Residency swap for PGY2 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepChugginAlong

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Matched yesterday to an advanced Rads position. Changes in "life situations" recently would make it difficult to go to my matched position (even though it is a more highly rated (whatever that's worth)). Is it possible to use a service like Resident Swap in order to swap PGY2 years (R1 year that begins next July)?

Members don't see this ad.

Matched yesterday to an advanced Rads position. Changes in "life situations" recently would make it difficult to go to my matched position (even though it is a more highly rated (whatever that's worth)). Is it possible to use a service like Resident Swap in order to swap PGY2 years (R1 year that begins next July)?

Which state did you matched into? And is that a University program?

I am currently in a transitional year with a PGY2 spot for PMR starting 7/18. Looking to switch into rads. Let me know if this Would interest you