Rank Boston programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-Tufts Lemuel Shattuck transitional year
-Brigham and Women's prelim medicine
-Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center prelim medicine
-Mount Auburn prelim medicine

I have slim pickins. Help me rank.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you also interview at Lahey? Or have you heard anything about Lahey?

Yes, I interviewed at Lahey and other boston programs. My goal is to have an easy intern year so I'm writing from that perspective.

Lahey--My overall impression is that Lahey is hard. Residents get in at 5:30-545 am and stay until 6 pm. They usually don't get to leave early on non-admitting days because there is so much stuff to do. I was left with the impression this is the highest acuity of all the programs I looked at. Strong liver center with very sick patients. Patients mostly english speaking and white. If residents live in the boston area, traffic can be 1+ hours to get home. On elective months, traffic also becomes an issue. Residents seemed stressed out.

Tufts TY--the months at lemuel seemed really great. Working with prisoners was a plus. The intern said sometimes he could leave around 2 pm on non-admitting days. However, the months at Tufts medical center seemed rough. They have a large clinical load in the SICU and are alone managing their patients. Seemed stressful. I also wasn't a fan of needing to travel between Lahey, Tufts and Lemuel. There's no convenient place to live!

Mt Auburn--I got a bread and butter medicine impression. Not super high acuity, not super easy, 12 hours days, standard wards. Residents seemed happy. Not much variation in the prelim year. They work 12 days on, 2 days off (not 6 on, 1 off), on the wards.

Does anybody have thoughts about the other Boston programs :
Newton Wellesley
Brockton/Signature
Steward Carney
MetroWest

Members don't see this ad :)
Any reviews about Metrowest TY?
I hope this is not too late but I really enjoyed interviewing at Metrowest. It is a diverse experience and honestly one of the most cush in Boston. The program director is fantastic and best interview I have ever had. You do need a car if you plan to live in Boston but the commute is easy as it is reverse of traffic, at least in the am. One can also chose to live in Framingham which is cheap and scenic, but obvs not Boston. I am not sure why they didn't fill all spots last year as they always have seemed to in the past..