GRE Raffle – Free GRE Online Course:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drrea27

Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Raffle – Free GRE Online Course: The Princeton Review will be giving away one free GRE Online Course to a lucky user. Anyone who posts a question or helpful comment in this thread will be eligible for the drawing. Winners will be required to disclose their home address and contact info to SDN but this information will not be shared with any third party.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll ask two:

What is taught in the online GRE course?

When are people taking the GRE?

What are the advantages of prepping for the test online vs. working through test prep books?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a notable difference in scores between those who take the Princeton Review classroom courses vs. individuals that opt for the online course?

Is the test prep material geared toward improving lower end scores rather than higher end starting points? e.g. Improving a 1000 to a 1200 rather than a 1300 to a 1500.

What sets the Princeton's review course apart from the other options for GRE review? [Kaplan, Barron, etc]

I'll ask two:

What is taught in the online GRE course?

When are people taking the GRE?

Since the GRE is computer adaptive it is administered year round and
students take it year round. Peak time are often late fall to early winter
since most graduate school applications are due between December and
March. The Princeton Review Online GRE course teaches the exact same
thing as the live course. In fact, live online actually uses the same
materials and often the same teachers.

What are the advantages of prepping for the test online vs. working through test prep books?

Content-wise, there is very little difference. Book, classes, and online
courses will all cover the same techniques. The test is taken online, so an
online course will do a better job of replicating the testing experience.

Is there a notable difference in scores between those who take the Princeton Review classroom courses vs. individuals that opt for the online course?

Princeton review classroom students improve, on average, over two hundred points. Anecdotally, the online courses are also very effective, although, there are so many online permutations that it's difficult, sometimes, to isolate the data

What is the "experimental" section of the exam?

There are two kinds of experimental sections: one named and one un-
named. Neither one counts. An un-named experimental section will look
just like the rest of the exam. Students will either get two math sections
and one verbal, or two verbal sections and one math. Because they will
see two of one or two of the other, they will know whether the
experimental is math or verbal, but won't know which actual section
counts. ETS uses these sections to test out and gather data on new
questions that will later show up on scored sections. If a student sees a
named experimental section, it means that ETS is testing questions the
really new stuff that looks nothing like the regular exam. Since the test is
changing, these are showing up more and more often.

Is the test prep material geared toward improving lower end scores rather than higher end starting points? e.g. Improving a 1000 to a 1200 rather than a 1300 to a 1500.

The higher your score goes, the harder those last few questions are to
get. So, certainly it is easier to raise a score starting from 1200 than it is
starting from 1500. However, the approaches to the different question
types and the overall pacing strategies, are applicable to all scoring
levels. Skills are skills, but higher scoring students may spend their time
on some of the more arcane question types while lower scoring students
will likely spend more time on fundamentals. They are all covered in the
course.

What sets the Princeton's review course apart from the other options for GRE review? [Kaplan, Barron, etc]

The first is practice tests. There are only a few actual computer adaptive
testing engines on the market. Princeton Review has one of the best
ones outside of ETS. I think that Princeton Review spends more time on
its materials and training than other test prep courses, and tends to have
smaller, more tailored classes. No other company comes anywhere close
to proven actual score improvements.

See how our GRE classroom course stacks up against the competition

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the course start right away? How long can we post pone it for incase we are busy with school and want to focus more attention towards this?

Does the course start right away? How long can we post pone it for incase we are busy with school and want to focus more attention towards this?

We have classroom courses starting every month in most cities so you can plan for it. Our online courses are self-paced so you can start when you want and go at your own pace.

I was wondering how much does the program cost? Thanks.

Hello, I love the thread. I'm an older student planning on going back to school due to the terrible lack of job prospects. I haven't considered taking a course because, frankly, I don't have the money. I'm scheduled to take the GRE on Feb 9th and my question is: do you have any programs that could help me prepare in such a short period of time? I've been studying pretty intensely for two weeks now and have identified my weaknesses, so I'm not in need of any diagnostic testing. I just need practice, practice, and practice. Are there CATs available on TPR's site?
Thanks so much!

