quick question for the sdn expert

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So i'm a re-applicant this year and I just got my AMCAS verified. But, they didnt use two of my english classes for AMCAS gpa while the previous year they did. Does this mean that all the med school wont count those class? It's the only english courses I took in college so I'm sure I needed to meet the basic requirement of most med schools. Second question is if I ask to correct it, will it delay my applications any further

Members don't see this ad.

So i'm a re-applicant this year and I just got my AMCAS verified. But, they didnt use two of my english classes for AMCAS gpa while the previous year they did. Does this mean that all the med school wont count those class? It's the only english courses I took in college so I'm sure I needed to meet the basic requirement of most med schools. Second question is if I ask to correct it, will it delay my applications any further

how is that possible? if they're on your official transcript, and you received credit for them, they must go into your amcas gpa.

how is that possible? if they're on your official transcript, and you received credit for them, they must go into your amcas gpa.

I'm wondering about that myself. They recognize the grade i got, but it was mark as an X for AMCAS use. I dont know what's the difference

I'm wondering about that myself. They recognize the grade i got, but it was mark as an X for AMCAS use. I dont know what's the difference

the X doesnt mean that it wasnt counted. the x just means that something was 'changed' about it. for instance, i have every course on my amcas with an X next to it, for a technical reason -- my school doesnt write the number of credits for courses on the transcript, because every course is always 4 credits, so they cant "verify" that and just mark all of them as x and weight them equally.

anyway, you're fine, im pretty sure your grades have been counted