Question: Private Optometry school tuition 2017 on wards total cost of an OD degree: 250-270 K

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was told to remove my post by someone sending me a private message. I do what I'm told. This topic is no longer in use.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
tell me about it!

im guessing most aren't cut out for dental, med or anything worthwhile*

the oat is a joke, and admissions standards are poor, BUT Optometry is quite a niche and is fairly new to other fields, like PA....not hating on Opto, just irritating that it can be in the same category as MD, DDS etc.

(there maybe 100 students who can get an acceptance into med or dental etc, but they want to do opto for various reasons)

I think you are overestimating costs. Im personally extremely satisfied as a new grad of four years.

Members don't see this ad :)
This topic is no longer in use. I was told to delete it.

Last edited:
You overestimated the debt by 50k+ so the basis for your question is misleading. My financial matters leave me extremely satisfied because in my n=1 story, my current finances did justify the investment. I have everything that I would possibly need as a 30 year old, financially speaking: a house, disposable income, pension, retirement fund, health/dental insurance, 30 days vacation per year among other perks. The actual work I do for this compensation is also fulfilling and easy.

Reactions: 1 user
zero. 0.00 This topic is closed for discussion. My apologies for asking a question that I believed was fair. Topic closed. Was asked in private email to delete.

Last edited: