Questions for those approved for Fee Assistance Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted836285

For those of you who have ever gotten approved for the Fee Assistance Program, did you ask every school to waive their secondary fee regardless of if they mention offering assistance or not? How successful were you in getting them waived? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have ever gotten approved for the Fee Assistance Program, did you ask every school to waive their secondary fee regardless of if they mention offering assistance or not? How successful were you in getting them waived? Thanks!

I did not ask every school to waive it. not every school lets you waive supp.

Members don't see this ad :)

I was approved for fee assistance!

Yes, I also emailed all schools on my list to waive my secondary fee! Simply put, (some) dental schools are greedy as Fu**. Schools that offered waivers easily (and happily) waived my fee. However, schools that didn't offer waivers (like Rutgers, Maryland, temple, Upenn) all gave me attitudes and stated they offer no form of assistance in regards to secondary fees.

Reactions: 1 user
I was approved for fee assistance!

Yes, I also emailed all schools on my list to waive my secondary fee! Simply put, (some) dental schools are greedy as Fu**. Schools that offered waivers easily (and happily) waived my fee. However, schools that didn't offer waivers (like Rutgers, Maryland, temple, Upenn) all gave me attitudes and stated they offer no form of assistance in regards to secondary fees.
Lol well I asked really professionally and nicely, so fingers crossed, but I figured as such. Thanks for letting me know as I applied to Maryland and Penn as well, guess I'll be spending some coins regardless D: