Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

lockness

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd love to go to this medical school. However, I noticed that the acceptance rate for this school and many others are less than 2%. That seems impossible, how the hell could you get in a school that only accepts on percent? It seems completely impossible. Is it? Can I get accepted? Let's say I get all A's and a few B's in College and a decent score on the Mcat. Can I get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps think about this when you're a junior in college and not a freshman in high school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No I can't be alright if it's not planned.
Then get a 528 on the MCAT, a 4.0 at Harvard, and cure cancer when you're in college. I don't really get how you intend on planning to get into a certain medical school; if you've bothered to read around SDN, you should know which numbers would be competitive/what would maximize your chances of getting in. Even then, I don't see how you could possibly plan that when you're still in high school...

I'd love to go to this medical school. However, I noticed that the acceptance rate for this school and many others are less than 2%. That seems impossible, how the hell could you get in a school that only accepts on percent? It seems completely impossible. Is it? Can I get accepted? Let's say I get all A's and a few B's in College and a decent score on the Mcat. Can I get in?
Find out who the dean of admissions is. Contact them now and ask what you can do to prepare or increase your chances. Check in with them every year until then without being too annoying. Maybe giving them an update and mentioning something new about their school each year that continues to excite you and what you've been up to. It'll put you on their radar at least. In the end, you'll likely apply to 20+/- schools and go anywhere that will let you in. Contrary to belief, a 4.0 at Harvard and a 528 MCAT won't get you in anywhere. It'll get you a better shot at Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Yale, etc., maybe..., but some schools might not even look at you because they'll suspect they are a safety school.

No I can't be alright if it's not planned.

As someone said around 40 percent of applicants get into a Med school and of those many receive only one acceptance. Many, if not most, have an acceptance rate of less than 5 percent. There is no way you can plan with absolutes. Do the best you can in high school and get into a good college. Make yourself a well rounded student and hope for the best.

As someone said around 40 percent of applicants get into a Med school and of those many receive only one acceptance. Many, if not most, have an acceptance rate of less than 5 percent. There is no way you can plan with absolutes. Do the best you can in high school and get into a good college. Make yourself a well rounded student and hope for the best.
Yeah. It's very hard to just choose what medical school you go to and then get in there.
Yes. Netter is around a 2-3% acceptance rate. Don't get your heart set on a particular school. Just set it on getting into a school period for starts.

Reactions: 1 user