Re-applicant PS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imjustheresoidontgetfined

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am the treasurer of an organization, and for the past year I have been trying to acquire funding for a program that I want to start. However, I'm finding that it is actually quite hard to get funding for a program. So last year I talked about having this idea in my secondaries (I said that I was going to be acquiring funding for these programs). My question is, is it bad to reference this project (still in fundraising mode) in my upcoming PS even though it works with the PS? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This entirely depends on how you phrase it. If you discuss your struggle in gathering funding and focus on the process that's better than waxing poetic about an accomplishment that hasn't occurred yet.

If talking about hypotheticals was encouraged in a PS, then my upcoming Rhodes scholarship and subsequent stint on the ISS should have resulted in more IIs.

I doubt anybody will care. If it flows well and describes your reason for wanting to go to medical school, then I see no reason not to use it.