RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally finished! Mom thinks it's too big but hey it's my arm not hers!

Love it :) What a great way to remember.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been brave enough to cosplay yet, but it's definitely something I want to do someday!
In the nicest possible way.... Get over that. Seriously. Find a convention near you and just do it. Cosplayers are by far the nicest and most accepting group of people I've ever met.* They don't care how much time and money you put in, they're just glad you're there. Having people run up to you at a con and gush about how much they love your character is the best feeling. My PM box is open if you need encouragement. :)

*As a group, but there's the occasional jerk in every community.

Reactions: 1 users
Cosplay is so much fun. I have a convention in a month and a half and I have like 10% of my cosplays done :scared:

In the nicest possible way.... Get over that. Seriously. Find a convention near you and just do it. Cosplayers are by far the nicest and most accepting group of people I've ever met.* They don't care how much time and money you put in, they're just glad you're there. Having people run up to you at a con and gush about how much they love your character is the best feeling. My PM box is open if you need encouragement. :)

*As a group, but there's the occasional jerk in every community.
Aww thanks!! I'll put it on my goal list for later this year. :D I'd love to do a pokemon gijinka or something.

I'll meet you there as Malik Blishtar
Oh gods can you imagine?? That would be amazing. It would make my year.

Cosplay is so much fun. I have a convention in a month and a half and I have like 10% of my cosplays done :scared:
I had mine mostly sorted out, except I hadn't start Civil War Tony Stark yet. I had Marik done, I had Atsushi Nakajima done and I was just waiting for Yuri Plisetsky's wig to come in stock again at Arda. And then someone showed me this Yuri!!! On Ice video and now I want to do that costume instead of the Russia jacket I already have.

Hoo boy do I know some crazy dramamongers in the cosplay community...but MOST are okay.

Reactions: 1 user
Whenever I see this picture, I wonder if this is something a cat might say to a dog - IF a cat could speak out loud!

Cat and dog did it.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Hoo boy do I know some crazy dramamongers in the cosplay community...but MOST are okay.
I'm largely comparing it to the lolita fashion community, who are by and large the cattiest bunch of bitches you've ever seen. Like Mean Girls in lace and petticoats. My local community is pretty good, but the scene in general has a nasty reputation for being body shaming, sniping, elitists.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm largely comparing it to the lolita fashion community, who are by and large the cattiest bunch of bitches you've ever seen. Like Mean Girls in lace and petticoats. My local community is pretty good, but the scene in general has a nasty reputation for being body shaming, sniping, elitists.
Ah, lolis. They're scary as frick.

My freezer was cracked open the other evening and all my HaloTop melted and refreezed :cryi:
This happened to me today. Except just the melting part. I only had like three half eaten cartons that I liked the flavors for, so I just tossed the other four + two freezer burned talenti. Kinda sad to lose it for what it costs, but I'm also more likely to buy more than eat the flavors I didn't like as much.

My current cosplay planning board, or "this makes me cry every time I look at it"
image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Both of my lolita friends are like the sweetest people on the planet... But I could easily see the scene as a whole swinging the other way, I suppose.

My new apartment is pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread (just ask @cdoconn , she got picture-spammed). :love::love::love::love::love::love: I will be so happy once I've moved!

(I hate moving.)

Reactions: 8 users
Did five power floats at the end of the day today.
On the downside, my arms feel like jello.
On the upside, after I was off the clock, the client gave me ice cream and alcohol.

My fiance and I found an apartment! so excited. plus, internet is included in rent.

now if only i was good at planning a wedding :rofl:

Tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Halo Top today. It's delicious. Also broke in my new lifting shoes and hit a squat snatch (although form is still meh) PR. And made my Sweet Potato Bison Shepherd's Pie without dropping it all over the kitchen.

Reactions: 8 users
LOL.

My current email status:

630 with 280 unread in the inbox.
6,600 in deleted with 4000 marked unread

The little number next to my email on my phone is about to hit 5,000
I definitely tend to hoard emails so I rarely delete them, but was starting to build up a collection of unread emails that was giving me anxiety. There is a small chance I would die if my inbox looked like yours

I won't tell you about my Gmail inboxes then.

Let's just say I have had them since Gmail started and I only delete rarely.

Reactions: 4 users
My inbox is pretty bad as well. I think the icon on my Mac says at least 5k unread emails (it doesn't filter out spam). Gmail is still easily a couple hundred.

I hoard emails, but they go in very carefully managed folders that often include subfolders. Inbox stays empty...1-3 emails maybe if they're really important things I need to respond to still or schedule.

