Radiology Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissRPB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

My friend is looking for veterinary residencies in Radiology. I heard an intern at ASEC mention a radiology residency (possibly offered by a VCA), but we haven't been able to find it on the match or just from googling. If anyone has information or knows of any other potential sites for a residency your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly!

Members don't see this ad.

There are 19 residencies listed on the match page. I would also check the ACVR website. Word of mouth from radiologists could help find those private practice programs that may not go through the match. Your friend will almost certainly need experience or proof of an interest in radiology to be competitive so he/she should ask a radiologist they know. In addition to any private practice positions they may offer, VCA also sponsors residents in several specialties at many universities, but from what VCA told us when I was an intern, they usually pick their outstanding VCA interns for those sponsored positions rather than unknown entities since they'd like to keep those people with an excellent track record within the company and have them owe a few years of service in exchange for the sponsored residency.

Hi!
I m going to apply for veterinary residency in Radiology on 2017 match, unfortunately, don't have excellent clinical experiences. but have few publications. Are these publications helpful to match in a radiology program? I reviewed few programs that haven't been included in the match. Before applying to those, should we mail one of those radiologists in charge of this program?