Question about Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingtobeanasiandoc

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all! I recently submitted my AMCAS application to Georgetown. However, I just checked their website stating that subsection scores below 125 are not considered competitive. Considering I scored a 124 on CARS, should I still submit the secondary application? My MCAT score is within the range of acceptances (25th percentile on MSAR) and my cGPA/sGPA is 3.90/3.84 respectively (75th percentile on MSAR).

Members don't see this ad.

is your cars within the 10%ile? I'm the other way around my GPA is like 20%ile and my MCAT is 90%ile but I think they should balance out somehow and as long as its in the accepted range its okay. I think they mean noncompetitive as in don't expect to get in with all 124s

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all! I recently submitted my AMCAS application to Georgetown. However, I just checked their website stating that subsection scores below 125 are not considered competitive. Considering I scored a 124 on CARS, should I still submit the secondary application? My MCAT score is within the range of acceptances (25th percentile on MSAR) and my cGPA/sGPA is 3.90/3.84 respectively (75th percentile on MSAR).
While it is less than Georgetown's "suggested" competitive mark, its not a death sentence. If your heart tells you to apply, you should. That's always been my motto. That's why I applied to maybe 1 or 2 schools well beyond my reach, but hey, ya never know ;).

Reactions: 2 users
invest in MSAR first of all

second, it's hard to tell; their 10th percentiles is 125 for CARS, but does that mean they accepted a person or two in the bottom 10% with a 124? hard to tell.. maybe give them a call anonymously

While it is less than Georgetown's "suggested" competitive mark, its not a death sentence. If your heart tells you to apply, you should. That's always been my motto. That's why I applied to maybe 1 or 2 schools well beyond my reach, but hey, ya never know ;).
If you don't mind me asking, did you receive II's/acceptances to your "reach" schools? :)

If you don't mind me asking, did you receive II's/acceptances to your "reach" schools? :)
nope lmfao they immediately rejected me (within 5 business days of me submitting my secondary and being "complete") but hey, now I know I'm not Weill Cornell material </3

Reactions: 1 users
nope lmfao they immediately rejected me (within 5 business days of me submitting my secondary and being "complete") but hey, now I know I'm not Weill Cornell material </3
Just the inspiration I was looking for haha

Reactions: 3 users

Do you mind sharing your stats Dr. Stalker?? I submitted my Gtown II July 5th...awaiting a decision.

I think you answered your question, and also explained why the CARS section is important.