Required 30 min lunch break WAG rph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxboy1996

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting May 1, our WAG store is requiring a pharmacist lunch break for 1:30-2. RPh are not allowed to do anything during this break but be called back to check CAPS. Techs are allowed to sell RX's and intake but have to write down in a log of every rx sold during that 30 minutes. Any patient that has a question, we have to call them back after the break. We will get phLEX help during the 3o minutes for typing and reviewing.

Anybody else store been selected for this???

Members don't see this ad.

I'm shocked.

I wonder whose settlement specified this. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that the department is closed. Gates down and we'll be back in 30 minutes. I suppose it varies by state

I don't like the idea of there not being an RPH back there while $9/hr techs are selling scripts and doing god knows what else. Shut the whole pharmacy down or do nothing at all. Also are you getting paid for that 30 minutes?

I don't like the idea of there not being an RPH back there while $9/hr techs are selling scripts and doing god knows what else. Shut the whole pharmacy down or do nothing at all. Also are you getting paid for that 30 minutes?
"doing god knows what else"

Well, if the god you pray to doesn't know what's going on in a pharmacy when the pharmacist is absent, you should direct xe/xer to read the law concerning that situation in the state they are Deity In Charge of.

My store is doing this also. It's a pilot that will last 90 days. We currently take a 30 min break at 1130am and eve RPh at 730pm and pharmacy keeps running. We don't leave the store, though state law allows us to leave the premises for up to 90 min without closing. With the pilot, our store will continue as-is Mon-Friday and close (doors closed, everyone out) from 1:30-2pm on weekend where one pharmacist is working 9am-9pm. Yes we are still being paid, not staying an extra 30 min.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My store is doing this also. It's a pilot that will last 90 days. We currently take a 30 min break at 1130am and eve RPh at 730pm and pharmacy keeps running. We don't leave the store, though state law allows us to leave the premises for up to 90 min without closing. With the pilot, our store will continue as-is Mon-Friday and close (doors closed, everyone out) from 1:30-2pm on weekend where one pharmacist is working 9am-9pm. Yes we are still being paid, not staying an extra 30 min.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I suppose you don't work in a mandatory counsel state where you have to scan your barcode for every "new" and "copy" rx sold.

I suppose you don't work in a mandatory counsel state where you have to scan your barcode for every "new" and "copy" rx sold.

Texas has provisions for an absent pharmacist. Yes, despite what Wal-Mart says, you can leave the building legally.

Reactions: 1 user