Re applicant personal statement advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomgirl96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am re applying to optometry school and I needed advice on what to include in my personal statement. I know i have to show them how i became better and more competitive but how can i do so? Do I use the same story as to why i want to become an optometrist and then include what i have done from then til now?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I know that some schools have a section where they ask if you applied to their program before, and if so, what you’ve done since to strengthen your app. You could put your stuff in there instead of your personal statement.

If they don’t have that section, you can probably put it in your personal statement. Using the same story should be fine as long as it fits in with what you’ve done.

Was there any one reason that schools didn’t accept you last cycle? How did you handle it? What did you decide to do about it? Was there something else you did to strengthen your app that wasn’t suggested? You can use these questions to explain how you’ve changed since your last application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What was your overall GPA ? Non science and science. Your OAT score ? What schools did you apply to ?