Reccomended Booklist for Radiology Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugababe81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some of the books people use for their residency? Any specific books reccomended before starting as an R1, any review books especially good for the boards, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

What are some of the books people use for their residency? Any specific books reccomended before starting as an R1, any review books especially good for the boards, etc?

I don't recommend anything before R1. If you feel like you must read something read Felsons programmed text on CXR.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT waste your time reading below UNTIL you are an R1 because:
1) most of it won't stick!
2) You should enjoy your life, you'll be much busier than you think as a radiology resident
3) If you buy it now, a new edition might come out when you REALLY need it.
4) Don't spend money on books now! If you are moving somewhere new for internship you are gonna have huge expenses before you even get your first paycheck. You'll need every penny. (After putting down a deposit and 1st months rent, I lived on microwave popcorn and protein shakes until my first paycheck came in!)

For ACTUAL R1s:
When you start R1, focus on anatomy. If you don't know the anatomy, you'll look really silly - really fast. For that, Fleckensteins cross sectional anatomy + your anatomy atlas from medschool is great.

For your first Body CT rotation Fundamentals of Body CT by WEBB is a winner (the content is similar to B+H but it is not organized in the same way). For bone pit Fundamentals of MSK by Helms (this is the same as the MSK chapter from B + H with a little bonus material, but its much easier to carry around).

The new edition of Brandt and Helms (B+H) is much better written than the last, but it is huge and not fun to carry around. I would look at someone else's copy before plunking down 200 bucks.

For Board review talk to your upper levels. You can cross that bridge when you get there. Most people take physics as an R3, writtens + orals as an R4.
Studying for boards and studying for real-world radiology is NOT the same thing. So don't waste your time studying for boards until its the right time.

Good luck!
Reimbursement cuts and turf wars be dam|Ved-- radiology is still the best gig out there!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have any tips for a MRI tech book for ridiculously non-mathematical md's? I'm doing some research work and i would love some more (f)MRI knowledge

I got this list from a program somewhere on the east coast. Not sure how good it is?

· Gastrointestinal Radiology

1. Practical Alimentary Radiology by Margulis.

1. Text by Dunnick

· Chest Radiology

1. Text by Webb

2. High Resolution Chest CT, by Nadich & Miller

· Interventional Radiology

1. Handbook by Kandrapa & Aruny

2. Text by Karim Valji

· Body CT & MR

1. Text by Lee and Segal

2. Body MR by Leyendecker

· Musculoskeletal

1. Baby Text by Resnick

2. Teaching File by Chew

· Ultrasound

1. Text by Rumack

· Neuroradiology

1. Text by Anne Osborne

· Breast Imaging

1. Text by Kopans

· Pediatric Radiology

1. Text by Kirks

· Nuclear Medicine

1. Text by Mettler

2. Teaching File by Habibian

3. Review Books

· Dahnert

· MGH Primer

B&H is a good book for R1s

GI
Requisites is OK, but I'm still looking for a more comprehensive book
Neuro
Requisites is a decent book. New edition is coming out that promises to be smaller and better
MSK
Kaplan-Helms. Stoller for anatomy
Chest
Thoracic imaging by webb and higgins - seems ok
Mammo - requisites
Nuc - requisites

Case Review series is good for cases (obviously)
The Imaging Anatomy set by Amirsys is incredible, but very very very expensive. Their Diagnostic Imaging series is awesome too, but also very very very expensive.

Ok, so now that the Oral boards are over and I passed, I can take some time to give some advice on books.

Now, as a first year, it's a good idea to get through Brant and Helms Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology.

However, that is obviously not enough. I have broken down what I thought was helpful for each subspecialty. I recommend the Case Review Series for each subspecialty except for the Pediatrics section:

Chest:
Radiologic Diagnosis of Diseases of the Chest, Chester Muller

MSK:
Musculoskeletal MRI by Phoebe Kaplan
Bone and Joint Imaging by Resnick
Musculoskeletal Imaging: A Teaching File by Felix Chew
Arthritis: in Black and White by Anne C. Brower

GU:
Textbook of Uroradiology by N. Reed Dunnick
Requisites does not compare

GI:
Fundamentals of Fluoroscopy (Fundamentals of Radiology) by Jeffrey D. Houston (You need this for 1st year)
Gastrointestinal Radiology: A Pattern Approach by Ronald L Eisenberg
Mayo Clinic Gastrointestinal Radiology Review
Double Contrast Gastrointestinal Radiology by Igor Laufer
Body MRI by Evan Siegelman

Cardiac:
Cardiac Imaging: The Requisites by Stephen Miller

Neuro:
Diagnostic Neuroradiology by Ann Osborn
You can learn head and neck from selected reading in Head and Neck Imaging (2 Vol set ) by Peter M. Som

Mammo:
The Requisites

IR:
The Requisites
Interventional Radiology Essentials by Jeanne M LaBerge
Handbook of Interventional Radiologic Procedures by Krishna Kandarpa
Atlas of Vascular Anatomy: An Angiographic Approach by Renan Uflacker

Ultrasound:
The Requisites

Nuclear Medicine:
The Requisites
Teaching Atlas of Nuclear Medicine: Teaching Atlas Series by Kevin J. Donohoe
Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging by Fred A. Mettler

Pediatrics:
Fundamentals of Pediatric Radiology by Lane F. Donnelly
Pediatric Radiology Casebase: The Baby Minnie of Pediatric Radiology by Joanna J. Seibert
Imaging of the Newborn, Infant, and Young Child by Leonard E Swischuk

Boards:
The Little Green Book: Questions for Radiology Conference and Examination Preparation by Eric Tamm
Case Review Series
Primer of Diagnostic Imaging
Clinical Imaging: An Atlas of Differential Diagnosis (Clinical Imaging: An Atlas of Diff Diag ( Eisenberg)) by Ronald L Eisenberg
Aunt Minnie's Atlas and Imaging-Specific Diagnosis by Thomas L Pope
Duke Radiology Case Review: Imaging, Differential Diagnosis, and Discussion by James M Provenzale

That's about it, folks. Good luck with residency/boards.

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure if there is some info about this somewhere already but please redirect me if something has been posted already.

What are some good books to read for a radiology elective. I just finished my third year and am about to go for a couple of rotations in radiology in 2 weeks so I wanted to get some headstart reading. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Core:
Brant & Helms

Nice easy reads:
Felson's chest roetgenology - Goodman
Fundamentals of body CT - cant remember
Fundamentals of chest radiology - Ketai
Fundamentals of paediatric radiology - Lane
Requisites neuro

Radiology Publication is a profitable business. The books are expensive and generaly updated every two to three years.

The major review books are: Radiology Review Manual by Dahnert and Primer of Diagnostic Imaging by Wittenberg.
The best beginning text or for review is Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology by Brant & Helms.

The major publishers have their own standard texts in each subspecialty, many have accompanying atlases.

For Elsevier, the Requisite series: Neuroradiology (Grossman), MSK (Manaster), Chest (McCloud), GI (Halpert), Pediatric (Blickman), Vascular & Interventional (Kaufman), Cardiac (Miller), Breast (Ikeda), US (Middleton), GU (Zagoria), Nuclear Medicine (Ziessman). There are matching Case Review series, with chapter and page correlations. These books are relatively inexpensive and among the best for the specific subspecialty.

For LWW, Core Curriculum series: Pediatric Imaging (Siegel), MSK Imaging (Chew) with Musculoskeletal Imaging Companion (Berquist), Cardiopulmonary Imaging (Kazerooni) with Chest Imaging Companion (Stern), Neuroradiology Imaging (Castillo) with Neuroradiology Companion Castillo), Breast Imaging (Cardenosa) with Breast Imaging Companion (Cardenosa), US Imaging (Brant), GI Radiology companion (Eisenberg) and Trauma Imaging Companion (Lewis). These books are more expensive than the requisite series and some are preferred.
Teaching file series: CT & MRI Abd and Pelvis (Pablo Ros)

For Saunders, Fundamental Series: GI Radiology (Davis), Pediatric Radiology (Donnelly), Skeletal Radiology (Helms), Chest Radiology (Ketai), Body CT (Webb), Neuroimaging (Hart), and Uroradiology (Williamson). These books are very readable, but lacks some depth.

