Question Scholl students (research)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wodiatrist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my first post so I deeply apologize if I do anything wrong.
  • Are you involved in research? If so, how did you initiate the opportunity? When did you begin research, and would you recommend trying to get involved during the first semester or year?
I will be attending Scholl '21 and appreciate any insight! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, my first post so I deeply apologize if I do anything wrong.
  • Are you involved in research? If so, how did you initiate the opportunity? When did you begin research, and would you recommend trying to get involved during the first semester or year?
I will be attending Scholl '21 and appreciate any insight! :)

I have 3 done 3 projects (I'm a 3rd year). Started the first one summer after 1st year then picked up 2 more during that break as well. Finished the first before we started again in the fall and the other 2 during the fall quarter.

Initiated the first by approaching clinicians via the CLEAR program at school. The 2nd was through a position I held in a student club. The last was after I was approached by classmates asking if I was interested.

I wouldn't recommend starting until the summer after first year. Allow yourself time to adjust to the courseload and expectations. If you feel like you have a handle on things you could start in the spring but that's when the curriculum picks up as well. You have plenty of time during the summer after first year whether you participate in CLEAR or not. Spend the first year focused on grades and getting to know your classmates as well as getting involved in clubs that interest you.

Reactions: 1 user