Ross Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjb458

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread because I am wondering if Ross has contacted anyone for an interview for the Fall Semester 2017

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering sending in an app through their website still, haven't applied yet so I know I'm way behind the game haha

Was just about to get a thread going to ask the same thing lol. Anyone also apply at UF and have heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent heard from them yet, but I did get an email last week confirming my application etc... so I am guessing it must be soon??

I haven't heard yet either, my application tracking page is still all gray, meaning they haven't even processed my application yet. I am a second time applicant, I actually applied to Ross last year to and got accepted but ended up turning it down to take a gap year instead. Last year I heard from them about an interview before thanksgiving, this year they haven't even processed my application by December? I seems a bit strange to me, I might email them soon to ask about that

Was just about to get a thread going to ask the same thing lol. Anyone also apply at UF and have heard back?
I applied to UF last year, I ended up getting waitlisted in the end but I interviewed February 20th, they don't send out interview invites until the end of January

I haven't heard yet either, my application tracking page is still all gray, meaning they haven't even processed my application yet. I am a second time applicant, I actually applied to Ross last year to and got accepted but ended up turning it down to take a gap year instead. Last year I heard from them about an interview before thanksgiving, this year they haven't even processed my application by December? I seems a bit strange to me, I might email them soon to ask about that
Yeah my tracking page is still all grey too.. weird!

I was invited for an interview October 13th and was admitted to Ross university on October 27th. I applied through VMCAS

I was invited for an interview October 13th and was admitted to Ross university on October 27th. I applied through VMCAS
May I ask your GPA and GRE scores?

Is here anyone in this forum that can tell us the pros and cons of Ross?

If you have graduated from Ross, let us know.

Concernedmother

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask your GPA and GRE scores?

Is here anyone in this forum that can tell us the pros and cons of Ross?

If you have graduated from Ross, let us know.

Concernedmother

GPA 3.46
GRE 152v 152Q 3.5W
thousands of veterinary hours since I've been working in hospitals since I was 16. There are pros and cons to Ross. Ross comes with a stigma that it is not a very prestigious school and teaching is very lax. However, I work for a veterinarian that just graduated about 2 years ago and she is an amazing doctor. She says she had the most amazing time at Ross, and if she could do it all over again, studying and all, she would.

GPA 3.46
GRE 152v 152Q 3.5W
thousands of veterinary hours since I've been working in hospitals since I was 16. There are pros and cons to Ross. Ross comes with a stigma that it is not a very prestigious school and teaching is very lax. However, I work for a veterinarian that just graduated about 2 years ago and she is an amazing doctor. She says she had the most amazing time at Ross, and if she could do it all over again, studying and all, she would.

Thank you for that information. Concerned mother

I got accepted for fall 2017 on october 27th.
That makes me worried!!! In November they told me they hadn't even begun processing fall 17 applications from VMCAS yet. Has anyone else heard about interviews/acceptances?

That makes me worried!!! In November they told me they hadn't even begun processing fall 17 applications from VMCAS yet. Has anyone else heard about interviews/acceptances?

That worries me too because they told my daughter that they were waiting for her last report card and then they would determine if they want an interview. Meanwhile, we're trying to figure out how to pay for St. Matthew's since they do not have a loan program and getting one as an international vet student has not been successful so far.

Anyone have any clues what to do? Concerned mother

That worries me too because they told my daughter that they were waiting for her last report card and then they would determine if they want an interview. Meanwhile, we're trying to figure out how to pay for St. Matthew's since they do not have a loan program and getting one as an international vet student has not been successful so far.

Anyone have any clues what to do? Concerned mother
I am Canadian so things might be a bit different, but I have governmental loans, private student loans through the bank, and Ross offers financing as well. Ross is my back up school though as it is the most expensive. Ideally hoping for my provincial school, or a school in the UK/Ireland as it is much more affordable.

GPA 3.46
GRE 152v 152Q 3.5W
I don't think the stigma exists as much as it used to :) I've also worked with great doctors (and 4th year students) from Ross, and I'm sure many people in the field have by now. I've actually seen criticism for their class size, attrition rate, and the total cost of attendance far more than I've seen any criticism for the quality of their teaching or the students they put out. Their NAVLE pass rate does seem lower than that at most US schools I've seen, but the NAVLE isn't necessarily a measure of the quality of a doctor.

Like many of you, I still have nothing checked off on my application tracking page, so I emailed admissions to make sure it wasn't because I was missing anything. I received an email on December 12th that stated this:

"We are working through the VMCAS applications in the order they were verified and received, based on the term they are for. I am currently working on Fall 2017 so that is why you are still seeing the grey checkmarks. We will be communicating with you once the application has been processed to let you know if there are any outstanding items. It can take 1-2 months before you hear back."

So for those worrying (like me), hang in there. It seems they contact you as they go through applications, unlike other schools which send emails to everyone at the end. At least that is what I'm getting out of this.

