Question! failed pharmacy school, and what will happen to the intern license?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ourrealestate

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my friend who unfortunately failed the pharmacy school at his first year.
He's thinking of taking a pharmacy technician exam soon so that he can work as a technician while he waits to repeat the P1 next year.

I think he doesn't need to get a technician license since he can work with his intern pharmacist license. But what he said was he won't be able to work with his intern license while he does not go to school.

So my question is
1) Can he work with his intern license till next year he starts to repeat his P1?
2) What will happen to his intern license if he gets a pharmacy technician license?
3) Can he work as a technician with intern license if he can work with his intern license?

Members don't see this ad.

What state is he in? Will the school not allow him to take some classes for the following year or semester?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is a highly state-specific question. Where is your friend going to school?

Members don't see this ad :)
What state is he in? Will the school not allow him to take some classes for the following year or semester?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is a highly state-specific question. Where is your friend going to school?

It's in California. I don't think his school offers that generosity. It seems he has to wait till next year. So he wants to have more job experience & make money during this year.

Well he should review the laws for CA but if he already has an intern license and he is going to resume classes next year it seems like a tech license would be a waste of time and money, his intern license should still be active. Of course he can probably check the status of his intern license online (well you can in FL anyway, I assume CA is at least as advanced as Fl, lol).

Reactions: 1 user
Well he should review the laws for CA but if he already has an intern license and he is going to resume classes next year it seems like a tech license would be a waste of time and money, his intern license should still be active. Of course he can probably check the status of his intern license online (well you can in FL anyway, I assume CA is at least as advanced as Fl, lol).

As of 06-17-2017, California still has link to verify license of pharmacist, intern, tech.... :)
License Search - California State Board of Pharmacy