Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about Jackson Hospital and clinic residency in Alabama?
I did an APPE rotation there and am interviewing with them tomorrow. They aren't yet accredited, but apparently have "pre-accreditation" status. I love the working environment and the staff!

Members don't see this ad.

I did an APPE rotation there and am interviewing with them tomorrow. They aren't yet accredited, but apparently have "pre-accreditation" status. I love the working environment and the staff!
Would you be willing to answer some of my questions about them #prettyplease

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to nicely decline an interview invite that I had previously accepted as I knew I wouldn't want to move there. I had accepted it because it was one of the first invites I received. The program didn't bother to acknowledge receipt of my email. I guess they were not pleased.
Bad move...I was told to never, EVER, EVEEER do that!! Pharmacy is a small world

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear from the following PGY-2 ID programs:
USC
Utah
University of Arizona
Houston Methodist
University of Michigan
I got a rejection from Utah, a phone interview for arizona but haven't heard about on-site, and interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Oh really! That's great......can you please answer questions for me please? And good luck tomorrow!

Has anyone heard anything from presbyterian/st lukes in denver?

Bad move...I was told to never, EVER, EVEEER do that!! Pharmacy is a small world

I do not think canceling an already accepted interview invitation is a bad move on its own. I believe that the way and manner in which you go about it is what makes the difference. Respectfully canceling (well in advance) while giving cogent and valid reasons why you have to unavoidably cancel may not be as bad as you think. It definitely is better than a no show. That's just my opinion though.

Anyone hear from Parkland after phone interviews?

Has anyone heard from the following PGY-1 amb care programs? Do you know they send rejections or if they may be doing rolling invites?

Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
Charles George (Asheville) VA Medical Canter

Has anyone heard from Memorial Hospital UCH in Colorado Springs? It's the last program I'm waiting to hear from. Not having the best outcome/luck so far .

I have not heard from Memorial CO springs either ... I guess that might mean we are rejected :(

Members don't see this ad :)

Honestly, it's probably better than interviewing with no intention of ranking. If you tell them early enough you aren't taking an interview spot from someone more interested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone heard from the following PGY-1 amb care programs? Do you know they send rejections or if they may be doing rolling invites?

Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
Charles George (Asheville) VA Medical Center

Asheville VA sent out email 1/20 hopefully they are doing rolling invites

Has anyone heard from Ohio State University for PGY2 in Emergency Medicine?

Anyone hear from Thomas Jefferson? Have they sent rejections out yet?
In Philly? Yeah they already sent out interviews and rejections a couple weeks ago. Sorry, I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple programs too and the silence is killing me.

I know Hanhemann has rolling interviews, but has anyone heard back from:
Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia
Pennsylvania Hospital
Kennedy Hospital, New Jersey

Has anyone heard from any of these PGY1 programs:

Martinsburg VA
Richmond VA (Psych)
University at Buffalo - Buffalo Psychiatric Center

Never mind, Pennsylvania Hospital rejection a couple minutes ago...:(

PGY-1 interviews.

Still no emails/calls from U of M or VA Ann Arbor... I know I saw some invites/rejections for U of M but what is everyone doing when they don't hear? Should I contact the program or just assume they are rejections?
Same here.. not sure I think I'm just going to assume it's a rejection from both :\

Royal Oak - rejection.
Nothing from Henry Ford or St. John

In the email that I received from St. John, she said she would be contacting all applicants. Just trying to be patient

Has anyone heard from these places? I turned in all of my applications one 12/30 so they have now had them for a month. I feel like at this point it's a rejection, but it would sure be nice to know for sure!

Parkland Hospital (Dallas, TX)
UT Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
University Hospitals (San Antonio, TX)
Houston Methodist - I had a phone interview, but haven't heard any follow-up since

I've heard from Memorial Hermann (TMC and health system), WakeMed Hospital, Hennepin County, Baylor University Hospital, Plano Presbyterian, CHRITUS Trinity Mother Frances, Methodist San Antonio, and Seton if that helps anyone else!

Mind if I ask how your GPA is? Mines poop and I'm wondering if they just had a gpa cutoff to filter out apps without even looking
I had a 3.1 at the end of the Fall semester. I hope it didn't take them this long to filter out GPAs and send out rejections if that's the case lol...:banana:

I had a 3.1 at the end of the Fall semester. I hope it didn't take them this long to filter out GPAs and send out rejections if that's the case lol...:banana:

3.0 over here- I got a hunch they mightve procrastinated and had to use the gpa filter. Anything from penn presby today?

Anyone hear from
Glendale Adventist
Providence Tarzana
Providence Burbank
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Kaiser - Panorama City

All are SoCal programs

Has anyone heard from these places? I turned in all of my applications one 12/30 so they have now had them for a month. I feel like at this point it's a rejection, but it would sure be nice to know for sure!

Parkland Hospital (Dallas, TX)
UT Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
University Hospitals (San Antonio, TX)
Houston Methodist - I had a phone interview, but haven't heard any follow-up since

I've heard from Memorial Hermann (TMC and health system), WakeMed Hospital, Hennepin County, Baylor University Hospital, Plano Presbyterian, CHRITUS Trinity Mother Frances, Methodist San Antonio, and Seton if that helps anyone else!
I heard from Parkland a couple weeks back about a phone interview and heard last night about on-site interviews. Hope that helps! I haven't heard a peep from Methodist Dallas or VA N Texas so I'm assuming both of those are rejections. :(

Has anyone heard from Kaiser NW after their phone interview?

Never mind. Just got rejection too

3.0 over here- I got a hunch they mightve procrastinated and had to use the gpa filter. Anything from penn presby today?
Not yet. How about you? I've been patiently waiting to hear back from them lol

I heard from Parkland a couple weeks back about a phone interview and heard last night about on-site interviews. Hope that helps! I haven't heard a peep from Methodist Dallas or VA N Texas so I'm assuming both of those are rejections. :(

I'm still waiting on VA North TX too... as each day goes by, I feel the same way :/