Retake MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDwayneJohnson

Maester of the Citadel in training
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
*bump*

Also: if I retake it then it'll be June 1. The plan is/was to study ~12 hours per day until test day. In theory, it's possible to balance that with filling out my application. Not sure how feasible it is in practice

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*bump*

Also: if I retake it then it'll be June 1. The plan is/was to study ~12 hours per day until test day. In theory, it's possible to balance that with filling out my application. Not sure how feasible it is in practice

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It depends. Have you been studying this whole time since you've gotten your 509? Because starting right now to study and taking it June 1st seems a bit rushed...the worst thing would be retaking too fast and getting the same score or lower. I personally have seen people with a 124 section be interviewed at MD and DO (myself included), and I think you could have success this cycle with your strong GPA and 509. I wouldn't retake so quick, and only retake if you can score 515+ for it to make an impact.

Also, have you spoken to any other schools besides Creighton? I think if you apply DO as well you will get interviews.

And no, your background is not URM. It could obviously help you craft a narrative about yourself, but URM is reserved for underrepresented minorities in medicine.

Edit: Your three interviews leading to 2 WL and 1 outright rejection tells me it's your interviewing that needs work, not your MCAT.

The fact that you got three interviews means people are fine with your score. If you are serious about really improving your app, wait until next cycle to apply, work on your interview skills, and spend a good amount of time studying for a retake. But again, I think if you re-apply and add DO you could be just fine if you do some interview prep.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user