Rochester Univeristy AEGD program 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MARMELSTEIN

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I created this topic to share any information about Rochester AEGD program 2018-2019 application.

Good luck for all of us!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. If you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai lama

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I do not have much experience post graduation as I moved to the US right after I graduated. Is it worth applying to the program ?

Hi fwasti. I heard nothing but good things about the program. I did apply :) , so in my opinion, worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

When do you think EIOH starts to send out Interview invitations to applicants?

Hi Junnio! I think they start to send invitations in september until late october. Good luck!

Hi Marmeltein,

Thank you for that information. Good luck to you too!!

I like the Dalai Lama's quote to added to your first post.

Best,
J

does anyone of you know the criteria that Rochester uses to select the candidates for interview? I have a long gap of 6 years in my career. So I am a bit worried thinking that would they consider me or not.

hi Dr's I just received my interview appointment yesterday for AEGD it's on SEPTEMBER 19.
does anyone what is the interview based on??

Reactions: 1 user
I applied and I did not receive the invation yet, but I have a friend that received yesterday and will be 28 september.I would like to know what they ask just to drive us a little bit.

I applied and I did not receive the invation yet, but I have a friend that received yesterday and will be 28 september.I would like to know what they ask just to drive us a little bit.
i think we have to speak more about our goal because they won't ask about our background knowledge all they wants to know if we have the ability to think critically and we have demonstrated independence and self-direction. In all respects, we must give every promise of becoming successful students and practitioners of the highest ethical standards.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone of you know the criteria that Rochester uses to select the candidates for interview? I have a long gap of 6 years in my career. So I am a bit worried thinking that would they consider me or not.
Hi, a heard that they call almost everyone for the interview. Good luck!

hi Dr's I just received my interview appointment yesterday for AEGD it's on SEPTEMBER 19.
Good to know that they are already sending invitations! Good luck!

I did not receive either. :( . I think is a regular interview as any other. Fingers crossed!

Hi
Congratulations for interview invite are you foreign trained dentist or US dentist

Hi congratulations on your invite!
Are you foreign trained dentist or US dentist?

Congratulation on your invitation and good luck for the others. Most likely everyone gets equal chance so they will send some more invites. Btw, I have received the interview invitation for 26th sep.

Did you guys take adat before apply to Aegd ?

Did you guys take adat before apply to Aegd ?
I didn't... Very few AEGD programs which accept foreign trained dentist, ask for ADAT. But, it is always good to have ADAT score.

Just a quick question guys,
Do you recommend AEGD over Advanced Standing?
Is the salary the same after graduation for both?
The whole AEGD thing sounds a bit sketchy to me even though Rochester has a good reputation

I think AEGD is even better than standing because it is a post graduation but is hardest to get in..I dont think there is difference of salary after graduation.

Anyone knows the universities that accept FTD for Aegd program besides Rochester, Connecticut, Texas San Antonio , Maryland and Nova?

Hello everyone,, i got an interview too for september 26.
for all who got a call, after confirming that you will be attending the interview, do you get another e mail back?
thanks

for all who got a call, after confirming that you will be attending the interview, do you get another e mail back?
thanks

I haven't got any

thanks
Yes, I have received another short email that "You will also interview with our General Dentistry Sr. Administrator".

Hi guys I got my interview 17th october so just cross the fingers more invites will arrive this week ....good luck for us

Hi guys I got my interview 17th october so just cross the fingers more invites will arrive this week ....good luck for us
I have the same date! Members please share your experiences

Best of luck to all of us! Please share your experience! Be united!

Any idea about what is the selection criteria? how many seats? 13?

lstepanyan where are from? I will meet you on 17th october.I am from Brasil but now I live in Montreal Canada and I am licensed here since 2011.

lstepanyan where are from? I will meet you on 17th october.I am from Brasil but now I live in Montreal Canada and I am licensed here since 2011.

Last edited:
Eu também sou do Brasil, moro aqui ainda! :) I received my invitation for November 2nd.
This is what I know:
- Around 10-12 spots
- A lot of invitations (almost everyone)
- Interview one-0-one
Good luck to all!

Anyone knows the universities that accept FTD for Aegd program besides Rochester, Connecticut, Texas San Antonio , Maryland and Nova?
Many programs accept FTD but only for permanent residents or citizens.

Oi marmelstein good to hear that you are going to the interview too.Until now there are 4 brazilians ...good luck for us.I would like to ask you when did you apply for Rochester?because you receive in 2 november so did you apply in the last week?

I got an Interview Invitation for oct.17th Good luck everyone!

My interview is Oct 17th as well!
Do they really send interviews to everyone??

That's weird. I thought AEGD at Rochester is super competitive.
Unless they're giving everyone equal chances to prove themselves during the interview, which I find very considerate and thoughtful of them.

Oi marmelstein good to hear that you are going to the interview too.Until now there are 4 brazilians ...good luck for us.I would like to ask you when did you apply for Rochester?because you receive in 2 november so did you apply in the last week?
I had applied in May, I think they schedule my interview is so late because I am in Brazil. 4 Brazilians appling? Really? Let's hope every body is accepted!

That's weird. I thought AEGD at Rochester is super competitive.
Unless they're giving everyone equal chances to prove themselves during the interview, which I find very considerate and thoughtful of them.
Rochester is super competitive.

Procurei em varios locais por AEGD. Em San Antonio também tem, mas vc tem que fazer um preceptor de 6 meses e é o mesmo valor do Advanced Standing. Apliquei pro Advanced Standing de lá tb. NSU tem, mas tem o problema do visto, lá eu acho que se vc tiver o J-1 já dá. Vc trabalha no Canadá como dentista?

Can someone please share their interview experience here?That would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

when is the first batch being interviewed? 26th sept?