MCAT Raffle - Prep Course Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePrincetonReview

Test Prep Exhibitor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Raffle – Prep Course Scholarship: ..The Princeton Review will be giving away a ½ Course Scholarship (Value Up to $999) to a lucky user. Enter here: .SDN Test Prep Week - The Princeton Review Raffle Entry Form

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The link doesn't seem to be working.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is the link asking me to log into outlook?
Can the scholarship be combined with any offers or current discounts?

Does the online course (not the liveonline one) include all the course materials/videos as a regular classroom course?

Does the online course (not the liveonline one) include all the course materials/videos as a regular classroom course?

Actually, The Princeton Review does not offer a regular online course. Here are the options that we do offer:

• .MCAT Small Group Instruction..- Offers the structure of our prep course and the flexibility of private tutoring. A program that's built around you – you pick the schedule and location. You can form your own group, or let us match you with other students who have similar goals. .
  • .MCAT LiveOnline ..– Mirrors the classroom experience in a convenient state of the art virtual interactive setting. Experience the full benefit of our Hyperlearning MCAT course from the comfort and convenience of your home, dorm or office. .
  • .MCAT Private Tutoring.. - The most effective, convenient and flexible prep program available. We'll select a tutor who best matches your individual needs and send them to you. .
  • .MCAT Verbal Accelerator LiveOnline.. - .. Helps you sharpen your reading comprehension skills and raise your score in the MCAT Verbal Reasoning section...Med school admission committees tend to weigh the Verbal section heavily, so it’s important to get your best score. .

I already registered for the course that starts in May. Can I still apply?

How does this course differ from the MCAT Essentials course?

How does this course differ from the MCAT Essentials course?

We do not have an MCAT Essentials Course.

These are the courses that we do offer:

MCAT Small Group Instruction- Offers the structure of our prep course and the flexibility of private tutoring. A program that's built around you – you pick the schedule and location. You can form your own group, or let us match you with other students who have similar goals.
MCAT LiveOnline – Mirrors the classroom experience in a convenient state of the art virtual interactive setting. Experience the full benefit of our Hyperlearning MCAT course from the comfort and convenience of your home, dorm or office.
MCAT Private Tutoring - The most effective, convenient and flexible prep program available. We'll select a tutor who best matches your individual needs and send them to you.
MCAT Verbal Accelerator LiveOnline - Helps you sharpen your reading comprehension skills and raise your score in the MCAT Verbal Reasoning section.Med school admission committees tend to weigh the Verbal section heavily, so it’s important to get your best score.

How much does a typical course cost and is all the information you need to succeed for the MCAT provided in this course? How many practice exams are available for students?

You can see the prices at www.princetonreview.com

Yes, all the material you need to succeed on the MCAT is provided. When I took the prep course, I had not had half of the physics or bio material, yet I managed to ge a 13 on Bio and an 11 on Physical Sciences.

As for the practice test, you have access to a total of 19 (8 AAMC and 11 TPR).

TPR hands down, offers the best prep course available for the MCAT.

Last edited:
You can see the prices at www.princetonreview.com

Yes, all the material you need to succeed on the MCAT is provided. When I took the prep course, I had not had half of the physics or bio material, yet I managed to ge a 13 on Bio and an 11 on Physical Sciences.

As for the practice test, you have access to a total of 19 (8 AAMC and 11 TPR).

TPR hands down, offers the best prep course available for the MCAT.

Thanks for the info! I was really worried about prepping for the MCAT because I won't have finished all my physics or chem courses yet. I really hope the prep course helps me out as much as it did for you.

What do people who have taken the the course say about it?

How much does a typical course cost and is all the information you need to succeed for the MCAT provided in this course? How many practice exams are available for students?

Our Hyperlearning Classroom Course ranges from $1899 - $1999 and our LiveOnline Course is $1799. And yes, you will get all the info you need to succeed – content review, strategy/methods, materials, practice testing & analysis, amazing instruction, online resources, office hours, etc – all of it is included in the price.

We provide you unlimited access to The Princeton Review’s 11 full-length practice exams plus all 8 AAMC practice MCATs so if you complete all 19, you should be confident in the score you will get. This does not include the online drills and books (if you added up all the passages/questions, would cover over 40 MCAT exams in total).

What do people who have taken the the course say about it?

Ask your friends! I can give you a list of testimonials but they would be from people you don’t know. In my 15 years with TPR, I have heard so many great things from students- they loved their instructors, appreciated the rigorous content and strategy review, very happy with all the practice tests and analysis, etc. The list goes on. Overall, people truly like our course and feel the benefit from it. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss specifics – 888-758-7737 x5017.

We do not have an MCAT Essentials Course.

These are the courses that we do offer:

MCAT Small Group Instruction- Offers the structure of our prep course and the flexibility of private tutoring. A program that's built around you – you pick the schedule and location. You can form your own group, or let us match you with other students who have similar goals.
MCAT LiveOnline – Mirrors the classroom experience in a convenient state of the art virtual interactive setting. Experience the full benefit of our Hyperlearning MCAT course from the comfort and convenience of your home, dorm or office.
MCAT Private Tutoring - The most effective, convenient and flexible prep program available. We'll select a tutor who best matches your individual needs and send them to you.
MCAT Verbal Accelerator LiveOnline - Helps you sharpen your reading comprehension skills and raise your score in the MCAT Verbal Reasoning section.Med school admission committees tend to weigh the Verbal section heavily, so it’s important to get your best score.

Maybe that was a special arrangement thing. I figured it was simply an unadvertised option local offices could use. Maybe it was a special-tailored option.

This might seem like a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway. I have heard that it is a good idea to study by your self and then take a review course such as TPR, and the MCATS, or any other exam straight away. In your opinion is that a good approach ?

Sorry, I don't exactly understand your question. Do you mean to ask whether it's advised to first self study, then take a prep course, then take an exam, all consecutively? For any prep class, you're supposed to add in personal studying in addition to class. It would probably be wise to read the section before and after class. If you self study before the course, it really depends on the time frame. Dragging out your total studying time to 6+ months isn't as good as you might forget stuff. It's a good idea to take the exam right after your prep so the material is fresh. The study method for each exam is different, so this is my opinion for the mcat only.

TPR guarantees "up to 1 year to reddeem free repeat course." Does it mean that you get 1 year from the day you were 1st enrolled in the previous MCAT course? Also, heheh, how many times are we allowed to take the repeat course? And are there any hidden fees we should be aware of, or is it COMPLETELY free? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.