Reapplicant Seeking Advice + School Lists!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squeakersquirrel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! Sounds like you have a pretty solid application with no major red flags or anything. Sometimes the system just works against you. I would rewrite everything. You want to have a fresh perspective on your application, which should necessarily mean you would rewrite everything (some things can be really similar, just tweak some things and revamp everything else.)

PM me your PS and I would be happy to take a look.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, what was your school list?

Make sure you have enough money to apply BROADLY. Like really broad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Boston University
NYMC
Cooper
George Washington
Oklahoma (this one is tricky for me and i would love feedback - not OOS friendly unless you have ties to OK; i have secondary ties .. SO has family in OK and i truly love this state and would absolutely live here in the future but I know those ties are a reach)
David Geffen UCLA
Keck USC
UCI
UCD
UCR
UCSD
CA Northstate
UCSF
Albany Medical College
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Hofstra
Lewis Katz
Commonwealth Medical College
Tulane
Wake Forest
Western Michigan University
Indiana University
University of Arizona
University of Washington
University of Vermont
Oregon Health and Science
Medical College of Wisconsin
Ohio State
Loma Linda

applied to last year and won't this year
Geisel @ Dartmouth
Warren Alpert Brown
Tufts
University of North Carolina

------------
grateful to have financially supportive parents. this time i'm paying it all myself to show that i can be independent (and bc i feel guilty for "wasting" their money) but as i said i work 40 hr weeks so i've been saving up the money for this.
Add jefferson, rush, new York medical college, and temple. Good call taking off higher tier schools. Use caution and look into mid/low tier to increase chances.

Agreed but what are some other mid/low tier schools? Are there any other higher tier schools that you think I should axe?
Good question, I don't know the answer though haha been too long since applying. If you do a lizzy m score and apply to everything in and below your range is a safe bet

Northstate has chosen to deny its students access to federal loans and payback mechanisms.
Loma Linda is a mission-based school Do you fit the mission?
U of WA's OOS matriculants are from WWAMI states. CA is not one of them.

Here is a more realistic list:

Rush
NYMC
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
MCW
SLU
WVU
Jefferson
Tulane
Loyola
Wake Forest
VCU
Netter
EVMS
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons. Start list with all West Coast schools.
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire