RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My emotionally disturbed, 20yo sister just quit her job to go to school full time, then decided to drop her CC class (giving he a second F and basically she will be dismissed), then wants to go back to an abusive boyfriend, won't take her meds or go to her doctors and somehow blames me and my parents! She is jealous I'm going off to college and have a great summer job (right now in Santa Fe for two weeks with my equine vet boss working a jumping show and getting to play polo on his horses). She says I have been handed everything by my parents. I can't get her to see I've worked my butt off to get scholarships, etc. to get into college and hopefully keep it all through vet school. She has been given every opportunity but finds reasons they are all awful. I can get why my parents are so frustrated with her. I'll be glad to be away at college! I wish my parents could get away too!

Members don't see this ad.

My emotionally disturbed, 20yo sister just quit her job to go to school full time, then decided to drop her CC class (giving he a second F and basically she will be dismissed), then wants to go back to an abusive boyfriend, won't take her meds or go to her doctors and somehow blames me and my parents! She is jealous I'm going off to college and have a great summer job (right now in Santa Fe for two weeks with my equine vet boss working a jumping show and getting to play polo on his horses). She says I have been handed everything by my parents. I can't get her to see I've worked my butt off to get scholarships, etc. to get into college and hopefully keep it all through vet school. She has been given every opportunity but finds reasons they are all awful. I can get why my parents are so frustrated with her. I'll be glad to be away at college! I wish my parents could get away too!
I'm sorry you're dealing with that, polo :(
You worked hard to get where you are! You deserve everything you have!!! I'm sorry she doesn't see that :(

(Also, I'm jealous of your jumping show job and getting to ride ponies)

Reactions: 1 user
Currently have an owner complaining about me after I recommended admitting their O2 dependent puppy with most likely severe pneumonia (vs like hemorrhage or something). They had $$$ concerns so I also offered euthanasia vs taking it with them Glad I had them actually sign the AMA paperwork since this is now coming back round to me. Was feeling burnt out and down enough lately given recent life events and this just put me in a worse mood.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just remember it's easier to blame someone else than it is to take responsibility for your choices. It sucks anyway, but it's not usually personal

Nope. Passed the case off to appropriate authorities, who will undoubtedly do nothing with it. Last I heard of it. Thankfully.
That's good! It sucks that the appropriate authorities won't do anything about it, but at least it seemed to blow over and the owners didn't do anything stupid.

Hi Dr. S. Thanks for asking. Still pretty sick and not eating. She's about five seconds from earning herself an esophagostomy tube. It's been a really long week.
Any news about your ailing cat ... or any dx?

I have been thinking about you and hoping things are better for your cat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news about your ailing cat ... or any dx?

I have been thinking about you and hoping things are better for your cat.
Hi Dr. S. She's doing so much better! She finally turned around on Sunday (longggg week for me). Thank you for asking!

Reactions: 8 users
If anyone has a crystal ball lying around (or other way to predict the future), I'd sure like to borrow it. Decisions are hard with there's no obvious right or wrong answer.

Reactions: 5 users
If anyone has a crystal ball lying around (or other way to predict the future), I'd sure like to borrow it. Decisions are hard with there's no obvious right or wrong answer.

No crystal ball, but I have a magic 8 ball and decision making dice if that helps...

Reactions: 3 users
No crystal balls, unfortunately. But, I can tell you which decision I'd make and then because I'm always wrong, just do the opposite!!! You might have luck with that!

First of all, not wanting to have sex does NOT make you what you said in your last sentence. I don't even want to repeat it because it isn't true.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with what you're feeling. While I don't know a whole lot about the topic, it sounds like you might align with asexuality. I'm so sorry that no one you've talked to has taken you seriously, but I'm glad that you have a community on this forum that you can open up to.

Reactions: 4 users
We have had two heat strokes victims in the last week where it was the owner's young (too young to be aware of the badness) child playing with the dog and leaving the dog shut in the car without an adult aware of it for hours. (Temps out here really only in the low 80s..... obviously hot 'nuff, but not really the blistering heat that makes normal people think of this kind of stuff.)

Both cases arrived from RDVMs after appropriate stabilization (yay GPs!), but seizuring and with evidence of DIC.

Screw heat stroke.

We have had two heat strokes victims in the last week where it was the owner's young (too young to be aware of the badness) child playing with the dog and leaving the dog shut in the car without an adult aware of it for hours. (Temps out here really only in the low 80s..... obviously hot 'nuff, but not really the blistering heat that makes normal people think of this kind of stuff.)

Both cases arrived from RDVMs after appropriate stabilization (yay GPs!), but seizuring and with evidence of DIC.

