Retail pharmacists, can you list the following: city, # scripts/day, % of scripts from NPs/PAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstaidforever

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My relatives in pharmacy mention their experience being:

Seattle, ~120 scripts/per day, ~50% from PAs/NPs

What are your experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would anyone pay attention to percentage of prescriptions from midlevels?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

When someone present a new rx to that was written by a NP, I literally crumble it into a ball, throw it at their face, and yell, "Come back when you see a REAL doctor, you friggin' loser!"

Reactions: 5 users
A lot of crazy stuff that got removed.

Instead of volume-based metrics, ghetto-based metrics like gross sales per Rx ($40 or below = probably ghetto, $60 or above = probably tony), % Rx billed to Medicaid (15% or below is tolerable, 50% or more less so) or how many % of Rx come from a FQHC or other providers who predominantly serve low-income patients (95% or more really sucks, 20% or less is tolerable) will give a better idea of how crap your chain pharmacy is.

Other related metrics like # of armed security in your store (anything over 0 => ghetto) or % time smell of weed permeates the parking lot (>10% => ghetto) or # insulin syringes sold without Rx per day (1000 or more a day => ghetto). Another one would be how many languages are spoken by your customers who don't speak a lick of English (more than 2 => ghetto)

Work a day in these places and you will be an ardent proponent of mandatory Depo-Provera for all
What are you talking about? And why are you doing it in this thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Demographics are destiny and local prescribing tendencies drive the day-to-day experience obviously. Much bigger factor than volume per se, like when people are somehow surprised I had 260-280 tech hours for 2500 sold Rx/wk at CVS back in 2015

Demographics are destiny and local prescribing tendencies drive the day-to-day experience obviously. Much bigger factor than volume per se, like when people are somehow surprised I had 260-280 tech hours for 2500 sold Rx/wk at CVS back in 2015
Who was talking about "destiny" or "the day-to-day experience"?

I get paid to do these surveys, you don't get this info for free from me, friend :)

Reactions: 2 users
I need acid to understand this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
I am more interested in why Seattle has so many RX written by PA/NP.. Seems a bit high.. Can you ask your relatives for me.

A lot of scripts written by PAs/NPs actually show up under their physician name.

A lot of scripts written by PAs/NPs actually show up under their physician name.
For the record: this isn't the correct way of doing things.

Neither is a prescription with the doctor field populated by " NP first name / MD first name , NP last name / MD last name"