Question about UNECOM Primary App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaguarsFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm applying this cycle (2017-2018) to 13 MD schools, and 4 DO. UNECOM's primary app asks you to write the number of osteopathic schools to which you're applying and the number of allopathic. They have no way of knowing, so should I just lie and write 0 MD schools? Obviously if I tell the truth it looks like DO is more of a backup. Any advice or experience with this app is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Or you could turn it around on them and say how you were picky with which D.O. schools you applied to and say that you feel their institution is respectable and would greatly like to attend?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't lie. It doesn't look like DO is a backup at all. If you apply in January or February it might look like a backup but not this early.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the essay section, just write you like UNE COM and that it's a top choice, assuming that is true

Don't lie. It's not a big deal, it just helps provide a better idea of who you are and where you're looking to go. I know people that applied to fifty MD schools and a dozen DO, and people that applied to just UNE.

Just tell the truth. We know you're aiming for MD first. We don't take it personally.

Hello all. I'm applying this cycle (2017-2018) to 13 MD schools, and 4 DO. UNECOM's primary app asks you to write the number of osteopathic schools to which you're applying and the number of allopathic. They have no way of knowing, so should I just lie and write 0 MD schools? Obviously if I tell the truth it looks like DO is more of a backup. Any advice or experience with this app is appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users
In my interview, they asked about why I had applied to 12 MD schools and only 6 DO schools. I don't remember exactly what my response was, but I was accepted and start there next week. As long as you can articulate Why DO and Why UNE, you will be fine.

I didn't care for this question and KCUMB did the same thing. I know they're looking for stats and motivations but I think completing the primary, secondary and accepting the II should be all they need to know about what I want.