Screw heat stroke.
:( I've been keeping mine inside even though Lupin thinks it is punishment since it's been over 100 for a week straight.

Sandy, you are not a freak of nature! Sexuality is a fluid spectrum, and there is no right or wrong answer to how you should act when it comes to sex and relationships. I'm by no means an expert in the field, and I'm really bad at articulating my thoughts, but I am a firm believer that no matter your feelings pr preferences, if that's what makes you happy and satisfied, then rock on and screw the naysayers and those who knock you down for being different.

Reactions: 4 users
It's overused, but seriously, sexuality is a spectrum. Some people are on one end and want to **** anybody who moves, and unsurprisingly, there are people who live on the other end, too. And that's okay, and it doesn't make you any more of a freak than those who are hypersexual.

There's a stupid amount of pressure for people to pair off in this world, and that is simply not what is right for lots. Some would definitely be happier in poly situations but never learned that was an option, while others are simply happier on their own, or with occasional flings, or with someone who just satisfies emotional needs but not sexual. And again, any convolution of these is fine, and you just gotta learn to let people who don't agree with you to roll off your back.

Reactions: 7 users
I think the onion marmalade I was making burned :( Processed it anyway, hoping to salvage it, but I'll have to crack open a can tomorrow and taste test. Hope I don't have to start all over again. I was really looking forward to this

And yes, this is what the cool vets do on their Friday nights off. Can like an old lady, while drinking adult root beer and watching big bang theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You know the rule that if you google any symptom it tells you that you have cancer? Caveat to that. If you're a woman and you google any symptom you either have cancer or you're pregnant

Reactions: 9 users
You know the rule that if you google any symptom it tells you that you have cancer? Caveat to that. If you're a woman and you google any symptom you either have cancer or you're pregnant
unfortunately, this is true of most doctors, too (the preggers part)

Reduced all of my Spectrum services down to just internet... and like non-promotional retail price internet.

My bill came today and was $146 which was a $20 increase (again) over last month. I don't use On Demand channels and I don't have premium stations like HBO. I have 125 channels, 50mbps internet, and phone service (which was part of the package but I don't use because I have no home phone). I called and they lied to me about it being a "three step promotional" price where they just keep upping the service fees over a certain period of time. I have literally never been informed of that ever so I told the girl on the phone that's a bold face lie. My promotional price ended in 2016 and I've never heard my price thereafter ever referred to anything "promotional" in the half dozen or so times I've called in the last year. They tried to give me the $125 deal again and I had to inform them that was still too much and I had already called a month prior looking to reduce it.

After a good thirty minutes on the damn phone I was able to get what I wanted - just internet. They even tried to sell me the internet and phone package, which I had to remind the person for the fifth time that I DO NOT HAVE A HOME PHONE.

Promptly after the call ended my internet stopped working and I had to call again to get them to fix the connection. :rolleyes:

It's sad that you have to get rude and bitchy with people to get any traction.

At least I cut my bill from $146 to $65. Now I can look at streaming services for my TV and keep everything under $100.

I don't know what to do with my life right now. I'm too indecisive, it is stessing me out.

I also couldn't save this dog today and I'm sad.

Reactions: 2 users
There's nothing like spending time with couples to make you hate being single. #fifthwheel

Story of my life. I think I am the only single one of my friends from high school, college, vet school and work. It's great... If you ever need to vent, I have an open ear.

Last edited:
That sounds worthy of a colorful curse and a pour out for lost goodness. Anything salvageable?

I think I saved most of it. Can't say that there aren't any tiny glass shards but it looks like it mainly broke into giant pieces and didn't fly all over my kitchen.

I'm sorry Dvmd. That's rough.

I'm always a 3rd/5th/7th wheel. Even if I go out with a group of girl friends, I somehow end up the extra wheel. At this point, I've accepted the fact that I'm a professional 3rd wheel. :laugh:

I don't know what to do with my life right now. I'm too indecisive, it is stessing me out.

I also couldn't save this dog today and I'm sad.
Sending good thoughts to Doctor DVMDream.

Very sorry ... I think everyone knows that sad feeling.

Last edited:
Dear former-best-friend:

Ha ha look, I can ditch you for a guy too.

- Coquette who is being petty and knows it.
I love seeing posts from you because I always read it in Marik's YGOTAS voice :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
My doctor's office in RI keeps sending me notes about missing appointments that I haven't scheduled. I had one back in January which I had called and cancelled but they apparently didn't cancel it appropriately because I got a notice a few weeks later saying I missed my appointment. I never rescheduled it so I haven't missed anymore. It is now basically 8 months later and they are still sending me these passive aggressive type notes with the most recent saying I've missed or cancelled several appointments and that I will be asked to seek healthcare elsewhere.