RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@cdoconn ... that's great news!

You've been waiting a long time; and soon you'll be able to celebrate!

When cdo is able to bite food, everyone is invited to my place for free pizza!!!

View attachment 219452
@WildZoo 's gonna break my jaw herself so she can get some free pizza. That's her favorite thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
@WildZoo 's gonna break my jaw herself so she can get some free pizza. That's her favorite thing!
I believe it.
b0e90e86e653290072dd7e1faf3db25d0e161df2_hq.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I started my new job yesterday. Holy crap. Apparently this is what a well-run practice looks like. I have two RVTs assigned to me. They get my history, weigh the patient, take vitals, scribe for me while I'm in the appointment, get meds ready for me, put the bill on.... Like seriously. I just have to do the thinking and glance over the notes afterward to make sure they're done. And I have an office!! Like with a door any everything. And (get this!) I actually heard a receptionist ask the other doc if they needed to reschedule some stuff to accommodate something. Gasp. That's never happened. At my last practice, they'd just schedule it anyway, or ask me and then do whatever they wanted regardless of my answer.

Also, fingers crossed I may have found an apartment. I will happily eat off paper plates and sleep on an air mattress if it means I don't have to share space with my mother.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 users
Congratulations! :biglove:

Congratulations! very exciting! :love:

Thank you!! This week I'm moving into a new apartment, and then right after, vacation! 8 day Alaska cruise, and we're gonna go whale watching, and hiking, and do a river float, and go dog sledding on a glacier. With my parents, sister, brother-in-law. Can. Not. Wait. And then I'm helping her move back home and spending 8 days in NY with her family. Some needed time off before coming back to school and facing responsibility again.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Never said wasn't gonna eat the waffle, just that pancake would make it better bruh
Waffles are so much better than pancakes at restaurants. (Pancakes are always soggy) At home, pancakes win, but only because I like them with peanut butter and maple syrup.

Reactions: 2 users
I still don't understand why we can't all love waffles and pancakes equally and get along. All breakfast foods are unique in their own ways! :p stop judging them for their shape and size and ability to hold syrup!

Reactions: 3 users
You guys are forgetting the even better option: French toast. I'll take that over waffles AND pancakes any day.

Reactions: 7 users
I will eat all the breakfast foods. All of them.

But honestly in most situations if given the choice, I'm going to stuff myself with pancakes, say I'm never eating pancakes again, and then eat them again the next day.

Reactions: 5 users
Still not his username ;)
*free shrugs*

Also, still? You think that's what I noticed and edited at 4 am? Think again. I didn't even notice that till you said it : P

Last edited:
You guys are forgetting the even better option: French toast. I'll take that over waffles AND pancakes any day.
I tried to say this and they all shut me down. I'm glad you agree French toast is superior to them all. But waffles are still better than pancakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So I started my new job yesterday. Holy crap. Apparently this is what a well-run practice looks like. I have two RVTs assigned to me. They get my history, weigh the patient, take vitals, scribe for me while I'm in the appointment, get meds ready for me, put the bill on.... Like seriously. I just have to do the thinking and glance over the notes afterward to make sure they're done. And I have an office!! Like with a door any everything. And (get this!) I actually heard a receptionist ask the other doc if they needed to reschedule some stuff to accommodate something. Gasp. That's never happened. At my last practice, they'd just schedule it anyway, or ask me and then do whatever they wanted regardless of my answer.

Also, fingers crossed I may have found an apartment. I will happily eat off paper plates and sleep on an air mattress if it means I don't have to share space with my mother.
Congrats to you on your new job!! It's exciting isn't it!

As a tech (I'm not an RVT) I worked at a clinic/hospital that did the same kind of set up. There were 2 techs scheduled per doctor. We usually had 2 doctors running the floor, 4 techs and an additional tech to help load rooms/run bloodwork/read fecals and blood smears/stock & fill meds etc.

As their tech we did everything (weight, history, vitals, pulled blood for annual and semi-annual hw checks, fecal, scribe, fill meds, present treatment plans, give vaccines --with the exception of Rabies--, put in their charges, etc. In emergency situations we started IV caths, X-rays, shaving areas of the animals, or whatever else was needed. (One of the techs would start and the other would present the treatment plan the doctor ordered so we knew how much the owner wanted to do/could afford) Our receptionists were awesome about going over their bill as well as accommodating the techs and the doctors schedule wise.

On days we had surgeries scheduled we had 3 more techs and an additional doctor who dealt strictly with the surgeries (and any emergency surgeries that walked in that day). There was a tech to scribe all doctor notes/post op instructions, one to monitor anesthesia, and one surgical tech. As surgical tech we could help intubate, scrub asceptically, and assist with surgeries. I can't even tell you how much experience I gained working there!! Although I wasn't an RVT, the DOCTORS thoroughly trained us to do all of these tasks. It is amazing what you can do with the right clinic/hospital and doctors that want to see you grow and learn.

Hang on to those techs, those receptionists, and that clinic. When you come across this kind of place to work it's 1 in a million. Teach people and always treat them kindly. You have no idea how much they will give back to you in return if you do. Congrats again on your new job and I hope you will get to move out soon! :)

*free shrugs*

Also, still? You think that's what I noticed and edited at 4 am? Think again. I didn't even notice that till you said it : P
I thought it had been you who had done that recently (like within the last week?), but now that I think about it I think it might've actaully been pippy. Which is what the "still" was for.
TBH didn't see that you had edited it even

I thought it had been you who had done that recently (like within the last week?), but now that I think about it I think it might've actaully been pippy. Which is what the "still" was for.
I haven't posted here in forever hahha

I'm sure I have done that, but probably not in the last few weeks because I haven't even been in here.

But also, not my fault if there is non-intuitive spacing in a username

I'm sure I have done that, but probably not in the last few weeks because I haven't even been in here.

But also, not my fault if there is non-intuitive spacing in a username
I think it was because your phone didn't save you with SDN autocorrect.

(Idk what thread it was on though, I don't think it was this specific one though)

I thought this was about raves. Like Coachella nonsense. I like you all a lot more now that I know it's not :biglove:

Reactions: 9 users