Books of Interest: Radiology Recall (Woodcock), Radiology Secret (Pretorius), Clinical Imaging: an Atlas of Differential Diagnosis (Eisenberg), Aids to Radiological Differential Diagnosis (Chapman), Chest Radiology: Plain Film Patterns and Differential Diagnosis (Reed), Manual of Radiology: Acute Problems and Essential Procedures (Eng)

For Amirsys: Diagnostic Imaging Series. A beautifully illustrated set of books and atlases by luminaries in the field. Packed with information and limited verbiage. Very pricey.

Suggestion: Fundamental of Diagnostic Radiology (Brant & Helms), Atlas of Radiological Anatomy (Weir), Primer of Diagnostic Imaging (Wittenberg) and perhaps Radiology Recall/Radiology Secret.
Alternative is in depth study of the Chest or ER Radiology by the readable Chest Radiology: Plain Film Patterns and Differential Diagnosis (Reed) and Radiology of Emergency Medicine (Harris).

Savings: Check eBay.com, Half.com, overstock.com, walmart.com and loginbookstore.com

Do you guys have any tips for a MRI tech book for ridiculously non-mathematical md's? I'm doing some research work and i would love some more (f)MRI knowledge

Hmmm... Only about a year too late for this one.

Pick one of:

Hashemi, et. Al
MRI The Basics
http://www.amazon.com/MRI-Basics-Ray-H-Hashemi/dp/0781741572/

McRobbie, et. Al
MRI From Picture to Proton
http://www.amazon.com/MRI-Picture-Proton-Donald-McRobbie/dp/0521865271/

Then add:

Buxton
Introduction to Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Principles and Techniques
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Functional-Magnetic-Resonance-Imaging/dp/0521581133/

Members don't see this ad :)
Our chief resident put up an online list of recommended books for us. It might be of help for you, but I agree with some posters in not going overboard until you're an R1. Here's the list:

http://www.residencybooks.com/radiology

Only 62 books? Ok done. Got any more? :D

Heh, good point. :D But, we do have a good number of them in our residency library, and many are primarily good for reference, not for curling up on the couch with and whiling away a rainy weekend.

Looking back:

Good general radiology texts:

New edition of B and H is fantastic! Its like the Squires but for residents. Get the MGH Primer by Weisledder- outline with bullet points, simplified diagram... think of it as First Aid for Radiology. Keep this through out residency and make notes in the margins along the way.

Chest: Felsons is a good start for an intern/R1. The book by Reed is excellent to if you have time but its probably overkill for plain film CXR.

Read the Chapter on intro to Hi-res chest out of Webb (dont buy this book -its like 200 bucks), its a great start for an R2.

Nuclear medicine: Mettler is well written, Requisites is great too but I prefer mettler.

MSK: for starters do the Fundamentals of Skeletal radiology pink book. Its golden. That is bare bones MSK for a radiology resident. This is the same information in Brandt and Helms, but its arranged a little differently and is much easier to carry around. Then when you have time, i highly recommend the MSK case book by felix chew. It has lots of plain film MSK (which is now a weakness at many programs, just like plain film chest is). Then there is an MSK MRI book by Kaplan - its short and sweet.
I am not fond of the requisites for MSK. I own this book and i think it gets too nit picky in some areas, while not sufficiently covering others.

Neuro: Requisites is a great reference, but for a primary text, its OVERKILL... The core curriculum by Castillo or even anne osbornes old book is great for brain. but unfortunately none of the last two is very good for head and neck or spine, you have to read the requisites for these.) Personally, I just read the Neuro chapter out of Brandt and Helms and supplemented with requisites.

IR:
for the rotation, handbook of IR procedures 3rd ed by Kandarpa is great. The best way to learn how to do procedures is still "hands on". Valji has a new book, which i haven't looked at but I'm sure is great. I have Requisites and I think its pretty good (little lacking on oncology though.)

GI- For fluoro, Mayo clinic has a great GI review book that also covers cross sectional imaging. Its paperback with a black cover. I has great image quality. There is a great CT Abdomen/pelvis Teaching file put out by the same series as the Felix chew book. Fundamentals of Body CT is a good starter book for a 1st rotation in body CT (this is the same material in B and H, but arranged differently).

