This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One month left!!! I bet my coworkers hate me for fooling around with the "I don't care about this crappy gap year job at all" all over my face...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to figure out when to quit...I'm in a flexible field and I'd like to be done at the end of May so I can hike and camp in June and go to Europe in July....but my boss just offered me 8k if I extend my contract and work 4 weeks in June. How the hell do I justify saying no to that??
I would totally keep working! Just camp and hike on the weekends...? and then go BIG in Europe with all that extra cash you have floating around!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can officially afford to pay out my rent and expenses until school starts now, plus a little extra to go visit Cali!
Putting in my two weeks notice next Monday :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I can officially afford to pay out my rent and expenses until school starts now, plus a little extra to go visit Cali!
Putting in my two weeks notice next Monday :soexcited:
How I envy you. I can afford living expenses, but I need the health insurance for the little one on the way.

One month left!!! I bet my coworkers hate me for fooling around with the "I don't care about this crappy gap year job at all" all over my face...

Same! 17 (business) days.. not that I'm keeping precise count or anything

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else planning to work until week before orientation?

Gotta get as much $$$$ as possible

Me!! I just submitted my resignation for June 21st, and orientation starts on the 28th :clap:

Me!! I just submitted my resignation for June 21st, and orientation starts on the 28th :clap:

What the heck school are you going to that has orientation starting in JUNE

Dang and I though mid-July was early.. my friends headed to pharmacy and optometry school don't start until the end of August

Yea I was surprised too, but they told us they do that to start us off slowly to ease into the curriculum, then by august we will be at full speed. I like that as I had 2 gap years off from school and haven't been in a classroom in a while. They did tell us we have a test the first Friday of class though:scared:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning on working until orientation. Now I'm sure i'm gonna last that long.

My lack of caring will probably get me fired in the next month or so.......

I was planning on working until orientation. Now I'm sure i'm gonna last that long.

I doubt they'll bother. Way too much paperwork for someone who is leaving anyway.

Two weeks left! Completely lack of motivation lately, have been postponing everything to after quitting.

Two weeks left! Completely lack of motivation lately, have been postponing everything to after quitting.

Same! My two weeks is up next Thursday and I just can't be bothered to do any real work. It's a problem haha

If you can, get enough money saved up for summer shenanigans and move back in with the parents. I knew that I could have worked all the way up until my move for school but my job was too unbearable.

If you can, get enough money saved up for summer shenanigans and move back in with the parents. I knew that I could have worked all the way up until my move for school but my job was too unbearable.

Feel for you. My job is so tedious that I feel like I am a walking dead. Real thrilled that I have something to do for the next 40 years of my life!

Quitting end of May
Vacation the beginning of June
Smoke weed until Orientation!
More Wins Soon Come

Quitting end of May
Vacation the beginning of June
Smoke weed until Orientation!
More Wins Soon Come
Maaaaan you're gonna be in trouble if the DEA ever finds your SDN handle

Maaaaan you're gonna be in trouble if the DEA ever finds your SDN handle
You really think so?
In that case I officially Quit smoking Weed 05/16/17

Reactions: 4 users
I gave my two month notice .

way too long boss
Meh, I work In a professional setting giving anything less than 30 days is considered bad form. plus they are keeping me on until the day before school starts.

Meh, I work In a professional setting giving anything less than 30 days is considered bad form. plus they are keeping me on until the day before school starts.
LMAO you're quitting. **** on the desk and call it a day

LMAO you're quitting. **** on the desk and call it a day
Yeah, it's a hospital where I might do a residency. Lol not burning a bridge if I can help it. If this was a retail job I probably would refrain from that as well. Don't want any criminal charges to haunt me during residency application.

Yeah, it's a hospital where I might do a residency. Lol not burning a bridge if I can help it. If this was a retail job I probably would refrain from that as well. Don't want any criminal charges to haunt me during residency application.
In that case buy them all starbucks! Then leave. 2 months is way to long my friend. Make sure you enjoy your time before med school

Done June 30th, which is approximately 45 days longer than I would prefer but there's this whole pesky "mortgage payment" and "eating food" thing holding me back.

In retrospect, putting in a three month notice may have just elongated the pain.

In that case buy them all starbucks! Then leave. 2 months is way to long my friend. Make sure you enjoy your time before med school
"Hey boss, I bought you a latte. Also I quit. Peace out, sloths rule."

Reactions: 5 users
Just curious when all recently accepted students are planning on quitting their jobs. I constantly debate the point of trying to lessen my inevitably enormous sum of debt before medical school starts. I want to leave, travel, and enjoy my year, but I need the money. Feels bad

Thoughts?
I would tell you to quit, but practically, I think working as much as you can and saving enough will help you in the long term. But definitely take a month or 1.5 months before school starts to enjoy yourself!

Put in a 30 day notice to job today! Freedom for 1.5 months before school here I come!

I put in my "possible 14 month" notice in last May. I feel like I may have been a little early to the party.

I put in my "possible 14 month" notice in last May. I feel like I may have been a little early to the party.
Try 2 years ago when I applied for the first time and thought I was going to get accepted and leave.......oops....

Reactions: 4 users
Done June 30th, which is approximately 45 days longer than I would prefer but there's this whole pesky "mortgage payment" and "eating food" thing holding me back.

In retrospect, putting in a three month notice may have just elongated the pain.
Pesky mortgages and health insurance. I am literally leaving on a Friday and starting medical school on the Monday afterwards

I gave 3 months notice a few weeks ago! I'm also in the quitting-right-before-school-begins club. I thought it would make me more productive at work, but I'm just restless at this point.

Late night study sessions, stressful exams, burgeoning financial debt...mmm...I honestly can't wait.

Friday was supposed to be my last day but due I just got asked to stay on til Monday since a bunch of people have requested time off. That extra day just seems like an eternity longer when I've been looking forward to this Friday for months haha

Pesky mortgages and health insurance. I am literally leaving on a Friday and starting medical school on the Monday afterwards

Yeesh, that certainly puts it in perspective. If nothing else, it'll keep you conditioned to the grind!

10 days left, have 7 sick days that wont be paid out when I'm done....hmmmm

Reactions: 9 users
i had basically run very low on funds (thank you, med school application process) and realized i probably didn't have enough to last until grad plus kicks in so i got a ****ty retail job
probably going to quit after only like 1 month though because I'll have enough and I'd rather enjoy june/july before school starts...i only need money for gas/fun and 1 month of work pretty much will cover 2 months of fun since i'm frugal as it is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.