Re-applicant personal statement and essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if I need to change my essays and personal statement when applying this cycle. I applied last year to one school, (had a low MCAT grade so I didn't want to apply to more schools and get rejected). I talked to the admission committee about my application and they indicated that they liked my essays.

I really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Typically, the advice is to give a drastic overhaul to your essays. I think I would at least try to give a dedicated effort to improving your essays (mainly the personal statement because you didn't really write secondaries and activity descriptions should need minimal improvement). I would get multiple people to proofread it. This attempt to change, edit, and improve your personal statement will probably improve the essay and would help me sleep at night if I were in your shoes (do you really want a copy pasted essay make even one school look down on you?).

If you want me to read it I would be more than willing.

Typically, the advice is to give a drastic overhaul to your essays. I think I would at least try to give a dedicated effort to improving your essays (mainly the personal statement because you didn't really write secondaries and activity descriptions should need minimal improvement). I would get multiple people to proofread it. This attempt to change, edit, and improve your personal statement will probably improve the essay and would help me sleep at night if I were in your shoes (do you really want a copy pasted essay make even one school look down on you?).

If you want me to read it I would be more than willing.

I appreciate your help. I will PM you my personal statement shortly