Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I submit my application, will I be able to add schools later if I want to?

For example, I currently am applying to 5 schools. Depending on how my DAT score comes along (possibly early July or late June), I may need to add a few more schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If I submit my application, will I be able to add schools later if I want to?

For example, I currently am applying to 5 schools. Depending on how my DAT score comes along (possibly early July or late June), I may need to add a few more schools.

Yeah you just add a program and do an individual submit. You'll get billed $99 for each additional school but once your main app is in u can add any school at a time

Members don't see this ad :)
1. On DCG's app it states "All applicants applying to The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University are required to complete the “Disadvantaged Consideration” section of the ADEA AADSAS application."....what is the Disadvantaged Consideration portion?

2. If I haven't taken anatomy yet, but plan to in the spring of 2018, should I list that as a planned course even though I have not signed up for it nor is it on my transcript?

Submitting my application on the 21st.
I ordered my transcripts to be sent on the 9th, but my school has yet to send them out (calling them tomorrow).
Taking DAT first or second week of July.

Can someone please tell me I'm not late for the process? I'm REALLY starting to stress with my transcripts not being sent, still working on ps, and have yet to take the DAT. My online app will for sure be submitted by 21st though.

Submitting my application on the 21st.
I ordered my transcripts to be sent on the 9th, but my school has yet to send them out (calling them tomorrow).
Taking DAT first or second week of July.

Can someone please tell me I'm not late for the process? I'm REALLY starting to stress with my transcripts not being sent, still working on ps, and have yet to take the DAT. My online app will for sure be submitted by 21st though.

You'll be fine. Just take the DAT as soon as you can. I took it on July 28th last cycle and that was a mistake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You'll be fine. Just take the DAT as soon as you can. I took it on July 28th last cycle and that was a mistake.

I'm originally planned for June 27th, but my scores aren't where I want them to be. So I'm postponing minimum by a week but no later than the 10th. Thanks for the kind advice. I really hope I'll be as fine as you say. Stress levels are rising

I'm originally planned for June 27th, but my scores aren't where I want them to be. So I'm postponing minimum by a week but no later than the 10th. Thanks for the kind advice. I really hope I'll be as fine as you say. Stress levels are rising

What practice tests are you using?

What practice tests are you using?

Bootcamp. I haven't taken any actual full length practice tests, but I have taken bc subject tests. For GC, OC, Bio, I am averaging 22, 20, 19, respectively (the average was taken from 5 subject tests for each). For PAT, took two practice test and am getting 17 on both.

Last edited:
Got a few questions before I submit!

1.) My transcripts arrived about two weeks ago, but they haven't been verified. Is that a process that happens post submission?

2.) For those who were awarded FAP, my total submission costs still reflect the full cost. I am told that I get to designate which schools I'm using the FAP for and will receive an adjusted total JUST prior to checkout. Is this true?

3.) Can letters of evaluation be uploaded post-submission? I have a letter I'm waiting on from the dentist I shadowed, but I have to submit my application by the 23rd if I want my FAP. (I already have three LoE from Science instructors)

1.) My transcripts arrived about two weeks ago, but they haven't been verified. Is that a process that happens post submission?

2.) For those who were awarded FAP, my total submission costs still reflect the full cost. I am told that I get to designate which schools I'm using the FAP for and will receive an adjusted total JUST prior to checkout. Is this true?

3.) Can letters of evaluation be uploaded post-submission? I have a letter I'm waiting on from the dentist I shadowed, but I have to submit my application by the 23rd if I want my FAP. (I already have three LoE from Science instructors)

1.) It takes 1-4 weeks to verify your transcripts so you're good. There's nothing you can do now you just gotta wait. If they say they received them and that they're verifying them you're good.

2.) No answer for this question.

3.) Yes in most cases letters will come after you submit. You can always resend an email to remind your profs that they have to submit (it'll send them a link where they submit the letters). But make sure you request the letters before you submit. In your case you already requested so you're good. Submit your application when you're ready. the letters can come whenever

1.) It takes 1-4 weeks to verify your transcripts so you're good. There's nothing you can do now you just gotta wait. If they say they received them and that they're verifying them you're good.

2.) No answer for this question.

3.) Yes in most cases letters will come after you submit. You can always resend an email to remind your profs that they have to submit (it'll send them a link where they submit the letters). But make sure you request the letters before you submit. In your case you already requested so you're good. Submit your application when you're ready. the letters can come whenever

In the case of #1, should I believe I can submit prior to verification right?

and in the case of #3 I have it requested on interfolio, not through the ADEA AADSAS portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the case of #1, should I believe I can submit prior to verification right?

and in the case of #3 I have it requested on interfolio, not through the ADEA AADSAS portal.

From what I understand, verification does not happen until after you submit your application and pay the fees. It makes sense because they don't want to waste their time verifying your transcripts if you're never going to pay them.

#2: You might be looking at the price when you click on "Submit Application" which also tripped me up but when you actually go to submit it should deduct the amount you received in assistance. So yes, it is right before you submit. You also don't really designate because all schools cost the same it's just the order you add schools to submit, if that makes sense.

Anyone know what's included in Roseman's "3.0 science gpa" in the last 30 credits requirement? And will they notify you if you don't meet it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For the transcript entry. Uconn made every freshman take a 1 credit seminar class UNIV 1800.
I dont know what subject to label this class as, right now i have it selected as test credit-no subject.
Does anyone know what to label a class like this? Thanks

I have 100 hours of shadow experience outside of the dentistry that corresponded with a research paper I did for my senior capstone project. I want to at least put the shadow experience on the application somewhere because I believe it could be beneficial to show that I have experience outside of dental and factoring that in decided that dentistry was the best fit. Any thoughts on how I should input that on the application? Im assuming not research because it wasn't really considered formal/new research just more so a research paper based on the experience.

For the transcript entry. Uconn made every freshman take a 1 credit seminar class UNIV 1800.
I dont know what subject to label this class as, right now i have it selected as test credit-no subject.
Does anyone know what to label a class like this? Thanks
I think I listed a similar class as like "Special Studies"... Don't sweat it though, they may change it how they see fit, which really is nbd when it's not a super important class

I have a question about Evaluations. Here it says:
"In the ADEA AADSAS application, the applicant should list the individuals who will write letters and the format each evaluator will use, and check the appropriate box to indicate if the letter is a committee letter/report."

Where should I list which format each evaluator will use??

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 2.12.09 PM.png

I have a question about Evaluations. Here it says:
"In the ADEA AADSAS application, the applicant should list the individuals who will write letters and the format each evaluator will use, and check the appropriate box to indicate if the letter is a committee letter/report."

Where should I list which format each evaluator will use??

View attachment 220497

It is simply asking you to choose between a committee or individual letter. If you are utilizing a committee letter then it will use up 3 out of your 4 spaces. This means that you could only upload 1 committee and 1 individual letter. If you are not utilizing a committee letter, then you can upload up to 4 individual letters.

How are people going about the vague supplemental questions of basically "Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you."
Is this a time to bring up a flaw in your application? Your strengths? Or is it more for those who have a major break in their education and everyone else should leave it be?
It's so general that I'm a little confused how to go about it.

How are people going about the vague supplemental questions of basically "Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you."
Is this a time to bring up a flaw in your application? Your strengths? Or is it more for those who have a major break in their education and everyone else should leave it be?
It's so general that I'm a little confused how to go about it.
Yeah definitely the spot for explaining smth negative in ur application. Or maybe smth important in your childhood/upbringing that had a strong effect on u and was not discussed in the PS. don't just repeat the info you give in PS or somewhere else. Also, if you have a very high grades/ DAT don't just write how much you enjoy studying/how good you are at memorizing etc. it'll just make you look super arrogant. I think I added that some volunteering that I did in college I started doing when I was in middle schools and I added smth else as well but I forget...oh that I'll be graduating with honors (since it doesn't say anywhere that I'm enrolled in an honors programs at my school)

Reactions: 1 user
It is simply asking you to choose between a committee or individual letter. If you are utilizing a committee letter then it will use up 3 out of your 4 spaces. This means that you could only upload 1 committee and 1 individual letter. If you are not utilizing a committee letter, then you can upload up to 4 individual letters.

Let's say I am choosing individual letters. So when I send requests out, do professors get an email, which says they have a choice to compete request by email or mail?? Are instructions clear enough regarding how letters should be uploaded or sent by email? I am a little bit anxious because one of my professors is older, and not sure if he can work it out through email.

Yeah definitely the spot for explaining smth negative in ur application. Or maybe smth important in your childhood/upbringing that had a strong effect on u and was not discussed in the PS. don't just repeat the info you give in PS or somewhere else. Also, if you have a very high grades/ DAT don't just write how much you enjoy studying/how good you are at memorizing etc. it'll just make you look super arrogant. I think I added that some volunteering that I did in college I started doing when I was in middle schools and I added smth else as well but I forget...oh that I'll be graduating with honors (since it doesn't say anywhere that I'm enrolled in an honors programs at my school)
Yeah definitely wasn't thinking about bragging about grades/DAT/studying lol they can see that on their own on AADSAS. It's just a double-edged sword, nice that it's vague because gives some freedom, but also don't want to like bring up an insecurity on the app that they might not think is a big deal... Thanks for your example though! Be happy to hear anyone else's thoughts too!

