RC passages/bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going through bootcamp RC right now, and I find it pretty challenging- scoring around 18.

On bootcamp, I find that the third passage is easier than the first, but I always run out of time for the last few questions. So I am thinking of starting with the last passage first. Does the actual DAT have a "review" page as well that I can skip multiple questions with a few clicks or would I have to click a hundred times to get to the last passage and then come back?

Also, does the 3rd passage on the actual DAT tend to be easier like bootcamp?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

The difficulty of the passages is going to be completely random on the real DAT. Try to focus on improving your reading speed to avoid running out of time, rather than gaming the system with a strategy that won't be usable on the actual test.

Reactions: 1 users
The difficulty of the passages is going to be completely random on the real DAT. Try to focus on improving your reading speed to avoid running out of time, rather than gaming the system with a strategy that won't be usable on the actual test.
Yep. It's all about reading speed. I wouldn't even bother with the whole bootcamp's read 3 articles a day. Just plug random stuff into spreeder and do that on high speed.

Yep. It's all about reading speed. I wouldn't even bother with the whole bootcamp's read 3 articles a day. Just plug random stuff into spreeder and do that on high speed.

Speed reading app can help too, what you suggest can help some people, but for example, me, when I tried to do these stuff, I ended up with a condition called, twitchy eye o_O
my left eye kept twitching for a month until I let it rest.
So, speed reader is not for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Speed reading app can help too, what you suggest can help some people, but for example, me, when I tried to do these stuff, I ended up with a condition called, twitchy eye o_O
my left eye kept twitching for a month until I let it rest.
So, speed reader is not for everyone.
Might want to get that checked lol twitching for a month seems kind of odd

Might want to get that checked lol twitching for a month seems kind of odd

Thanks, it went away on its own. I tried to use many stuff, eyedrops, vitamins, rest. But eventually, it went away when I stopped trying to read faster.

Reactions: 1 user
I am going through bootcamp RC right now, and I find it pretty challenging- scoring around 18.

On bootcamp, I find that the third passage is easier than the first, but I always run out of time for the last few questions. So I am thinking of starting with the last passage first. Does the actual DAT have a "review" page as well that I can skip multiple questions with a few clicks or would I have to click a hundred times to get to the last passage and then come back?

Also, does the 3rd passage on the actual DAT tend to be easier like bootcamp?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I got 18-20 on crack the dat RC and ended up getting a 24 on the real DAT. Dont worry too much about your practice scores focus on getting the techniques down

Reactions: 1 user
I got 18-20 on crack the dat RC and ended up getting a 24 on the real DAT. Dont worry too much about your practice scores focus on getting the techniques down
You must adequately prepare for the reading, focusing on speed and comprehension. No one will be able to accurately predict your score on test day, but I can predict it won't go well if you don't prepare.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Reactions: 1 users