If one needed to retake the GRE after taking the online course, could one retake the GRE online course for free? If so, does the score on the real GRE have to worse than the score on the diagnostic test?

I was wondering how much does the program cost? Thanks.

Special Discount Offer:
SDN members SAVE $250 on The Princeton Review’s GRE, GMAT, MCAT, or LSAT, Classroom or LiveOnline courses when you enroll between 1/4-2/3. Your current offer is $100 off so enroll now to take advantage during this limited time. Use the appropriate Promo Code from www.princetonreview.com/sdn when enrolling – this cannot be combined with any other offer or is not valid for previously enrolled students). Enroll - Give us a call at 800.2REVIEW (800-273-8439) or visit www.princetonreview.com.

For pricing info on all our programs just click on the product you are interested below. We range anywhere from $100-$2000.

Our GRE Test Preparation Options Include:
1. GRE Private Tutoring
The most effective, convenient and flexible prep program available. We'll select a tutor who best matches your individual needs and send them to you.
2. GRE Small Group Tutoring
Offers the structure of our prep course and the flexibility of private tutoring. A program that's built around you – you pick the schedule and location. You can form your own group, or let us match you with other students who have similar goals.
3. GRE Classroom Courses - Convenient 4-8 week options and available in most cities.
4. GRE Essential Courses - Affordable and fast prep (in select cities).
5. GRE Online Courses
If you prefer independent study and want a flexible schedule while interactive and engaging, your experience will be uniquely tailored with customized diagnostic score reports and personalized homework assignments.

Hello, I love the thread. I'm an older student planning on going back to school due to the terrible lack of job prospects. I haven't considered taking a course because, frankly, I don't have the money. I'm scheduled to take the GRE on Feb 9th and my question is: do you have any programs that could help me prepare in such a short period of time? I've been studying pretty intensely for two weeks now and have identified my weaknesses, so I'm not in need of any diagnostic testing. I just need practice, practice, and practice. Are there CATs available on TPR's site?
Thanks so much!

2 weeks is not a lot of time but for your time frame the only thing we have available would be our GRE Online course or Express Online or possible a GRE Essentials course if you live in a city that offers it...

Click on the options for pricing and more info:
1. GRE Private Tutoring
The most effective, convenient and flexible prep program available. We'll select a tutor who best matches your individual needs and send them to you.
2. GRE Small Group Tutoring
Offers the structure of our prep course and the flexibility of private tutoring. A program that's built around you – you pick the schedule and location. You can form your own group, or let us match you with other students who have similar goals.
3. GRE Classroom Courses - Convenient 4-8 week options and available in most cities.
4. GRE Essential Courses - Affordable and fast prep (in select cities).
5. GRE Online Courses
If you prefer independent study and want a flexible schedule while interactive and engaging, your experience will be uniquely tailored with customized diagnostic score reports and personalized homework assignments.
6. GRE Books

Special Discount Offer:
SDN members SAVE $250 on The Princeton Review’s GRE, GMAT, MCAT, or LSAT, Classroom or LiveOnline courses when you enroll between 1/4-2/3. Your current offer is $100 off so enroll now to take advantage during this limited time. Use the appropriate Promo Code from www.princetonreview.com/sdn when enrolling – this cannot be combined with any other offer or is not valid for previously enrolled students). Enroll - Give us a call at 800.2REVIEW (800-273-8439) or visit www.princetonreview.com.

If one needed to retake the GRE after taking the online course, could one retake the GRE online course for free? If so, does the score on the real GRE have to worse than the score on the diagnostic test?

If you take our course and aren't happy with your score, you can take our entire course again for free. Check our guarantee.

Special Discount Offer:

regarding the online course, does it include grading of written essays by other professionals/editors?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-XlJhRPFeI[/YOUTUBE]

Are there any geographical limitations on who can take this course?

Can we get an email a day sort of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.