Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, but at least you've been thinking of something other than freaking out right? ;)
Oh I'm not freaking out! I'm so ready for it! But I did get my hair cut today! So you gotta be excited about that!

And yes, I was parked. I'm picking up my post op meds and the line for CVS is ridiculous

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Squeaksmom ... I followed your instructions and double-clicked on your user name from the drop-down of choices. Did it tag you?
Nope, but I'm glad to see you got it sorted :)

Mastiff won world's ugliest dog competition. Not the most gorgeous dog but looked fine enough imo. Though really the contest should be renamed to world's second ugliest dog competition, cause that crown forever belongs to one breed: Chinese Cresteds.

Reactions: 4 users
Mastiff won world's ugliest dog competition. Not the most gorgeous dog but looked fine enough imo. Though really the contest should be renamed to world's second ugliest dog competition, cause that crown forever belongs to one breed: Chinese Cresteds.
aww I love good looking cresteds! They look like tiny horses!

Reactions: 1 user
Aw, I like mastiffs :(

Reactions: 3 users
Chinese crested are adorable and you clearly have no soul for thinking they're ugly.

Reactions: 1 users
SEE THEY'RE ADORABLE
IMG_3734.JPG

Members don't see this ad :)
The second floor look out at the patios is amusing. My two neighbors own their condos and I'm renting mine. One side has literally not touched a single weed since he moved in two years ago. There is also nothing but weeds on his patio. No furniture. No bike. No miscellaneous outdoor crap.

The other side is a family of four with lots of dogs and cats who has a patio that is cluttered with junk. Bikes. Lots of furniture. Lots of weeds. Lots of little piles of dog ****.

This is why I will kindly tell the condo association to piss off if they ever send me a warning letter about patio weeds.

So I saw a link somewhere and decided to look at the winner. She definitely wasn't even all that ugly so idk why she won

image.jpeg

Look at those jowlssssss

Here's second place

image.jpeg

He is a snuggle bug. That has been the hardest part of chemo--making sure during the "48 hour I am toxic and you can't lick me" period that we do not go skin to skin. I have to make sure that there is always cloth between us--and he is super snuggly then, he knows I am not feeling well

Reactions: 1 user
I grew up with a Bull Mastiff, named Winney. He was my protector, my nanny, my horse, and my bed on more than one occasion! He loved armadillos to play with. He never killed one, just played with it!

There are a lot that are the result of bad breeding/backyard/puppy mills. My baby came from a marginal place--(I don't think that both branches are supposed to share a grandmother, but I may be wrong) But I have too seen some that are so sweet, but on the more homely side!

My microwave died yesterday. :(

That thing has been with me for ten years through undergrad, grad school, and beyond. She was a good microwave. Lots of memories and stuff. The best memory is the origin story.

Back in 2007, I decided to live off campus in a house with four other people. One girl brought a microwave that she tried to pass off as new (maybe in like '92). I used the microwave a lot and that "new" microwave was basically a useless brick with no wattage. My parents ended up buying a nice 1000 watt microwave for the house. Initially the girl who owned the crappy microwave didn't say anything but after some time I found out through her blog postings that she was seething with offense that I had gotten a new microwave for the house. I thought that was hilarious. Of all the things to take personal offense over, she chose that, a working microwave. Over that year, the other roommates and I would learn how unhinged that girl was through many more instances of strange and frequently quarrelsome behavior.

Rest in Peace, Microwave

(I took advantage of Amazon Prime Day to get a new one.)

Reactions: 6 users
My microwave died yesterday. :(

That thing has been with me for ten years through undergrad, grad school, and beyond. She was a good microwave. Lots of memories and stuff. The best memory is the origin story.

Back in 2007, I decided to live off campus in a house with four other people. One girl brought a microwave that she tried to pass off as new (maybe in like '92). I used the microwave a lot and that "new" microwave was basically a useless brick with no wattage. My parents ended up buying a nice 1000 watt microwave for the house. Initially the girl who owned the crappy microwave didn't say anything but after some time I found out through her blog postings that she was seething with offense that I had gotten a new microwave for the house. I thought that was hilarious. Of all the things to take personal offense over, she chose that, a working microwave. Over that year, the other roommates and I would learn how unhinged that girl was through many more instances of strange and frequently quarrelsome behavior.

Rest in Peace, Microwave

(I took advantage of Amazon Prime Day to get a new one.)
I can't imagine someone complaining about that on their blog :laugh:

I hope your new microwave serves you as well as your old one!

I can't imagine someone complaining about that on their blog :laugh:

I hope your new microwave serves you as well as your old one!

I attribute these comments to her coming up really short on her "reasons I hate my roommates" list. By the time she wrote that she was basically not communicating with any of us or paying her bills.

Six kittens named after Big Bank Theory characters came into the clinic today to be neutered and spayed. The males were lined up in a row and can you guess which one was neutered first?

Howard of course!

Whenever I visit my grandpa he makes us watch a random, boring sport. When I came today he was looking for women's golf. Luckily he couldn't find it so now we're watching 2015 Tour de France. That's an improvement right??

Whenever I visit my grandpa he makes us watch a random, boring sport. When I came today he was looking for women's golf. Luckily he couldn't find it so now we're watching 2015 Tour de France. That's an improvement right??
The Tour can be interesting, but like, usually only near the end of a stage :laugh:

The Tour can be interesting, but like, usually only near the end of a stage :laugh:
Haha at least the scenery is nice. Now we're watching NASCAR though...

Stoked for Game of Thrones. That is all.

Thoroughly cleaned the rabbits' pen this afternoon and all of their little rabbity accoutrements as they looked on in horror from their outside pen. They don't like it when I clean their pen and rearrange all of their ****. This is them lounging in their litter box in protest of the changes.

rabbits.jpg

Anyone have experience with streaming TV services like Sling TV? I'm tried of paying for channels and services I'm not using through Spectrum and they won't negotiate down to a reasonable price... and they ended their contracts with two of the channels I enjoyed watching.