Yeah definitely wasn't thinking about bragging about grades/DAT/studying lol they can see that on their own on AADSAS. It's just a double-edged sword, nice that it's vague because gives some freedom, but also don't want to like bring up an insecurity on the app that they might not think is a big deal... Thanks for your example though! Be happy to hear anyone else's thoughts too!
Yeah. I was kinda infuriated with these vaguely open questions. Personally, I only see these questions as an opportunity to give away red flags. I hope I am wrong. I was filling out NYU supplemental and then just removed them from my application completely. Will take my time to answer NYU's questions and then send an app there way. I submitted today and I'll answer the supplementals when I'm fully ready, and I think you should too. Try to take them as seriously as you can, but be genuine as well!

I was posting to ask what to do about my DAT date. I put on my application that I am going to take the DAT on the 27th of June, but I am postponing somewhere in July but not sure exactly when. This isn't really a big deal that they have my incorrect to take the DAT test date right?

I don't have any questions, i am just so MAD right now. I sent in my transcript 2.5 weeks ago, still not received this morning. So i called aadsas and they told me they never received it in the mail so i need to send it AGAIN! I called the university to see what's up and they said they sent it on the same day I requested it but was never "acknowledged" by the recipient. I am SURE my transcript got lost in the process. So much for applying early, now i have to wait for another 10 business days. F aadsas, the mailing service, and my university. I am tired of this BS.

I don't have any questions, i am just so MAD right now. I sent in my transcript 2.5 weeks ago, still not received this morning. So i called aadsas and they told me they never received it in the mail so i need to send it AGAIN! I called the university to see what's up and they said they sent it on the same day I requested it but was never "acknowledged" by the recipient. I am SURE my transcript got lost in the process. So much for applying early, now i have to wait for another 10 business days. F aadsas, the mailing service, and my university. I am tired of this BS.

Bra, chill.
I ordered my transcript to be sent out on a June 9th. Know when they sent it out? This morning. While it isn't pleasant news it's not the end of the world. You're still in good shape just get on it and send them out asap.

How do schools know which letters are from science or chem or bio professors. This year it does not specify in the application when you put the professors email in.

One question I have is about matching pre-requisites. Many schools require microbiology, which I will be taking second semester of my senior year. On the transcript matching section, do I add microbiology to second semester (I currently don't have anything entered for my second semester, as I don't know all the classes I will take)? Or do I opt not to add a course to that pre-requisite?

What would you guys label an independent study on the transcript entry? It was labeled EEB(ecology and evolutionary biology) by my school. Should i just keep it as that?

Let's say I am choosing individual letters. So when I send requests out, do professors get an email, which says they have a choice to compete request by email or mail?? Are instructions clear enough regarding how letters should be uploaded or sent by email? I am a little bit anxious because one of my professors is older, and not sure if he can work it out through email.

No idea what the email says that gets sent to the professors. All I know is that they have to "accept" your request by creating an ADEA AADSAS log in before they can upload their LOR. Not even sure if there's an option to mail the letter in.

From what I understand most, if not all schools, accept three letters of evaluation/recommendation. I happen to have three from previous science instructors and one from the dentist I've shadowed for a total of four. I have just submitted my ADEA AADSAS, but what determines which letters get chosen for actual review by adcoms?

What is interfolio? All i did to submit my LOR from my committee letter which is 3 pages long itself which includes ( 4 science, 2 non science, 1 volunteer at a hospital, 1 medlife, 1 dentist, 1 hospital internship ) was click add an evaluation and my advisor submitted and it says completed on 6/19/2017? Do I have to make a interfolio account and pay? I am so confused. Thanks so much for whoever understands this in advance lol!

Attachments

• EvaluationLORComplete.PNG
    EvaluationLORComplete.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 49
What is interfolio? All i did to submit my LOR from my committee letter which is 3 pages long itself which includes ( 4 science, 2 non science, 1 volunteer at a hospital, 1 medlife, 1 dentist, 1 hospital internship ) was click add an evaluation and my advisor submitted and it says completed on 6/19/2017? Do I have to make a interfolio account and pay? I am so confused. Thanks so much for whoever understands this in advance lol!
Interfolio is a website where you can store LOR. People made an Interfolio account if they were gathering letters years, months, weeks in advance, because then they can just send it directly from Interfolio to AADSAS. Kind of handy if you've graduated and may lose access to professors, or if there's doubt that the writer will get it in on time, since you can give them an earlier due date instead of getting screwed by waiting on slowpokes.
If you requested via AADSAS and they uploaded it, then you are good to go and don't have to give Interfolio a second thought!

