This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bernas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First of all I'd like to say that this forum is really helpful for ftd's... Thanks everyone for sharing experiences and information.

I want to get X Ray License and I will take my RHS exam.
I need study materials for RHS exam. Does anyone have? Could I find from a library? Or should I buy some books, flashcards or what do you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

I took online course from dale foundation. It was really helpful. I passed my RHS exam with that. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I took online course from dale foundation. It was really helpful. I passed my RHS exam with that. Hope this helps.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you. I saw that course on the website. I couldn't decide that is it worth it? Which one did you take? There is two courses: one is about conventional radiography and the other one is 12 hours

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I saw that course on the website. I couldn't decide that is it worth it? Which one did you take? There is two courses: one is about conventional radiography and the other one is 12 hours
Which state are you planning to take RHS exam for?

I am very happy passing my Radiation Health and Safety Exam (RHS).
In order to get an NJ X-Ray license and work as a dental assistant in NJ, I had to pass this exam.
I did not have to pay any course.
I'd be happy to help friends who have any questions about this exam and X ray license procedures. Because friends helped me a lot in this forum.

Thank you.

In order to get an NJ X-Ray license and work as a dental assistant in NJ, I had to pass this exam.
I'd be happy to help friends who have any questions about this exam and X ray license procedures. Because friends helped me a lot in this forum.

Thank you.

Could you please help me? I am taking my RHS in 2 days. What materials helped you the most? I found the Quizlet flashcard links you posted and did those. I tried to gain access to the textbook/interactive quiz everyone was talking about on elsevier, but I can't seem to access it. I am considering purchasing the Dale Foundation's Practice Quiz.

Could you please help me? I am taking my RHS in 2 days. What materials helped you the most? I found the Quizlet flashcard links you posted and did those. I tried to gain access to the textbook/interactive quiz everyone was talking about on elsevier, but I can't seem to access it. I am considering purchasing the Dale Foundation's Practice Quiz.
Sorry for late reply. How did you do? I registered to evolve.elsevier.com. And downloaded all free dental asistant books in that website. I also purchased dale foundation's practice quiz. You can ask any things. Wish you luck!

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you.

Hello Bernas,

Thank you so much for putting your statement out .. i was wondering if you could help me out with the RHS exam..
I got a few questions like what materials should I study for it from?
Is it like a multiple choice question and answer kind of exam?

Hi docvan,
Yes it is a multiple choice exam. No I won't take ICE exam.
I studied from evolve.elsevier.com. I opened an account on that website. Than I downloaded all free dental assistant books from there. These downloads include many questions and radiographic error examples. The resources that DANB recommends are very similar to those on evolve.
I'll be very happy if I can help you. You can ask anything. I also bought DANB quizzes but they were not different from the books. Only questions that I learned from the DANB quizzes were about the committees of disinfection and chemicals...
Also I listened some you tube lessons. You can listen the 5 lessons of the same guys.. They were very useful:

Thank you.
Hi, i am planning to take xray licence. can you plz post me the link
Hi everyone,
First of all I'd like to say that this forum is really helpful for ftd's... Thanks everyone for sharing experiences and information.

I want to get X Ray License and I will take my RHS exam.
I need study materials for RHS exam. Does anyone have? Could I find from a library? Or should I buy some books, flashcards or what do you recommend?

Hi, i am planning to take xray licence exam. can you plz send me the link for quizz flash card. Do u suggest me to purchase any materials. If you have plz do share. Thanks in advance.

Hi, i am planning to take xray licence exam. can you plz send me the link for quizz flash card. Do u suggest me to purchase any materials. If you have plz do share. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am new to this group, I also want to appear for RHS exam , any body have an idea that if we can give RHS exam without any radiology courses as I am a foreign trained dentist. please guide. how to get radiology licence in NJ state.

hi! I have the same situation as you, so have you applied for the RHS exam yet?

Hi, I really don't recommend to pay anymore for materials. I studied from evolve.elsevier website. Please don't hesitate to ask me.

Hi, I am new to this group, I also want to appear for RHS exam , any body have an idea that if we can give RHS exam without any radiology courses as I am a foreign trained dentist. please guide. how to get radiology licence in NJ state.

Yes I am a foreign trained dentist as well. I passed RHS exam studying for 2 weeks, maximum 4 hours a day. I watched some YouTube videos (I believe they were the radiology course videos from Virginia). And also I registered to evolve.elsevier website and downloaded all free items about dental assisting and radiology. Workbooks and quizzes were very helpful in this website. Good luck! Please don't hesitate to ask anything about the exam..

Hi everyone, @Moonwillow, @Aasg, @leela
First of all don't worry. RHS exam is not a terrible exam for a dentist. I am a ftd I really regret to be worry about it. I believe that all of you can achieve.
In a nutshell I studied these items:
1. E-book "DentalRadiographyPrinciples and Techniques fourth edition"
2. You tube videos that I attached below.
3. Free dental assisting books from evolve.elsevier website
I studied from evolve.elsevier.com. I opened an account on that website. Than I downloaded all free dental assistant books from there. These downloads include many questions and radiographic error examples. The resources that DANB recommends are very similar to those on evolve.
I'll be very happy if I can help you. You can ask anything. I also bought DANB quizzes but they were not different from the books. Only questions that I learned from the DANB quizzes were about the committees of disinfection and chemicals...
Also I listened some you tube lessons. You can listen the 5 lessons of the same guys.. They were very useful:
[/QUOTE]

Wish you luck!

Although I passed RHS exam I couldn't get my X Ray license from NJ, because I moved out of state...

However here is the useful link for you:
NJDEP-Bureau of X-Ray Compliance

Also I definitely recommend you to call NJ Bureau of X Ray Compliance. They are so helpful. The phone number is: 6099845890.
First step is to have your ECE or Wes report. If your credentials haven't been evaluated yet, start from there.

Once you sent all of the required documents with a $60 application fee, the X ray Bureau evaluates and approves your x ray certificate.

I sent all documents but they wanted another form from my university showing my clinical practice works. At that time, I moved out of state so I had to cancel the application process.

Wish you best!

has anyone passed the RHS exam using only the quizlets online?

Sorry for late reply. How did you do? I registered to evolve.elsevier.com. And downloaded all free dental asistant books in that website. I also purchased dale foundation's practice quiz. You can ask any things. Wish you luck!
Im taking the dental radiology exam in a couple of hours, and ive been looking at videos and studying over quizlets & also a study guide that my instructor gave me. Is there anything specific that I should really focus on? Im so nervous about it!!

Im taking the dental radiology exam in a couple of hours, and ive been looking at videos and studying over quizlets & also a study guide that my instructor gave me. Is there anything specific that I should really focus on? Im so nervous about it!!
how was your exam? I am so sorry that I could not log in for a while. I am studying for part 1

Hello, I would like to take the RHS exam some time this fall. I was wondering how far in advance I should apply to for the exam and how long did you take to study for it? I have one semester left as a full time student, so I would like to make sure I have enough time to study.

Thank you.

Hello, I would like to take the RHS exam some time this fall. I was wondering how far in advance I should apply to for the exam and how long did you take to study for it? I have one semester left as a full time student, so I would like to make sure I have enough time to study.

Thank you.

Hello @nooek8! So it is a good question it has been a while that I took the exam. As far as I remember, it didn't take me more than 1 month. But I also spent time to find the right resources and questions. So if you have all resources and you already remember many things about radiology you can prepare in 1-2 weeks! It is not difficult!! Wish you best! I am sure you'll get it!