Radiology Volunteer Assignment at Children's Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElysiumHaven

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My question here is regarding whether or not my volunteer assignment in radiology counts as clinical experience.
From reading around the forum, supposedly the idea is that if you can smell the patients, it is considered as clinical experience.

But I have also read the interpretation that a physician must be present in order for the experience to be considered as clinical experience.

I work with the technicians mainly, and I simply help transport patient to and fro their rooms/outpatient waiting area/emergency waiting area to the respective equipment area (CT scans, x-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound). The technicians talk about the radiologist(s) examining the images, but I personally have not seen the radiologist(s) in person.

With that being said, would my volunteer assignment count towards clinical experience or not?

As the title says, it is at a children's hospital, but that is just extra information that I've mentioned here for the sake of listing it if it matters.

Edit: I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this question in. If someone could kindly please redirect me via telling me or by moving my thread to the appropriate section, I will accept that.

Members don't see this ad.