Medical Raffle Item: Personal Statement Editing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Enter to win personal statement editing with MedEdits' editors! MedEdits will be giving away one personal statement editing package that includes two revisions of your personal statement!

MedEdits offers a unique, intensive "double read" process for all editing services. Two professional editors and writers with at least 10 years of experience review and edit every document. All of our editors are also trained in the art of medical admissions by Dr. Jessica Freedman. MedEdits is not a generic "essay editing" company; we focus solely on medical admissions.

Services must be used within one year.

Members don't see this ad.

How does the package work?

I submit my personal statement, you return it with edits and suggestions, I revise it, and send it to you one more time?

Thanks

@DrFLAGATORS: You are correct; you send us a rough draft, two writing/editing professionals review and edit your document, we send it back to you, and the process is then repeated.

Thank you for participating in Test Prep Week. I hope to be able to use this service. I already own Dr. Freedman's book on interviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will you explain the logic behind your modifications, assuming they were not just simple grammer changes, or wording, etc.

Will you explain the logic behind your modifications, assuming they were not just simple grammer changes, or wording, etc.

Since all services are individualized, there is no uniform "logic" to explain MedEdits' approach. Our editors will not only modify grammar, wording, etc., but also make suggestions to improve essay content. Each editing service includes two revisions. You will work closely with your editor until your service is complete. We do not compose documents for clients.

How do I enter the raffle for personal statement editing and what are the mechanics?

You officially enter the raffle by posting here!

Thank you for a fast response. Who would want to pass on a rare opportunity like this? I would not miss this chance.
I need all the help I can get to have a memorable personal statement.

Who are the editors and what kind of qualifications do they have?

If we don't understand the comments is there someone we can call or anything?

Hi,

I would like to enter the raffle, sounds like a great opportunity to get some extra help.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
@bananaz: All of our editors have at least 10 years of professional editing and writing experience. They are all trained in the art of medical admissions by Dr. Freedman.

@Aspen D: If you have questions about your revisions, you can email your editor or speak with them directly.

Also, we are currently having some server issues so our website is intermittently down. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

This would help a lot. Please enter me in the raffle also. Thank you for your service!

Do you also edit personal statements for pre-med postbac programs and Special Masters Programs?

Can I still enter the raffle?

Since all services are individualized, there is no uniform "logic" to explain MedEdits' approach. Our editors will not only modify grammar, wording, etc., but also make suggestions to improve essay content. Each editing service includes two revisions. You will work closely with your editor until your service is complete. We do not compose documents for clients.

Thanks for the response, yes by logic I meant the reasoning behind the suggestions made. Just wanted to make sure there was communication behind the process, and not just a simple "send me your draft" and "here is our suggestions, thank you have a nice day." Your response indicates that there is which is great!

I would like to enter the raffle. Thank you.

Also, how many drafts of the personal statement do we work on?

I am interested on your service, too. I will be applying this summer, and since English is not my first language, your services will be very helpful.

Please enter me in your raffle,too.

Is there an expiration date for the prize?

I am really looking forward to trying out the service in future!

Have you worked with reapplicants who have used MedEdits in their second attempt to attend medical school? Have you noticed a significantly higher matriculation percentage?

Do you help at all with LOR editing and such (i.e., for when people ask us to help write our own LORs)?

Enter to win personal statement editing with MedEdits' editors! MedEdits will be giving away one personal statement editing package that includes two revisions of your personal statement!

MedEdits offers a unique, intensive "double read" process for all editing services. Two professional editors and writers with at least 10 years of experience review and edit every document. All of our editors are also trained in the art of medical admissions by Dr. Jessica Freedman. MedEdits is not a generic "essay editing" company; we focus solely on medical admissions.

Services must be used within one year.

Please enter me in the raffle.

@Aspen D: Each editing service includes two rounds of revisions.
@Quester: Services must be used within one year of winning.
@Toledopower: We work with many reapplicants. We do not have data on their success.
@apumic: We can help with LOR editing but if you are interested in this service, please contact our office directly. We find that more and more students are being asked to write their own LORs.

How long is the usual turn around after submitting a PS for editing/review?

How long does the process take before all editing is complete? How long in advance should we submit our letters?

How long does the process take before all editing is complete? How long in advance should we submit our letters?

Each revision takes up to three business days. Ideally you should submit your personal statement at least two weeks before you want it finalized.

Count me in as well. Sounds like a great service

I'd like to enter the raffle for personal statement editing too (for my postbaccalaureate essays). When is the drawing?

Thanks!

I’m interested in entering the raffle too, thanks!

This sounds like a great offer! I was wondering if the personal statement editing service involved more content revision or if the service focused more on styling?

Add me to the raffle, this sounds like a great service!

Add me to the raffle. Thanks!

Throw me on the list too.

I am interested as well. Please enter me into the raffle.

Thank you!

I really need help with my personal statement and would really be able to utilize this!