Like many of you, I still have nothing checked off on my application tracking page, so I emailed admissions to make sure it wasn't because I was missing anything. I received an email on December 12th that stated this:

"We are working through the VMCAS applications in the order they were verified and received, based on the term they are for. I am currently working on Fall 2017 so that is why you are still seeing the grey checkmarks. We will be communicating with you once the application has been processed to let you know if there are any outstanding items. It can take 1-2 months before you hear back."

So for those worrying (like me), hang in there. It seems they contact you as they go through applications, unlike other schools which send emails to everyone at the end. At least that is what I'm getting out of this.
My application tracking page is still all gray to. So strange because I applied to Ross last year and I got a phone call for an interview invite before thanksgiving! This year my application is still not processed, they must be really slow this year or have a record amount of applicants.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm contemplating withdrawing mine as I've been accepted at another school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope, haven't heard anything... I haven't even been accepted anywhere yet but contemplating withdrawing mine as well... Thinking I would rather take a gap year than spend an insane amount of money to go to Ross

Reactions: 1 users
I applied through VMCAS and still have not heard anything... Can somebody tell me what this tracking page is that you are talking about???

Has anyone else heard anything? No luck still on my end.

I applied through VMCAS and still have not heard anything... Can somebody tell me what this tracking page is that you are talking about???
Definitely check your inbox and/or spam box with the email you used whether it be through their application system or VMCAS. They should have sent an email out titled as "RUSVM Application Information - Save this email!".
They provide you with a link to your personal application checklist that you can keep track of to see what has been processed and received.

Mine is still grey. Has anyone's been processed yet?

Yeah mine is still grey also. I might email them tomorrow to see what the deal is because we got that email like two months ago and it seems like none of our applications are even processed yet

Definitely check your inbox and/or spam box with the email you used whether it be through their application system or VMCAS. They should have sent an email out titled as "RUSVM Application Information - Save this email!".

Should I be concerned if I never got that email? I did get one that said "I am writing to inform you that we have received your Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) application for Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (Ross) for the September 2017 semester. Over the next few weeks, we will be processing your application, and will be in touch once we determine if you qualify to move on to the interview stage" but nothing about a tracking page.

Should I be concerned if I never got that email? I did get one that said "I am writing to inform you that we have received your Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) application for Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (Ross) for the September 2017 semester. Over the next few weeks, we will be processing your application, and will be in touch once we determine if you qualify to move on to the interview stage" but nothing about a tracking page.

You should email them that you haven't received a portal. I haven't either and they said there was a technical problem and they have been trying to fix it over the last few weeks but still no luck. She said that it's a problem on their end, and would not interfere with my application being processed. But as of 2 days ago when I last spoke with Ross, my application still hadn't been processed. No clue why it's taking them so long this year.

Yeah mine is still grey also. I might email them tomorrow to see what the deal is because we got that email like two months ago and it seems like none of our applications are even processed yet
I would definitely like to know what they say! :O

I recently spoke with them (about two days ago) and they told me that they are being processed in the order in which they have been received. However it appears we are all in the same boat!! lol

I did talk to someone at Ross and he said they are being processed in the order that they came in. They are now working on VMCAS applications and it will be another month or two...

I did talk to someone at Ross and he said they are being processed in the order that they came in. They are now working on VMCAS applications and it will be another month or two...
Thanks for that update, kpratt10!

Hey guys, I just spoke to someone at Ross and they said my application was processed and I will be receiving an interview notification in the next two weeks. I most likely won't be accepting an offer due to finances but I wanted to let you all know that you will probably hear back soon!

Hey guys, I just spoke to someone at Ross and they said my application was processed and I will be receiving an interview notification in the next two weeks. I most likely won't be accepting an offer due to finances but I wanted to let you all know that you will probably hear back soon!
Also my tracking page is green now so you can check that to see if you're processed!

Also my tracking page is green now so you can check that to see if you're processed!

Mine only has a couple green spots and mine was submitted around Sept 15. So it's probably being processed in order of submission.

Mine has yet to turn green (submitted my application on Sept. 13th), but I'll definitely update once it does!

Just got an email that mine was processed yall! If yours hasn't, it should be soon.

Update: The checklist is still partially grey though. I'm getting all sorts of confused

Last edited:
I have officially received at email from Ross Admissions that they have received my application and are processing it. I have a few check marks that are now green!

I have officially received at email from Ross Admissions that they have received my application and are processing it. I have a few check marks that are now green!

I got this email too! However all of my stuff is still grey.

I finished my application to veterinary schools at the end of July, and I just got notification of my invitation to interview last Monday! I am sure all of you will hear more as time goes on, they are just starting from the beginning and working their way through!

Does anyone know how many students Ross accepts? Just curious.

Submitted on September 15 and I have about 3 green marks looks like they are starting to get through the bulk of applicants.

I have my phone interview tomorrow, and have no idea how to prepare for it. If anyone that has had their interview already could give some advice, it would be much appreciated! :)

I have my phone interview tomorrow, and have no idea how to prepare for it. If anyone that has had their interview already could give some advice, it would be much appreciated! :)
Congratulations on the interview! When did you submit your application?