Resources for Qualifying Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GonnaBeADoc2222

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get feedback from yall as to what study resources you use for the ABEM Qualifying Exam. I'm very much a question driven person, but would like to supplement with a review book. For questions, was thinking of mostly using Rosh Review (this has worked out well for in-service exam) and PEER. I've been eyeing First Aid for the EM Boards, but wanted to get some feedback on it before I unload 70 bucks for it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used first aid for the EM boards and it was a great framework to attach content to throughout residency and fellowship. I imagine you could do the same thing during your rosh review journey.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Big fan of the NEMBR online version of the course. One video a week throughout the year lets you study all the material in a very easy fashion. Then one video a day in the month leading up to the exam lets you re-do the course over again. Plus, they send you a question book with 1200 questions that's quite good.

I'm very much a question driven person, but would like to supplement with a review book. For questions, was thinking of mostly using Rosh Review (this has worked out well for in-service exam) and PEER. I've been eyeing First Aid for the EM Boards, but wanted to get some feedback on it before I unload 70 bucks for it. Thanks!

I used PEER (VIII) and Rosh. Absolutely great prep in and of themselves.