Ross length to get dvm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MixedPracticeJunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently doing my vet school research...Ross has tuitions listed for 10 semesters...does this mean that it takes 5 years to get your DVM at Ross? I was always under the impression it was 4, but I know other international schools like Glasgow have 5 year programs. TIA :)

Members don't see this ad.

Currently doing my vet school research...Ross has tuitions listed for 10 semesters...does this mean that it takes 5 years to get your DVM at Ross? I was always under the impression it was 4, but I know other international schools like Glasgow have 5 year programs. TIA :)
no, they compress their program into 3 years and 4 months because they go to school year round (with 2-3 week breaks between semesters). a higher than average number of students end up repeating a semester though, so it may end up taking closer to 4 years. also, consider the opportunities you will give up (working during breaks, travel abroad, family time, etc) to go to school without summer and winter breaks. that said, its a good school and a good program

Members don't see this ad :)
Like jmo said - the total time in school with Ross is 3 years 4 months. And yes, there is a higher number of students that fail but as a student here - it happens to many fewer students than it is made to seem.

2 years 4 months spent on island and 1 year spent in clinics in the US or at another affiliate school. I love it here! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

during breaks, if only
Like jmo said - the total time in school with Ross is 3 years 4 months. And yes, there is a higher number of students that fail but as a student here - it happens to many fewer students than it is made to seem.

2 years 4 months spent on island and 1 year spent in clinics in the US or at another affiliate school. I love it here! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Hi I was accepted and looking for advice on breaks only 2-3 weeks long do students go home? do you have a calendar stating when breaks are? I am unable to find a link

during breaks, if only

Hi I was accepted and looking for advice on breaks only 2-3 weeks long do students go home? do you have a calendar stating when breaks are? I am unable to find a link
Here is the RUSVM academic calendar. If you need more let me know, I can get them.
Academic Calendar

Most people DO go home on the breaks because they miss family and friends. I stayed for almost every single break because my family and friends preferred to visit me and that also gave me the opportunity to make a good chunk of cash pet sitting and being an orientation leader. Since most students go home there are always many that need a pet sitter over the breaks so if you're willing to work you can definitely make a (slight) dent in all that debt haha. The breaks are all 2 weeks except for the Christmas break which is always 3 weeks and then like every 4th year the August break is 3 weeks. If you have more specific questions feel free to message me.