Medical RAFFLE ITEM: How to get into medical school with a low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdadmit

Admissions Expert
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

MDadmit is proud to be donating a copy of Dr. Miller's ebook: How to get into medical school with a low GPA.

The raffle winner will receive one copy of How to get into medical school with a low GPA.

The raffle winner will be drawn by SDN from among the members who post an answer to this question:
If you could have one book/product/service to help you with getting into medical school/applying to medical school, what would it be?

Up to 500 SDN members can enter the drawing
ebook will be e-mailed to winner

With over a decade of medical school admissions advising experience under her belt, Dr. Suzanne M. Miller has helped hundreds of pre-meds with low GPAs gain admission to medical school. Acknowledging that many pre-meds cannot afford a personal medical school admissions consultant, she decided to write How to Get into Medical School with a Low GPA to assist those with less than stellar grades regain hope and understand what they can do to get in to medical school.

How to Get into Medical School with a Low GPA will show you how you can:

• Get into the mind of the admissions committees and see how the GPA is really used in medical school admissions
• Use the framework Dr. Miller employs with her “low GPA” clients to formulate what you need to do to get accepted to medical school
• Develop a plan of action based on your own personal circumstances using Dr. Miller's categorization framework
• Strategize how you can get accepted to medical school by reading 13 low GPA success stories of how pre-meds got into medical school despite their low GPAs
• Forget about the mythical “GPA cut-off” and plan your application strategy based on statistical data broken out by six different dimensions on easy to read graphs
• Learn how you can subtly, yet effectively address a low GPA in your personal statement by reading the personal statements of three pre-meds who were accepted to medical school despite low GPAs
• Avoid making things worse by addressing a low GPA inappropriately
• Enhance your prospects of admission by undertaking any of the activities listed on the GPA Mitigation Activities List
• Make an informed decision about whether it’s worth the investment required to gain admission based on your own personal situation
• Be ready for the actual application with Dr. Miller's medical admissions process overview in which she describes each of the application sections including the AMCAS application, secondary essays, and interviews

You can obtain your own copy of How to Get into Medical School with a Low GPA at howtobepremed.com

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I could have one book/product/service to help me with getting into medical school..........
it would how to make my experiences and motivations "unique and important." I always hear medical school reps during open houses say we have heard all of the stories before. "everyone says they want to be a doctor b/c they want to help others or because they love science."
All I know is that apparently, that is not enough of an answer, even though it is RAW answer that did motivate us to pursue this career. Most people are applying to medical school for the first time, so we don't know that everyone else is saying the same thing. Despite the GREAT need for input from an expert, and the lack of it currently, I would really appreciate a book/guide that is for students who are applying on their own. Let's face it, my school does not have a "pre-med committee." It is a small school with little opportunities. And most pre-meds don't have the money to hire a company to help them out with the whole process. I think that "how to apply to med school by yourself" or a "at home guide to applying to medical school" with tips from various medical school admission committee members would be gold.

Last edited:
If I could have one book/product/service to help me with getting into medical school....

Ok so wrote this and then I saw that apparently, YOU actually have a book on the book I wish existed. ummmm, you are good!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you could have one book/product/service to help you with getting into medical school/applying to medical school, what would it be?
I would want a personal service in which someone can go through my life story and help me know exactly how to stand out (given my personal experiences) to ADCOMs as a successful medical candidate

Ok so wrote this and then I saw that apparently, YOU actually have a book on the book I wish existed. ummmm, you are good!
Thanks! I literally wrote The Medical School Admissions Guide: A Harvard MD's Week-by-Week Admissions Handbook because I know everyone cannot afford a personal admissions consultant. I barely could afford a hamburger when I applied! But I could have afforded a $17 book. I hope you find it helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
I would want a personal service in which someone can go through my life story and help me know exactly how to stand out (given my personal experiences) to ADCOMs as a successful medical candidate
Fortunately, medical school admissions consultants exist to help you with exactly this request. There are lots of services out there to choose from, as an Internet search will reveal. If you choose not to go the consultant route, then see if your undergraduate/post-bac pre-med advisor can help with this. But don't be offended if your advisor simply doesn't have the time. Many advisors are responsible for hundreds of pre-meds and don't have the capacity to provide such personalized service. Best of luck with your application!

Thanks! I literally wrote The Medical School Admissions Guide: A Harvard MD's Week-by-Week Admissions Handbook because I know everyone cannot afford a personal admissions consultant. I barely could afford a hamburger when I applied! But I could have afforded a $17 book. I hope you find it helpful.
Hi I was interested in buying the book.....it seems I didn't win the raffle :( .....but on the website howtobepremed.com it list the price as 67.00 USD (and not $17). Is this correct? Would the eBook cost $67.00?