RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ski is energetic af
(I think it's my new mission to say af in at least every post now)

Could be a lot worse, like @DVMDream 's "meta".

Meta af
Energetic af until you put me on some muscle relaxants and then I'm tired af

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I basically think kittens just stare straight into your soul

IMG_8832.JPG

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning to take her into the woods and dismember her.

Jk we are going camping
My mom was talking to someone on the phone and she said 'Yeah, PBC's going to visit an axe murderer in Canada next month.' She's not actually worried, but she likes to be dramatic about it.

Reactions: 5 users
The new exercise pen was just delivered for the bunnies. Now they can spend some time outside on the patio with me.... and I don't have to completely unassemble their permanent cage/pen to do it. Yay!

Reactions: 4 users
May be planning a trip to Denmark for November with my sister for her 25th b-day. She studied abroad there and I never made it to Denmark when I studied abroad so I'm pretty excited. Plus, if I fly out of boston, I can get the flight currently for under $400 round trip.

Reactions: 4 users
ImageUploadedBySDN1499987716.412057.jpg

My new kitten is cute af. Meet Hufflepuff the super snuggler.
And the 10k raise I got today is extra awesome af.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 25 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got HBO Go all set up on my Roku TV, ready for Game of Thrones tonight! :D

Reactions: 1 users
I ordered it for the sole purpose of me hosting a GoT watching party at my place for the next 8 weeks.

SO STOKED!!
...this is why I got mine, figured I'd cancel later. And then Westworld started. And then The Young Pope started. And now I still have it a year later with GoT back, lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Played field hockey for the first time in 6 yrs! I am beyond rusty and I already feel like I got hit by a truck, but I missed the sport.

It just so happens that our Fall Break is the same time that RENT is playing in my hometown!! (It's one of my favorite musicals that's still on my Need To See Bucketlist!) So I've got RENT tickets and a flight booked to go and see it! That's late October, that should be a nice, well deserved break from year 1! :soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
It just so happens that our Fall Break is the same time that RENT is playing in my hometown!! (It's one of my favorite musicals that's still on my Need To See Bucketlist!) So I've got RENT tickets and a flight booked to go and see it! That's late October, that should be a nice, well deserved break from year 1! :soexcited:
I'm jealous you get a fall break, we don't get a break until Thanksgiving. :cryi:

I have an end date!!! August 2nd I can begin to chew foods with the consistency of like, McDonalds (just a couple of chews). So that's chicken nuggets, pizza, cheeseburgers.

The end is nigh!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
What is this "fall break" you speak of?

Reactions: 1 user
I have an end date!!! August 2nd I can begin to chew foods with the consistency of like, McDonalds (just a couple of chews). So that's chicken nuggets, pizza, cheeseburgers.

The end is nigh!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:
When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was fortunate to not feel pain was subsequently absolutely starving. I survived by sucking the life out of and then swallowing the Hormel beef tip dishes because it gave me protein

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was fortunate to not feel pain was subsequently absolutely starving. I survived by sucking the life out of and then swallowing the Hormel beef tip dishes because it gave me protein
Yeahhhh lots of peanut butter products. Today marks 4 weeks since the surgery! Woop woop!

Lol at OkSU there's a "fall break" October 20th. It's just a one day thing. But it was a big thing at the undergrad level, so I'm guessing it just transferred over as well.

Used to be that fall break was two days and TG break was two days. They took one day away from fall break and put it at Thanksgiving. So now you get W-F for TG but just the one day in October.

Used to be that fall break was two days and TG break was two days. They took one day away from fall break and put it at Thanksgiving. So now you get W-F for TG but just the one day in October.
I prefer that, honestly. Having a longer Thanksgiving (but that's because I go see family in Chicago during TG).

I prefer that, honestly. Having a longer Thanksgiving (but that's because I go see family in Chicago during TG).

That's why they did it - so people would have a day to travel and get to where family is.

