Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trying to book a last minute-ish vacation trip. Anyone flown allegiant air? They are the only airline offering direct flights, and at a price tag that's $500 cheaper than all of the other airlines, even after taking into account all the fees.

Members don't see this ad.

I want a tattoo to celebrate being done with vet school but I can't find anything appropriate for the occasion that I like

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want a tattoo to celebrate being done with vet school but I can't find anything appropriate for the occasion that I like
I think this ones pretty good.

Futurama-Tattoos-9.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Personal opinion, but what about something small somewhere you can see it? Like a wrist or ankle?
Yeah I thought about it but I'm not into tattoos in those locations as much. I have considered the collar bone area but I feel like that is much more in your face

Reactions: 1 user
I've always wanted a shoulder tattoo on my back but could never decide what I wanted. I like the ear location but I have too much going on with my ears, piercing wise now

I've always wanted a shoulder tattoo on my back but could never decide what I wanted. I like the ear location but I have too much going on with my ears, piercing wise now
I have a very large kestral tattoo on my back/right shoulder. So no go there lol. I have a lot of ear piercings as well but I thought a tiny tattoo would compliment them nicely

Members don't see this ad :)
Was there a specific patient or case that meant the most to you in vet school? I remember you posting about a LA vet you worked with for a few weeks. I'm picturing a tiny cow behind your ear and I think it would be really cool, but I don't read minds. :p

Was there a specific patient or case that meant the most to you in vet school? I remember you posting about a LA vet you worked with for a few weeks. I'm picturing a tiny cow behind your ear and I think it would be really cool, but I don't read minds. :p
If it was a specific patient it would be the golden retriever. We lost her but I did chest compressions for a long time... she was such a great dog

I don't know. I thought about the veterinary symbol but I don't love that idea

If you're looking for something little that can go behind your ear, what about some paw prints? (I'm not sure how I feel about one of these being a little heart, but I do like that they end in a cat silhouette)

9d2b43b44e03b2f9eba59af4d8f3d8d6.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
ImageUploadedBySDN1492988145.565665.jpg

I did one half sleeve of patients that influenced me getting into (and actually going this time!) vet school. I plan to do the other side when I actually graduate and pass my boards. Maybe a little overkill but they each have something important they remind me of.

I love the tiny ones though, especially the silhouettes and abstract geometrics

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
You guys are making me want another tattoo :arghh: I love the paw print idea! I want a paw print or a couple ones somewhere, but wasn't sure where. Liking the behind the ear thing...

I want a tattoo. Husband and I are tossing around the idea as a 10 year anniversary thing. Not matching because that's silly and we wouldn't want the same thing, but maybe with a date included so it's significant.

I'm totally chicken **** though so. Talk me into it. Probably mid back or to one side...

I want a tattoo. Husband and I are tossing around the idea as a 10 year anniversary thing. Not matching because that's silly and we wouldn't want the same thing, but maybe with a date included so it's significant.

I'm totally chicken **** though so. Talk me into it. Probably mid back or to one side...

I've got two tattoos now. It really doesn't hurt much at all...just a deep scratch feeling. Once you get one, it is hard to not want more.

Hello are there any top schools that have really high acceptance rates for Dental schools?

EDIT: Asked about VIN usernames but should have searched first. Looks like full names are shown with each post so username doesn't matter. More info here for anyone curious.

Last edited:
I was in the middle of a conference on STI's this afternoon when I heard about the Columbus Zoo euthanizing its male polar bear, Nanuq. He was my favorite old man bear and I loved helping to feed him and the sister bears when I interned there. I loved watching him take his midday swim and nap. My supervisor was sitting next to me and, apparently, didn't understand that I'd actually worked with him and his keepers so she derailed the conversation into a talk about animals she liked at the zoo and zoonotic TB transmission between keepers and elephants. Ordinarily, I'm all for talking about zoonotic infections, but not at that moment. :(

I was in the middle of a conference on STI's this afternoon when I heard about the Columbus Zoo euthanizing its male polar bear, Nanuq. He was my favorite old man bear and I loved helping to feed him and the sister bears when I interned there. I loved watching him take his midday swim and nap. My supervisor was sitting next to me and, apparently, didn't understand that I'd actually worked with him and his keepers so she derailed the conversation into a talk about animals she liked at the zoo and zoonotic TB transmission between keepers and elephants. Ordinarily, I'm all for talking about zoonotic infections, but not at that moment. :(
**hugs**

:( So sad

I am filling out an application for a mentor, and the question "What are your personal interests/hobbies?" is asked. I realized that I don't really have anything to put there that is worthy. Somehow I don't think Netflix and The Sims is going to make me seem like an intellectual.

Reactions: 4 users