Radiology step 1 average 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Conservatively, I have met with or know 200 vascular surgery trainees and faculty from across the US. I can count on one hand the number that think that traditional training is a superior pathway to integrated. All of them are over the age of 50 and also think that if you aren't averaging ~110 hrs/week, you aren't training enough. I have yet to meet a student wanting to go into vascular that is seriously considering GS over IVS. It makes zero sense to do general surgery first if you know anything about how residencies are structured and the skills acquired at various levels.

You have no idea how much I agree with you. I'm a proponent of making Radiology a 3 year residency plus required fellowship if we're going to force sub specialization. If we're going to keep private practice models alive, the current format is fine, but I also feel that intern year needs to be dropped.

I know quite a few students who wanted to do Vascular surgery, but weren't 100% certain. They had more options by doing general first, then vascular.

Anyway, why are you here? Are you Beetlejuice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I can also add that where you go to school matters. I'm a DO. Had 250+ step 1, step 2. All honors etc. Rejections at all the usual places with a few really good interviews and matched at one of them, thankfully. I would say from my experience, with some obvious extreme examples, school>/=step when weighing applicants. Not complaining at all.....

All in the game yo - Omar, The Wire

Although there's definitely a huge difference between 240 and 220 students/residents and 240 to 200 might as well be a different field :p

Oh yeah, there definitely is. In a test with a 10 point standard error and where 10 questions out of 280 is basically a 20-25 point swing there is a HUUUUUGE (ala President Trump), I repeat HUUUUUUUUGE difference in the caliber of individuals who get a 220 vs a 240. You would definitely be able to pick them out!!!!!! Same thing for a 220 vs a 250 and 260, you would know right away who the *****s are with the 220s vs the Einsteins with the 250. I mean this test is a PERFECT indicator of intelligence.

I'm also guessing you haven't taken Step 1 yet....