I just thought I'd let you know since, yanno, I just found out you were 4 in 2000. Which would make you 8 in 2004, which is incidentally the year I started undergrad at OSU. #oldfart

Reactions: 3 users
That's why they did it - so people would have a day to travel and get to where family is.

I just thought I'd let you know since, yanno, I just found out you were 4 in 2000. Which would make you 8 in 2004, which is incidentally the year I started undergrad at OSU. #oldfart
I like it a lot more.

Shhhh that's only like a little bit older like 10 years. You're not an old fart. Not toooo bad. :laugh:

Yay! Found someone older than me. You, old fart.. ;)

It's all good. I may be almost 32, but at least I already graduated from vet school. :smuggrin:
Oh that hurts....I'll be almost 34 when I graduate.

It's really weird to even write that out. I definitely don't feel that old

Meh. If things progress normally I'll be graduating vet school the spring before my 35th birthday.

What makes me feel old is when I'm viewing STD records and I see a birth date of like 2000, 2002, etc. ****, not only are those babies having sex but they're stupid babies who don't use condoms.

I'm 37 now and will be 41 when I graduate! I'm very curious to see if I'm the oldest in my class...and I feel super old reading this thread right now o_O

Love my residency :) It's nice to actually be excited to go in to work.

Hate that my computer is broken and I'm so busy I just spent 2 hours catching up on SDN. But I'm caught up now!

Reactions: 14 users
First pay check with the cost-of-living adjustment! It's not a huge bump up and health insurance increased so it's not as big as it would have been a few months ago, but it translates to about eighty more a pay period. Too bad I'm leaving in three weeks.... but, if the leave estimates I got from my resignation meeting with HR are accurate, all of my vacation and personal leave will be paid out at the new rate.

Also, today was pay day so I can finally go purchase my iPad and accessories for school.

Reactions: 7 users
Some people don't even start vet school until 34.
Or older...
I'm 37 now and will be 41 when I graduate! I'm very curious to see if I'm the oldest in my class...and I feel super old reading this thread right now o_O
I'll be 41 when I graduate too, and I'm the 3rd oldest in my class at the moment.

I'll be 41 when I graduate too, and I'm the 3rd oldest in my class at the moment.
Nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm glad this happened for me when it did, though, even if I do feel old once in awhile. How has school been for you?

Nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm glad this happened for me when it did, though, even if I do feel old once in awhile. How has school been for you?

I'm also 37 and will be 41 when I graduate. I never felt that old until I joined the Facebook group for my class and saw when most of my classmates graduated high school!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it when I was in my early 20's. I was too irresponsible at the time. Though sometimes I feel like my brain is too old for vet school now, I'm still doing ok, and I feel like if I can make it through this next semester, then I'll be ok (I keep telling myself that after every semester!) I love my class though, and I don't ever feel excluded because of my age, some even seem to respect my opinions on things because of it. I would have liked to get accepted a few years ago, but I guess I'm glad I didn't because now my son is in college, so I don't feel guilty about missing things in his life now.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it when I was in my early 20's. I was too irresponsible at the time. Though sometimes I feel like my brain is too old for vet school now, I'm still doing ok, and I feel like if I can make it through this next semester, then I'll be ok (I keep telling myself that after every semester!) I love my class though, and I don't ever feel excluded because of my age, some even seem to respect my opinions on things because of it. I would have liked to get accepted a few years ago, but I guess I'm glad I didn't because now my son is in college, so I don't feel guilty about missing things in his life now.

In what ways do you feel your brain is too old for vet school? I'm kind of nervous about information overload / being able to memorize massive amounts of stuff. I figure I can handle the workload, but memorizing large amounts of information seems harder now that I'm older

I'm also 37 and will be 41 when I graduate. I never felt that old until I joined the Facebook group for my class and saw when most of my classmates graduated high school!

I have to admit I haven't really looked, maybe that's for the best, lol?