Radiology-Radiation-Imaging + Pre Med ?

xEve

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am searching for good universities in affordable and safe places that offer ( Radiology, Radiation, Imaging ) science major " it is one major, but it has different names " with a Pre Med track.Moreover, they have a medicine college.

If anyone knows, please help me!

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

I am searching for good universities in affordable and safe places that offer ( Radiology, Radiation, Imaging ) science major " it is one major, but it has different names " with a Pre Med track.Moreover, they have a medicine college.

If anyone knows, please help me!

Thank you very much!
1. Wrong forum.

2.There isnt really such a thing as a Radiology Major. There are associates degrees in radiation technologist etc that provide you with education to work as a radiology tech or other technical fields and are not designed to give y ou pre-reqs for medical school.

3. Most of the schools that offer the radiology tech education do not have Medical schools affiliated with them.

1. Wrong forum.

2.There isnt really such a thing as a Radiology Major. There are associates degrees in radiation technologist etc that provide you with education to work as a radiology tech or other technical fields and are not designed to give y ou pre-reqs for medical school.

3. Most of the schools that offer the radiology tech education do not have Medical schools affiliated with them.

1. Where should I post it ?

2. Are you sure ? Because I have asked some universities and they have it not as a technologist.

3. I don't talk about Technologists, I want it as a Bachelor's degree

Thank you for responding to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Where should I post it ?

2. Are you sure ? Because I have asked some universities and they have it not as a technologist.

3. I don't talk about Technologists, I want it as a Bachelor's degree

Thank you for responding to me!
Name the school and link the program.....we'll explain

Reactions: 1 user
Name the school and link the program.....we'll explain

Midwestern state university

MSU - Radiologic Sciences

Index

And this is my question:

Do you have a pre-med track with Radiology/ Imaging major ?
We have a pre-med program but it is not radiology. We have a totally separate degree programs for radiologic sciences and radiologic technology.

Thanks.

Midwestern state university

MSU - Radiologic Sciences

Index

And this is my question:

Do you have a pre-med track with Radiology/ Imaging major ?
We have a pre-med program but it is not radiology. We have a totally separate degree programs for radiologic sciences and radiologic technology.

Thanks.
Nothing wrong with that but it's just a bachelor degree in being a rad tech

You can do it if you want as it would provide a career, but you would need to also take prereqs to apply to med school. You don't need to major in premed

Nothing wrong with that but it's just a bachelor degree in being a rad tech

You can do it if you want as it would provide a career, but you would need to also take prereqs to apply to med school. You don't need to major in premed

Yes I don't want to major in Pre Med, I just want to take the courses of it.

If I want to major in Radiology, and take the courses of Pre Med, how can I ask universities for that ?

and could you tell me where the right forum for my subject is ?

I don't know so much about the U.S universities because I am an international student.
Thanks for helping me!

Yes I don't want to major in Pre Med, I just want to take the courses of it.

If I want to major in Radiology, and take the courses of Pre Med, how can I ask universities for that ?

and could you tell me where the right forum for my subject is ?

I don't know so much about the U.S universities because I am an international student.
Thanks for helping me!
Every degree should have required electives or you can just take the extra classes beyond what is needed for the degree

And I know this is semantics but it's not a degree in radiology. Radiology is a medical specialty after med school, this is radiologic sciences which is how to be a rad tech

Every degree should have required electives or you can just take the extra classes beyond what is needed for the degree

And I know this is semantics but it's not a degree in radiology. Radiology is a medical specialty after med school, this is radiologic sciences which is how to be a rad tech

I see. Thank you very much

As mentioned above this is a degree designed to help secure positions as radiology technicians. If you are interested in radiology, perhaps a Biomedical engineering degree with a focus in imaging might be a better match( this will be a much harder degree). I dont know if people in the bachelors you listed take the normal bio, chem, physics , and orgo series vs taking special watered down version of those classes . If they do, you will do yourself a disservice when it comes to the mcat.

Last edited:
As mentioned above this is a degree designed to help secure positions as radiology technicians. If you are interested in radiology, perhaps a Biomedical engineering degree with a focus in imaging might be a better match( this will be a much harder degree). I dont know if people in the bachelors you listed take the normal bio, chem, physics , and orgo series vs taking special watered down version of those classes . If they do, you will do yourself a disservice when it comes to the mcat.

I think it has these normal subjects, but even if it doesn't have them, Pre Med electives are enough for the MCAT. Aren't they?

Thank you for the advice!

The university I go to offers similar bachelor's degrees in certain types of medical imaging.. nuclear medicine, sonography, etc... Not exactly the rad tech type bachelor's like you described, but I know their sciences are a career-specific type, watered down, as posters said above, with specific class time devoted to their specific clinical training hours. If you want to be a xray/CT tech, that degree would work well for you...
But if med school is your end goal I feel like that degree doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. You'd have to take both the generalized science pre-reqs and the separate degree specific science classes, which would likely be a lot.
Up to you though! It doesn't make a difference I suppose as long as you get the pre-reqs and prepare!

The university I go to offers similar bachelor's degrees in certain types of medical imaging.. nuclear medicine, sonography, etc... Not exactly the rad tech type bachelor's like you described, but I know their sciences are a career-specific type, watered down, as posters said above, with specific class time devoted to their specific clinical training hours. If you want to be a xray/CT tech, that degree would work well for you...
But if med school is your end goal I feel like that degree doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. You'd have to take both the generalized science pre-reqs and the separate degree specific science classes, which would likely be a lot.
Up to you though! It doesn't make a difference I suppose as long as you get the pre-reqs and prepare!

What is your university ?

but I have heard that you can major in anything as long as you take the pre-reqs, so you and libertyyne say it affects ?

Do you know what majors that most people take before going to medical school ? Different from biology, chemistry ...

but I have heard that you can major in anything as long as you take the pre-reqs, so you and libertyyne say it affects ?

Do you know what majors that most people take before going to medical school ? Different from biology, chemistry ...
Although a strong applicant can overcome a vocational degree, they are not generally considered as rigorous as a non-vocational degree. Applicants with "Health Sciences" degrees are less likely to matriculate into medical school than those with other degrees.
Most applicants have "bio" in their degree somewhere. That doesn't make it a preferred degree for medical schools, though.