, (2) to maximize your chances at getting residency, (3) to choose the Caribbean only after you've exhausted all other options, (4) to pick a school with a long track record of getting you into a residency program in a geographic location you want, and (5) it's always more important to understand the value of something rather than focusing on the cost.

That said, when someone comes here and asks such a question and about the schools you've listed, it's not clear that they've done enough homework. If it is just for curiosity sake that you want to know this information that's one thing. If it is because you are seriously considering any of those choices listed and you're going to base that decision in any part on what you subsequently read in this thread... well... caveat emptor.

[/derail]

-Skip

[derail]

You may have looked at (and hopefully read through) other recent threads where I've posted on this forum. The key theme to many of those have been (1) to be prepared at the end of your schooling, (2) to maximize your chances at getting residency, (3) to choose the Caribbean only after you've exhausted all other options, (4) to pick a school with a long track record of getting you into a residency program in a geographic location you want, and (5) it's always more important to understand the value of something rather than focusing on the cost.

That said, when someone comes here and asks such a question and about the schools you've listed, it's not clear that they've done enough homework. If it is just for curiosity sake that you want to know this information that's one thing. If it is because you are seriously considering any of those choices listed and you're going to base that decision in any part on what you subsequently read in this thread... well... caveat emptor.

[/derail]

-Skip

I'm not sure how asking a question about student's personal experiences on a broad forum such as this isn't a PART of of doing the homework

Nobody said they were basing their entire decision solely on what people post on here, and if you do assume that, well then you know what they say about making assumptions.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha. Okay, Sparky. Let's start over.

Why those schools? And, why not go directly to the source?

-Skip

(P.S. If you learn anything, it's never to trust anything you read here posted by anyone without independent verification. Myself included. Homework? Forget about the dog "eating" your homework... it's like letting the dog do your homework.)

Haha. Okay, Sparky. Let's start over.

Why those schools? And, why not go directly to the source?

-Skip

(P.S. If you learn anything, it's never to trust anything you read here posted by anyone without independent verification. Myself included. Homework? Forget about the dog "eating" your homework... it's like letting the dog do your homework.)

Wise words.