I think I might have an emailing hoarding problem..."but what if that random piece of spam contains something I need later."

I'm really bad about deleting emails...

Reactions: 2 users
I don't delete as many emails as I probably should, but I either read or delete everything. Unread messages/emails/notifications hanging around make me twitchy.

Reactions: 3 users
Class was boring today so I got my inbox from 300 emails down to 20. :cool: I feel so clean.

I am so aggressively minimalist when it comes to my email inboxes (and PC desktops). I like to keep as few emails in there as possible, so I check often, get rid of things immediately if they're random junk/spam, and keep actual important ones in the inbox until I no longer need them...once I'm done with those, if I feel like I should save it, i'll hit Archive or something. I just want the inbox itself as empty as possible :p (but I also try to unsubscribe from most newsletters/notifications and junk, and don't currently have anything going on, so my email is empty to the point of being sad rn...like 3 read messages)

I hate seeing my dad open his inbox and it's full of literal thousands of unread useless junk and notification emails, oh god, FS's isn't even all that bad in comparison

I got a 100% on my Physiology exam I took on Monday which covered respiratory and renal physiology plus fluid/ion balance. I left feeling uncertain on 3-4 answers. I always look over my exams before turning them in and made sure to STOP myself from changing any answers since sometimes I get all panicky and change them last minute to the wrong answer. Learning to stick with my gut!! Also just really enjoying this class.

Reactions: 10 users
I got a 100% on my Physiology exam I took on Monday which covered respiratory and renal physiology plus fluid/ion balance. I left feeling uncertain on 3-4 answers. I always look over my exams before turning them in and made sure to STOP myself from changing any answers since sometimes I get all panicky and change them last minute to the wrong answer. Learning to stick with my gut!! Also just really enjoying this class.
who teaches renal for your class (is it an undergrad class?) ? the guy who taught that section for us this semester was fantastic, wondering if you had the same guy

who teaches renal for your class (is it an undergrad class?) ? the guy who taught that section for us this semester was fantastic, wondering if you had the same guy

It is an undergrad class, taught by a female (A. Denison) who is also completely fantastic. It's actually online with in class exams, but it's flawlessly put together. This has been my favorite undergrad class.

It is an undergrad class, taught by a female (A. Denison) who is also completely fantastic. It's actually online with in class exams, but it's flawlessly put together. This has been my favorite undergrad class.
I'm glad you liked your phys class/ professor. Mine had a suuuper thick Italian accent, which is really hard (at least for me) when you're Deaf. So that was a struggle. And then he mumble read off the Pearson, pre-created slides, and the tests were Pearson tests which we knew because he gave us the Pearson test banks. So I dreaded the class. My HS A&P professor/ class was amazing so I'm hoping that I can get back to that level of enthusiasm!

Nice! Coincidentally we had our respiratory and renal phys exams on the same day last month, and they definitely did not go that well for me...

Nice! Coincidentally we had our respiratory and renal phys exams on the same day last month, and they definitely did not go that well for me...

Well, this is an undergraduate course and you are in veterinary school! I'm certain your exam was much more challenging. But I love the respiratory stuff especially because at one of my jobs, we primarily run venous or arterial blood gases on our patients so it was neat to be begin understanding more about the partial pressures of gases in the body. It made some things click for me.

Ah, different profs for sure. Dr. parameswaran did a great job teaching renal for us

LOL.

My current email status:

630 with 280 unread in the inbox.
6,600 in deleted with 4000 marked unread

The little number next to my email on my phone is about to hit 5,000
When you get about 376 school emails a day... :lame:

I can't remember the last time I paid attention to my personal email, there just isn't time for both.

Did my first orthopedic surgery today....on a toad with a fracture!

Reactions: 15 users
I can't believe I'm writing this, but I somehow managed a 100% on the repro part of our last histophys test. I was actually above average on something vet school related for once. What. :wideyed::D

Granted, that part is only worth ~60 of the 180 total points, and the rest is GI phys which was far, far more difficult so I'm definitely not holding my breath for a great score on that, but hey. Finally, a small victory! I might order in pizza tonight as a reward. :)
That is so awesome, congrats!!

Going to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend with my boyfriend and his roommate and roommate's friends! :D So excited, been wanting to visit there for a while now! Last fun weekend before I start 4th year and before he goes to Honduras for a year.

My happiest rave in awhile: I'm done with clinics, graduate in a little over a month and now I'm sitting in the Amex lounge in DFW sipping on my free Chardonnay on my way home to Australia. It's been too long.

Reactions: 15 users