Quick Advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolo390

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I just took my first full-length practice exam using a mix of bootcamp exams because I already completed 1-5. I am taking my DAT July 1st so pretty soon ahhh

There were my scores:
BIO: 20
GC: 19
OC: 20
PAT: 20
RC: 16 (I had to guess on a bunch because EVERY question was long and there were barely any straight forward questions)... I have been scoring between 18-24 on every other test? Idk
QR: 17 (my weakest section in general, always run out of time and freak out during this entire section).

Where do you think I should go from here? Does it seem like I can get these scores where they need to be and potentially get a 21+ on the DAT? Ik thats a hard question to answer but from experience or anything - it would be nice to hear about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Practice more Qr questions. You will get better and improve that score!
If you get it to 21 you are golden.
As for RC. I really don't know!
Do more practice keep on reading articles, and find your strategy.
your science and Pat look ok. (gen chem though, focus on your weak stuff)

If you don't feel ready when you do another full-length test
I would postpone for a week or so.
what's the difference bettween taking the test july the first or 10th?
more practice but in term of applying late, you are still in july right?

Your science scores are pretty good just make sure you keep practicing using the Destroyer and BC, try to use Feralis notes for some Bio review too. BC would definitely help you improve your PAT score if you practice with the generators every day. For RC you should consider the Search & Destroy method, just look up "VicViper's RC Strategy" on SDN. If you have the Math Destroyer, try doing one practice test every day and you can also watch Chad's QR videos if you have a subscription with CourseSaver.com

Practice more Qr questions. You will get better and improve that score!
If you get it to 21 you are golden.
As for RC. I really don't know!
Do more practice keep on reading articles, and find your strategy.
your science and Pat look ok. (gen chem though, focus on your weak stuff)

If you don't feel ready when you do another full-length test
I would postpone for a week or so.
what's the difference bettween taking the test july the first or 10th?
more practice but in term of applying late, you are still in july right?

Thanks so much for the advice!

So I've already worked through Math Destroyer and have re-written out all practice exams and stuff. Would you recommend going through the QR portion of the destroyer as well? My main struggles seem to be the word problem/trig (which I'm not sure even show up anymore). I just feel like I understand the problems as I do them then I get to the practice exams and can't come to an answer and waste time so just skip ugh. Also, for GC would you recommend going through chad's again? Or really just working through all the bootcamp tests and understanding everything on there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the advice!

So I've already worked through Math Destroyer and have re-written out all practice exams and stuff. Would you recommend going through the QR portion of the destroyer as well? My main struggles seem to be the word problem/trig (which I'm not sure even show up anymore). I just feel like I understand the problems as I do them then I get to the practice exams and can't come to an answer and waste time so just skip ugh. Also, for GC would you recommend going through chad's again? Or really just working through all the bootcamp tests and understanding everything on there?

My DAT is on June 30th and I'm going through Chad's videos for a second time and they make so much more sense now. Every morning I start my day off with watching one chapter of Chad's and I feel like I have a deeper understanding for the materials. I'm taking thorough notes as I'm going through the videos and also taking the quizzes at the end of each video.

If you think you don't have enough time to go through all the videos again, try going through the ones that you're struggling with the most and try hitting the most important chapters, for example Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in OC.

Reactions: 1 user
My DAT is on June 30th and I'm going through Chad's videos for a second time and they make so much more sense now. Every morning I start my day off with watching one chapter of Chad's and I feel like I have a deeper understanding for the materials. I'm taking thorough notes as I'm going through the videos and also taking the quizzes at the end of each video.

If you think you don't have enough time to go through all the videos again, try going through the ones that you're struggling with the most and try hitting the most important chapters, for example Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in OC.

I was really considering going through again and I think I will now for GC especially... I'm okay on OC I just make dumb mistakes and haven't fully memorized stuff yet. As for GC... its so weird because I understand how to do the problems I just freak out when I have to do them quickly idk its hard to explain but when I go through the mistakes I made its stuff I already "know" so i'm hoping watching again will just drill it in my head.

I already took really detailed notes from chads videos... do you think itd be more beneficial to keep those notes infront of me AND watch at the same time and try to re-make the connections??

Now that you've done some practice tests/problems you'll know what to pay extra attention to when going through Chad's GC a second time. I would recommend keeping your notes in front of you, it will help you make the connections easier and try doing the quizzes right after watching each video, it will help solidify all the info in your head.

I was really considering going through again and I think I will now for GC especially... I'm okay on OC I just make dumb mistakes and haven't fully memorized stuff yet. As for GC... its so weird because I understand how to do the problems I just freak out when I have to do them quickly idk its hard to explain but when I go through the mistakes I made its stuff I already "know" so i'm hoping watching again will just drill it in my head.

I already took really detailed notes from chads videos... do you think itd be more beneficial to keep those notes infront of me AND watch at the same time and try to re-make the connections??
GC you really don't have to do the problems quickly like QR. You have plenty of time and people always save tons of time by breezing through bio and ochem. I always hear people saying they can double or even triple check there work with the science portion of the DAT. So take your time with the GC problems because you'll have ample time. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
GC you really don't have to do the problems quickly like QR. You have plenty of time and people always save tons of time by breezing through bio and ochem. I always hear people saying they can double or even triple check there work with the science portion of the DAT. So take your time with the GC problems because you'll have ample time. Good luck.

Wow you are so right! I always forget that those sections are grouped and theres not a limit like bootcamp gives. I'm so quick with bio/ochem, so that does guarantee me some extra time with GC.. thanks for reminding me def took a huge weight off my shoulders.

Wow you are so right! I always forget that those sections are grouped and theres not a limit like bootcamp gives. I'm so quick with bio/ochem, so that does guarantee me some extra time with GC.. thanks for reminding me def took a huge weight off my shoulders.
I had the same problem and I realized that it's not even a problem. I just remembered chad always saying you don't have a lot of time, but in reality you actually do (for sciences at least).