Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Soooooo apparently Kennedy is not sending out rejection letters this year and if you haven't heard back from them yet well "there's your sign"
How did you find this out? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Soooooo apparently Kennedy is not sending out rejection letters this year and if you haven't heard back from them yet well "there's your sign"
According to ASHP, they are required to send out rejections to anyone who submits a completed application.

"residency programs that conduct on-site or telephone interviews must make a reasonable effort to notify every applicant who submits a complete set of application materials as to his/her interview status."
https://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/aboutrules.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you find this out? Thanks.
From a "friend of a friend" (very reliable source) who may or may not work for Kennedy.
Put two and two together...This is merely what I was told and could be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to ASHP, they are required to send out rejections to anyone who submits a completed application.

"residency programs that conduct on-site or telephone interviews must make a reasonable effort to notify every applicant who submits a complete set of application materials as to his/her interview status."
https://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/aboutrules.html
I don't know from the verbiage in the rules it doesn't sound like they're "required" to do anything, but instead "try their best" to notify everyone who applied to programs. Again, I could be wrong and this is just what I was told.

Has anyone had a patient case on an interview where you were just like, I HAVE NO CLUE? What do you do? I just interviewed at a site in GA and this happened to me... :smack:

//edit I hope it's okay to post in here. I figure this thread is more of just "interview season 2017" conversations, and nothing else in this forum is as active.

I don't know from the verbiage in the rules it doesn't sound like they're "required" to do anything, but instead "try their best" to notify everyone who applied to programs. Again, I could be wrong and this is just what I was told.

Actually, if you read the link, it says there is a defined notification date that programs have to contact all applicants by. But side note it says the date is listed on the "ASHP Residency Listing" page, and I couldn't find it. Anyone else have better luck?

Actually, if you read the link, it says there is a defined notification date that programs have to contact all applicants by. But side note it says the date is listed on the "ASHP Residency Listing" page, and I couldn't find it. Anyone else have better luck?
Back to the waiting game I guess lol

That's fair. If an applicant did not supply correct contact information, I don't think they would be violating match rules by not contacting that applicant. If they have correct contact information and access to a phone or the internet, their best effort would require them to inform applicants.

Has anyone heard back from UNC Pharmacotherapy... Also... I'm 2/10 right now, heard of anyone with that bad of a ratio? This has been a rough past month for me.
So I was like you and I literally just recieved 3 invites. So just hang in there

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from UCLA? Should I assume that I am rejected at this point?

I'm waiting too. I just got an invite from a CA program so there is still hope!!

Which California program, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting on 5 CA programs. I guess we're on our own time schedule lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in Biloxi?

Any one have any acceptances/rejections for PGY-2 Critical Care programs?

Has anyone had a patient case on an interview where you were just like, I HAVE NO CLUE? What do you do? I just interviewed at a site in GA and this happened to me... :smack:

//edit I hope it's okay to post in here. I figure this thread is more of just "interview season 2017" conversations, and nothing else in this forum is as active.

From what residents and preceptors have told me, they do not expect you to know everything (that's why you're doing a residency - to learn :)). If you aren't sure of something, EXPLAIN YOUR THINKING: they're looking to assess your problem solving abilities more than anything. Importantly, I would recommend indicating where you would find the exact answer for something you don't know (eg if you were unsure of an ID situation, you could mention that you were not certain, but would be able to search the IDSA to see if there are guidelines).

tl;dr I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't know something, but it's probably not great to just say "I don't know" :shrug:

VA Ann Arbor finally sent rejections, they chose a very small group to interview

Anyone hear from Alameda Highland or Kaiser East Bay? Still haven't heard anything :( at this point I'm guessing it's a rejection

Has anyone heard back from Pennsylvania Presbyterian Hospital?

Nope. Still waiting on Penn Presby, NY methodist and atlanticare. Im hoping its good news for both of us haha
Ugh the suspense is killing me haha. I appreciate that though, I'm sending some good luck your way too :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the open positions after Phase 1 match results are released without actually being registered for the match yet??

Has anyone heard from Providence Little Company of Mary in Torrence, CA?

Any insight on when sending an email would be appropriate?
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a contact at a different hospital that knows someone within Presby's pharmacy department and apparently they already have a list of first round applications for interviews. Now this doesn't necessarily mean if you haven't heard from them its a "no" it just means we/you/me might be in the next round? I'm just trying to stay hopeful lol.

Does anyone know if it is possible to see the open positions after Phase 1 match results are released without actually being registered for the match yet??
Why aren't you registered for the match? You can still register for phase I until March 2nd.

Has anyone at all heard from Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee) for their combined informatics PGY-1 & PGY-2 program?

Did anyone end up getting official rejection letters from WPB or Miami VA? the suspense is killingggg me

Did anyone end up getting official rejection letters from WPB or Miami VA? the suspense is killingggg me

I'm still "waiting" for UMiami hospital for an official rejection. I'm starting to think I'm not getting one.

Why aren't you registered for the match? You can still register for phase I until March 2nd.
Hi Abby! I was unfortunately unable to submit apps and missed all the deadlines for Phase I interviews so I figured there was no point in registering unless there are programs available in Phase II that meet my interest