Reactions: 1 users
I apologize in advance, if this question has been asked already. For the experiences/achievements part, should I type in paragraphs or is bullet pointing okay? I typed it like it is on my resume. Should I change that?

Also, regarding the schools with secondaries.. they can't be submitted unless they are done.. correct? because the button is greyed out. So do we complete it, submit, then pay the fees for supplemental apps??

Last edited:
I apologize in advance, if this question has been asked already. For the experiences/achievements part, should I type in paragraphs or is bullet pointing okay? I typed it like it is on my resume. Should I change that?

Also, regarding the schools with secondaries.. they can't be submitted unless they are done.. correct? because the button is greyed out. So do we complete it, submit, then pay the fees for supplemental apps??

If you're talking about the Program Materials section of the ADEA AADSAS where you enter in prereqs for each of your chosen schools, then yes. It's not considered complete until you answer those questions.

If you're talking about the Program Materials section of the ADEA AADSAS where you enter in prereqs for each of your chosen schools, then yes. It's not considered complete until you answer those questions.

Thank you! so after i answer the questions under program materials, I can submit, and they will send me an email to pay the fee?

Another question I have.. I set a deadline for one of the evaluators for June 25th, but he just informed me that he will not be able to upload the rec until the second week of July, and since I had already submitted the app for some schools, I cannot edit the due date.. will it still be okay if he uploads the rec late, past the due date??

Another question I have.. I set a deadline for one of the evaluators for June 25th, but he just informed me that he will not be able to upload the rec until the second week of July, and since I had already submitted the app for some schools, I cannot edit the due date.. will it still be okay if he uploads the rec late, past the due date??
schools won't consider your application until after that letter gets in. however, you're not late. You can maybe write an email, explain the effort you've put into getting your app early, and ask him if there's any way he can do it earlier. same situation ehre really. i've been done sine 06/19 but I'm still waiting on the committee letter (hopefully next week sometimes)

Thank you! so after i answer the questions under program materials, I can submit, and they will send me an email to pay the fee?

So after you complete your ADEA AADSAS application via the portal (Letters of Evaluation, Personal Statement, Supplemental Questions, Transcript Entry, ETC) and pay to have this submitted, some schools will require you to pay an additional processing fee directly. Other schools have additional supplemental application requirements, for example:

UNC: Had supplemental questions on ADEA AADSAS, also has supplemental questions on their own portal, requires their own processing fee outside of ADEA AADSAS
UCLA: Had supplemental questions on ADEA AADSAS, requires the payment of a processing fee after notification. Not sure if there are additional supplemental questions involved.
UoP: No supplemental questions on ADEA AADSAS (Other than very very basic questions), requires the payment of a processing fee to consider reviewing your application.
PENN: No supplemental questions on ADEA AADSAS, requires the payment of a processing fee and a supplemental application to be mailed directly to them.

I'd say just check with each individual school. Most schools have this information about actual supplemental information in the Program Materials page under the home tab, but be mindful and check on their actual websites as well.

Whoops, accidentally made a quote/reply instead of editing my original post.

Just curious, has anyone's application been mailed-out/sent to schools yet? As in they have transcripts, LOR and verified GPA completed? My application is complete and all my supporting materials are in. My status on the portal says they are "verifying" my transcripts, but I'm curious what the actual processing timeline is looking like once everything is in? I know they say 4-6 weeks, but last year around this time some said it took anywhere from 9-12 days. Has anyone had their's 100% completed and sent out? If so how long did it take?

Just curious, has anyone's application been mailed-out/sent to schools yet? As in they have transcripts, LOR and verified GPA completed? My application is complete and all my supporting materials are in. My status on the portal says they are "verifying" my transcripts, but I'm curious what the actual processing timeline is looking like once everything is in? I know they say 4-6 weeks, but last year around this time some said it took anywhere from 9-12 days. Has anyone had their's 100% completed and sent out? If so how long did it take?
Mine has been sent out and is 100% done. It took about a week for verification and a week or so for reception

Yeah, many of mine are "under review" now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Mines 100% done and it took about a week to verify transcripts. Then over the next few days schools notified me that they had received my application. A few of the schools are still listed as not receiving my application but that just might be because they do the process a little slower than other schools.

For NYU secondary fee, do I just mail the check straight to the address listed? BUUUUT how would they know that is MY check? Do I send a cover letter with my AADSAS ID or something?

For NYU secondary fee, do I just mail the check straight to the address listed? BUUUUT how would they know that is MY check? Do I send a cover letter with my AADSAS ID or something?

Yeah either write it on your check or just include a note (alike I did) with your AADSAS I'd on it

Hi, I have a question about the release statement what that means in personal information. Should I choose it if I am not applying right now?
Also, under Biographic information. Birth information. Do I choose the country I live in now or the country I was born in.