GU- GU requisites is great , but i happen to prefer Dunnicks Textbook of Uroradiology. Dunnick's book is an easy read and he is THE name in GU radiology.

Peds- The Fundamentals book by Donelly is the best thing out there... there are a few misprints, but its pretty easy to figure out what they are. Its a short read and really well written. I really did not like the organization or flow of the peds requisites.

The Case Base book is good for practicing peds cases.

Mammo- hmmmm... still thinking... I don't think I read any dedicated mammo texts during my residency.

Cardiac: The case review book, even though its just clinical cases, is pretty much everything you would need to know as a resident and can be done in a few days.

Ultrasound: Requisites is excellent. I have heard that some people like the core curriculum, but I am not familiar with that book.

Ill be tiding up this post and I'll have one to follow for boards prep...

Last edited:
Nice job with these book recommendations. I will have one of the radRounds writers summarize for residents too! just discovered this enlightening post! Thanks all!

Steven Chan MD

This is a good post, but I am still confused for the different opinions. Can you help me?
I am a first year resident and I am undecided betwen the following books?

Thoracic radiology - Lange or Reed or Barn and Helms or Webb? or other?

Musculoesquetic - Greenspan, Yochum, Requisites? or other?

Can you help me?

wonderful post, i always go back and fourth on it ,

any "updates"?

I've been looking for a good MSK book that can be read during residency.

For plain films, I think this older book is probably the way to go.

The bare bones, something like that. By Chew as well. No longer being actively published, last edition was 97? Its plain film bones though.

Probably mixed with the Helms MRI MSK book. I think its a decent combo?

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure if there is some info about this somewhere already but please redirect me if something has been posted already.

What are some good books to read for a radiology elective. I just finished my third year and am about to go for a couple of rotations in radiology in 2 weeks so I wanted to get some headstart reading. Any recommendations?
Thanks

I second this as about about to do a radiology elective as well in about 2 weeks. Any of these good for a med student?

Squires fundamentals of Radiology

Learning Radiology - the website and the book

Radiology Recall isn't bad but way more info

First 2 books are the best. Squires gives a very broad overview & Learning radiology gives some very good pointers for commonly encountered stuff.

Most other books are going to be beyond the scope of medical students. Med school just doesn't teach you much info that is important for radiology (my opinion as a Med student that did 3 rads electives)

On rads rotations they typically don't expect you to know to much. Just try to look interested and not ask too many questions and you'll be fine.

Squires fundamentals of Radiology

Learning Radiology - the website and the book

Radiology Recall isn't bad but way more info

First 2 books are the best. Squires gives a very broad overview & Learning radiology gives some very good pointers for commonly encountered stuff.

Most other books are going to be beyond the scope of medical students. Med school just doesn't teach you much info that is important for radiology (my opinion as a Med student that did 3 rads electives)

On rads rotations they typically don't expect you to know to much. Just try to look interested and not ask too many questions and you'll be fine.

thanks, i'm gonna be doing a couple radio aways in a few months. any thoughts on something for neuroradio that's at the level of an m4? also, what are your thoughts on either first aid radiology, blueprints, or radio made ridiculously simple? too basic to be helpful for m4 or worth a shot?

What would be a good book for interventional radiology for an MS4 who is doing an away rotation?

Thanks!

Ok well I'm A Radiology Resident fro India and let me tell u about the books we read here...

X-rays and Procedures -- David Sutton texbook

CT and MRI -- CT and MRI of the Whole Body - John Haaga

Neuroradiology -- Anne Osborn

Ultrasound -- Carol Rumack (Diagnostic Ultrasound) and Roger Sanders(clinical sonography)

Basic Radiological Anatomy and Atlas -- Pocket Atlas of Sectional Anatomy (Moeller)
Paul Butler Applied Radiological Anatomy
Radiology Atlas Weir Abrahams

Radiology Physics -- Christensens,
Farr's
Well here in India we have a 76 hour week which includes 2 night calls a week.

What about u guys how many hours in a week do u work, and how many hours a day do u effectively spend studying.

can some indian resident or md radiologist help me with the books recommended for indian radiology course please. glad to hear from you.
thank you

This is taken from a blog I found that has a very comprehensive list of reading recommendations that are quite good. Please note, as mentioned by others, that you should NOT try to read radiology texts prior to beginning radiology residency - it will not be helpful. Enjoy your free time in medical school and internship! As a medical student or in your internship, if you really want to study something :) just try to re-learn/remember anatomy. Good luck.

from http://radresidents.blogspot.com. See original page for links.

