Rosalind Franklin BMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To former BMS students, do you recommend buying the course textbooks or not necessary? I was a huge textbook user in undergrad, so for me it's odd to consider not buying them, but a couple of former students have told me not to bother - thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

To former BMS students, do you recommend buying the course textbooks or not necessary? I was a huge textbook user in undergrad, so for me it's odd to consider not buying them, but a couple of former students have told me not to bother - thoughts?
I had the pdfs of the texts, but the only one I ever used was Costanzo Physio. The notes and slides they give you are entirely comprehensive for the exams and understanding, you don't need the texts at all, but in some cases they are helpful for context and a more complete explanation.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I have a question for past BMS students. How did the exams work? I know they are combined exams and for example the first exam is for CMCB and Biochemistry, and it's 3 hours long. Was it all one exam that had content from both subjects or were there 2 separate exams? Also how long was the exam? Was it all multiple choice, essay, a combination? How many questions were on the exams? Just trying to get a feel for the exams and how they are structured, etc. If anyone could provide any insight that would be great! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I have a question for past BMS students. How did the exams work? I know they are combined exams and for example the first exam is for CMCB and Biochemistry, and it's 3 hours long. Was it all one exam that had content from both subjects or were there 2 separate exams? Also how long was the exam? Was it all multiple choice, essay, a combination? How many questions were on the exams? Just trying to get a feel for the exams and how they are structured, etc. If anyone could provide any insight that would be great! Thank you!
The combined exams are one exam, and for example question 1-30 would be biochem, then 31-60 would be CMCB. Number of questions varies based on how much material was covered in that period. All questions are multiple choice, you take them at school on your own computer using examsoft software. Different lecturers write their own questions, and difficulty can vary widely. Exams for TiPs are separate and taken on school computers, and some of the online courses have their own quizzes and exams.

Reactions: 2 users
Cant people cheat if they are using a computer? Like ask a friend or another person to help them out while theyre writing the test.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Cant people cheat if they are using a computer? Like ask a friend or another person to help them out while theyre writing the test.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Examsoft, the software the school uses to administer exams locks down the entire computer from anything but the exam.