Research participants needed with possibility of pay!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veracious5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow graduate trainee!

My name is Jamila Ray and I’m a clinical psychology doctoral student at Suffolk University. I am emailing you to ask your assistance in participating in my dissertation study on a unique model of self-care and a self-care app.

Students are eligible to participate in Part I if they are (a) currently enrolled in an APA-accredited clinical or counseling psychology program in the United States, and (b) have completed or are completing their practicum/clinical placements (at least one year).

Participation in the study is limited to the first 230 eligible people who sign up. Participants will complete online surveys lasting for 20-30 minutes. Participants who complete Part I will be entered into a raffle to receive one of two $25 Amazon gift card as compensation for their time and effort required to complete the questionnaires. Participation in Part I is voluntary and your decision to participate or not will be kept private.

For a limited number of participants (30 total), you will have the unique opportunity of interacting and using a researcher created smartphone self-care app in Part II. The app will include individualized self-care strategies that can potentially augment your success and well-being while going through doctoral training.
Agreeing to complete Part I of the study does not mean that you have to complete Part II. If you agree to participate in Part I of the study, we will ask your permission to contact you to see if you are interested in completing Part II.

In order to participate in Part II, participants must (a) own an Android smartphone, (b) be willing to download the free app to their phone and use for a period of three weeks and (c) be willing to meet with a Research Assistant (RA) for about 10-15 minutes via Skype/Google Hangout for an introduction to the app.
Participants will be asked to use the mobile app five times a week for a period of three weeks and complete a battery of questionnaires. Participants who complete Part II will receive a $20 Amazon gift card as compensation for the time and effort required to complete the questionnaires and use the mobile phone app. Participation in Part II is voluntary and your decision to participate or not will be kept private.

Please click the link below and see the attached recruitment flyer if you are interested in learning more about the study and beginning your participation. Alternatively, you can contact Jamila Ray ([email protected]) or her faculty advisor Dr. Wells ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

https://suffolk.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4HhzTdtLpd6cXOJ

Thank you very much,
Jamila Ray, M.A.Suffolk University

This study has IRB approval through Suffolk University and is under the advisement of Dr. Yvonne Wells. Please feel free to contact me or Dr. Wells with any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Approval Ltr Expedited VESTS(1).docx
    66.9 KB · Views: 64