Obviously new residents should be reading Brant and Helms' Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology but it is usually provided when you start your program. See the following list of recommendations for individual rotations. Feel free to comment if you have found better options.

Chest: Prior to beginning your first chest rotation you should read Felson's Principles of Chest Roentgenology. During your first and second rotations you should read one of the following texts:
1. Thoracic Imaging by Webb and Higgins or
2. Imaging of the Chest by Muller and Silva or
3. Imaging of Diseases of the Chest by Hansel et. al

Both of these texts are recommended for subsequent rotations:
1. CT and MR of the Thorax
2. High-Resolution CT of the Lung

Body CT & MR:
1. Fundamentals of Body Ct (3rd Edition)
2. Body MRI by Evan Siegelman
3. Emergency Radiology: Case Review Series
4. Gastrointestinal Imaging: Case Review Series

GI/GU Fluoro: The first is highly recommended for fluoro as most residents do not do that much fluoro anymore, but we are expected to know it regardless:
1. Mayo Clinic Gastrointestinal Imaging Review
2. Gastrointestinal Radiology: A Pattern Approach
3. Gastrointestinal Imaging: Case Review Series
4. Genitourinary Radiology: Radiology Requisites Series
5. Genitourinary Imaging: Case Review Series

Interventional:
1. Vascular and Interventional Radiology: The Requisites
2. Handbook of Interventional Radiologic Procedures

Mammography:
1. Breast Imaging (The Core Curriculum Series)
2. Breast Imaging: Case Review Series
3. Helpful website: UW breast imaging teaching file

Musculoskeletal:
1. General MSK, great for your first rotation - Orthopedic Imaging: A Practical Approach
2. Arthritis text - Arthritis in Black and White
3. MSK MRI text - Musculoskeletal MRI
4. Review texts - Musculoskeletal Imaging: A Teaching File and Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System

Neuroradiology:
1. Neuroradiology: The Requisites
2. Brain Imaging: Case Review Series
3. Head and Neck Imaging: Case Review Series
4. Spine Imaging: Case Review Series

Nuclear Medicine:
1. Nuclear Medicine: The Requisites
2. Nuclear Medicine: Case Review Series

Pediatrics:
1. Pediatric Imaging: The Fundamentals
2. Pediatric Imaging: Case Review Series
3. Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites

Ultrasound:
1. Ultrasound: The Requisites
2. General and Vascular Ultrasound: Case Review Series
3. Diagnostic Ultrasound by Rumack

Last edited:
Maybe this has been asked before, but I did not see it. What is a good book that rad residents would recommened for a some one that will start prelim this month to read in first year to get a good start before PGY-2
Thanks for everyone for keeping this great post going

Felsons. Honestly, don't waste your time reading anything else. I didn't listen when people advised the same thing a year ago; two textbooks later, I realized I only wasted time and absorbed nothing.

Felsons. Honestly, don't waste your time reading anything else. I didn't listen when people advised the same thing a year ago; two textbooks later, I realized I only wasted time and absorbed nothing.
I am sorry to come of as ignorat, but what is the specific book name
Thanks

It's in the booklist above. Felsons principles of chest roentgenology

With PGY2 drawing near for some of us.. any recs on any good atlases, or easy reads that will be meaningful like Felsons before starting radiology residency?

Last edited:
hello ! .. what books should one start with ?... like in the first couple of weeks-months after joining the programme?

Everyone is talking about how, if you're a medical student or PGY-1, you should be covering anatomy if anything.

I'm an MS4 and have a book stipend. I'm applying radiology this year. Would I be better off getting Applied Radiological Anatomy or Applied Radiological Anatomy for Medical Students (both by Butler)? Just wondering if there's a significant difference in the books, and if I should just pick up the one I could use for the next few years instead of the one targeted for medical students? Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, going with the above link.

Last edited:
Last edited:
hello!
I have a quick question: I already own th B+H and I will be starting my first CT rotation soon. Does it make sense to also get the Fundamentals of Body CT book by Webb or is the content really the same? The previews on amazon look quite different...thanks a lot!

hello!
I have a quick question: I already own th B+H and I will be starting my first CT rotation soon. Does it make sense to also get the Fundamentals of Body CT book by Webb or is the content really the same? The previews on amazon look quite different...thanks a lot!

It's not identical. Personally think Fundamentals is much more readable / better geared towards a first rotation understanding/approach. Includes both chest and body as well, just fyi.

For chest have been reading Chest Imagine: The Essentials by Collins and Stern. I really like how it is written.

What's the best option available as far as cases/questions? I have a really hard time just reading a textbook on a difficult topic. When I read, I like to read for a purpose - something I saw during the day or a question I got wrong in a case presentation or q bank.

For case based learning, I really liked Aunt Minnie's Atlas and Top 3 Differentials for multisystem review and value. Everyone in my program uses the RadPrimer qbank, but for more case books after that, the consensus was that the RadCases series was the favorite overall for subject-specific review.

If you will forgive a little shameless self-promotion, I just wrote a book intended to help radiology residents create better radiology reports. It is available as an e-book and a paperback on Amazon. Some background on the book is available here.

If you will forgive a little shameless self-promotion, I just wrote a book intended to help radiology residents create better radiology reports. It is available as an e-book and a paperback on Amazon. Some background on the book is available here.
Hmm... I'm not sure the site's policy on shameless plugs, but as a rising R1 I'm actually pretty tempted to pick this up for something interesting+useful read as I waste away in the ICU as an intern this winter.

Hmm... I'm not sure the site's policy on shameless plugs, but as a rising R1 I'm actually pretty tempted to pick this up for something interesting+useful read as I waste away in the ICU as an intern this winter.

Such a policy encourages "shameful plugs" where the disclosure of conflict of interest is not made.

====
I've compiled a list of books for intro/general/comprehensive/boards, anatomy, and physics. Additions or deletions?

Brant and Helms - Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology 4e
Chen - Basic Radiology 2e
Ellis - Human Sectional Anatomy 4e
Felson - Principles of Chest Roentgenology 3e
Fleckenstein - Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging 3e
Grainger - Diagnostic Radiology 6e
Grainger - Diagnostic Radiology Essentials
Herring - Learning Radiology 3e
Huda - Review of Radiologic Physics 3e
Kelley - Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals 3e
Mandell - Core Radiology
Mettler - Essentials of Radiology 2e
Netter's - Concise Radiologic Anatomy 2e
O'Brien - Top 3 Differentials in Radiology
Ouellette - Clinical Radiology Made Ridiculously Simple
Pope - Aunt Minnie's Atlas and Imaging-Specific Diagnosis 4e
Pretorius - Radiology Secrets Plus 3e
Schering - MRI Made Easy - Well Almost
Weir - Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy 4e
Weissleder - Primer on Diagnostic Imaging 5e

Such a policy encourages "shameful plugs" where the disclosure of conflict of interest is not made.

====
I've compiled a list of books for intro/general/comprehensive/boards, anatomy, and physics. Additions or deletions?

Brant and Helms - Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology 4e
Chen - Basic Radiology 2e
Ellis - Human Sectional Anatomy 4e
Felson - Principles of Chest Roentgenology 3e
Fleckenstein - Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging 3e
Grainger - Diagnostic Radiology 6e
Grainger - Diagnostic Radiology Essentials
Herring - Learning Radiology 3e
Huda - Review of Radiologic Physics 3e
Kelley - Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals 3e
Mandell - Core Radiology
Mettler - Essentials of Radiology 2e
Netter's - Concise Radiologic Anatomy 2e
O'Brien - Top 3 Differentials in Radiology
Ouellette - Clinical Radiology Made Ridiculously Simple
Pope - Aunt Minnie's Atlas and Imaging-Specific Diagnosis 4e
Pretorius - Radiology Secrets Plus 3e
Schering - MRI Made Easy - Well Almost
Weir - Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy 4e
Weissleder - Primer on Diagnostic Imaging 5e
This list makes no sense. Waaaaaay too many general books and atlases. Many of those books are medical student appropriate, but far too superficial for a resident.